Brentford game postponed

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Brentford game postponed

by Nameless » 13 Jan 2021 11:25

Sanguine
morganb Our rearranged home fixture against Brentford will now be played on Wed 10th February, kick-off 7pm.

However, should Brentford FC remain in the FA Cup beyond the Fourth Round, our league meeting against the Bees will instead be rescheduled for Wed 10th March, kick-off 7pm.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ReadingFC/st ... 1602188288

I mean, that emphasises my point really. Fixture congestion means that the game already has to wait four weeks, and if Brentford are still in the cup, won't be played for another two months.

And of course there is every likelihood we, or they, or one of the teams we are playing will get more positives meaning more games having to be shoehorned into less time.
Managers will now be focused on their PPG rather than actual points and a team could end up getting promoted as a result of having more positive tests than anyone else...

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 13 Jan 2021 11:49

Nameless
Sanguine
morganb Our rearranged home fixture against Brentford will now be played on Wed 10th February, kick-off 7pm.

However, should Brentford FC remain in the FA Cup beyond the Fourth Round, our league meeting against the Bees will instead be rescheduled for Wed 10th March, kick-off 7pm.

I mean, that emphasises my point really. Fixture congestion means that the game already has to wait four weeks, and if Brentford are still in the cup, won't be played for another two months.

And of course there is every likelihood we, or they, or one of the teams we are playing will get more positives meaning more games having to be shoehorned into less time.
Managers will now be focused on their PPG rather than actual points and a team could end up getting promoted as a result of having more positive tests than anyone else...

I think Reading should get an additional allowance for having players seemingly injured for longer than any of our competitors. :wink:
Whatever happened to the simple groin strain that led to missing just the one game?

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 13 Jan 2021 12:25

South Coast Royal
Nameless
Sanguine

I think Reading should get an additional allowance for having players seemingly injured for longer than any of our competitors. :wink:
Whatever happened to the simple groin strain that led to missing just the one game?

I guess stuff like MRI scanners and physios who are medically qualified rather than just retired players who’s main way of treating a player was with a wet sponge !

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 13 Jan 2021 12:27

The good news is that the fixture list post NY is much less full than the end of 2020.

I make it that after 10th February we still have 4 clear midweeks without a game and so even allowing for some postponements it would be a tad unlucky not to be able to finish the season on schedule.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 13 Jan 2021 13:33

Nameless
South Coast Royal
Nameless

I guess stuff like MRI scanners and physios who are medically qualified rather than just retired players who’s main way of treating a player was with a wet sponge !

Exactly and that is why it seems odd that so many of our players are out injured for so long.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 14 Jan 2021 19:29

Hound not sure if thats a whoosh or not but yes, quite clearly. There was some study before they restarted and it was something like only 1 min of the 90 mins were the players within 1 metre of each other. And its outside. And they are (now) constantly tested.

You what? Have you ever seen a game of football?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 14 Jan 2021 19:45

Snowflake Royal
Hound not sure if thats a whoosh or not but yes, quite clearly. There was some study before they restarted and it was something like only 1 min of the 90 mins were the players within 1 metre of each other. And its outside. And they are (now) constantly tested.

Here you go, it was training sorry and my stats were crap hence why I said something like

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foo ... 15476.html

But during play they’d very rarely be in close contact - corners etc must be a bit different of course

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 14 Jan 2021 19:49

Hound
Snowflake Royal

Here you go, it was training sorry and my stats were crap hence why I said something like

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/uk ... ce-return/

But during play they’d very rarely be in close contact - corners etc must be a bit different of course

Fair enough. Corners and attacking freekicks immediately leapt out as points of prolonged close contact, often less than a minute at a time, but certainly plenty of over a minute then add them all up. Plus goal kicks to a lesser extent.

Factor in the spitting, breathing, hugging, holding, pulling, colliding. Seems like an excellent way to spread covid. Doubt being outside really has much affect if [insert current PL shithouse defender] is trying to climb into your kit at every opportunity

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 16 Jan 2021 16:18

Zip It’s frustrating but another reason why it was sensible to field such a weakened team in the Cup because this may happen again and there could be fixture congestion in the months ahead.

Absolute Balony, already this season will be extended way past May. RIP the FA Cup, now a meaningless trophy.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 16 Jan 2021 17:02

karbota
Zip It’s frustrating but another reason why it was sensible to field such a weakened team in the Cup because this may happen again and there could be fixture congestion in the months ahead.

Absolute Balony, already this season will be extended way past May. RIP the FA Cup, now a meaningless trophy.

Shut it. There is very little likelihood the season being extended with Euro 2021 Finals in June.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 16 Jan 2021 18:49

Zip
karbota

Shut it. There is very little likelihood the season being extended with Euro 2021 Finals in June.

June LOL, will be back to Autumn.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 16 Jan 2021 20:06

Snowflake Royal
Hound
Snowflake Royal You what? Have you ever seen a game of football?

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/uk ... ce-return/

Fair enough. Corners and attacking freekicks immediately leapt out as points of prolonged close contact, often less than a minute at a time, but certainly plenty of over a minute then add them all up. Plus goal kicks to a lesser extent.

Factor in the spitting, breathing, hugging, holding, pulling, colliding. Seems like an excellent way to spread covid. Doubt being outside really has much affect if [insert current PL shithouse defender] is trying to climb into your kit at every opportunity

Plus throw ins. Any sort of marking. Tackling. Changing rooms. It's ridiculous to suggest its covid safe. It simply isn't. At all.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 16 Jan 2021 20:18

Considering how you catch COVID it certainly isn’t ridiculous at all

It doesn’t transfer via contact. You need to inhale it basically, it’s just very difficult to catch outside

Even at corners and throw ins the players are within 2 metres for seconds. In a game 2 metres is extremely close. And If they are closer than that it is very rare that they are facing each other etc

These players are also rightly or wrongly the most tested people in the country I believe

Anyway last I’ll say on it. Bored by it now, just watch a game

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Jan 2021 20:23

Hound Considering how you catch COVID it certainly isn’t ridiculous at all

It doesn’t transfer via contact. You need to inhale it basically, it’s just very difficult to catch outside

Even at corners and throw ins the players are within 2 metres for seconds. In a game 2 metres is extremely close. And If they are closer than that it is very rare that they are facing each other etc

These players are also rightly or wrongly the most tested people in the country I believe

Anyway last I’ll say on it. Bored by it now, just watch a game

Why do you think advice includes washing your hands and not touching your face. Of course you can get it from contact.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 16 Jan 2021 20:27

I mean like a contagious skin disease or something

Yes if someone has it, coughs or spits on themselves, transfers it to your skin, you wipe that and stick your hand in your mouth....and that could happen of course

But it’s not going to happen a lot if you show any sort of care. Hence fist bumps being ‘ok’ where handshakes aren’t

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Jan 2021 23:15

Hound I mean like a contagious skin disease or something

Yes if someone has it, coughs or spits on themselves, transfers it to your skin, you wipe that and stick your hand in your mouth....and that could happen of course

But it’s not going to happen a lot if you show any sort of care. Hence fist bumps being ‘ok’ where handshakes aren’t

How about hugging and grabbing

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 18 Jan 2021 01:24

Snowflake Royal

May have been used to watching Gunter for too long :wink:

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 18 Jan 2021 08:25

URZZZZ
Snowflake Royal

May have been used to watching Gunter for too long :wink:

:lol:

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 18 Jan 2021 08:52

Gunter was a psychic and began social distancing before SARS-1

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 24 Jan 2021 16:19

February 10th it is