MATCHWATCH : Preston North End (a)

359 posts
royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

Re: MATCHWATCH : Preston North End (a)

by royalp-we » 21 Jan 2021 15:24

Wouldn’t mind Semedo or Esteves replacing Olise for this. Pauno will have done his homework. If we get an early couple of goals then we could drop Esteves deeper as a 5 man defence.

He’ll probs go with Aluko anyway, which is the most likely option :lol:

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Jan 2021 15:41

CountryRoyal
Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth Neither has Semedo tbf.

1 goal, 2 assists, most his appearances at AM where the three behind Joao play pretty fluid, so he's spent a fair amount of his time attack from wide even when playing in the centre.

Those numbers are shit when you consider how many minutes he’s played.

Stop trying to make him an attacking midfielder, it’s not a thing. No matter how much Pauno plays him there and how much you want him to be, he just isn’t an attacking midfielder. And he’s certainly not a fcuking RW either. Rafael could play outfield one day for shits and he would still be a goal keeper.

Tom Mc would probably have better stats if he played as much and as far forward as Semedo has been.

I'm not trying to make him anything.

You can't just decide someone is only a DM and can't play further forward if the manager clearly prefers to use them there and that's where most their appearances for us are.

Semedo, regardless of position is > Esteves or Aluko.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 21 Jan 2021 17:42

Snowflake Royal
CountryRoyal
Snowflake Royal 1 goal, 2 assists, most his appearances at AM where the three behind Joao play pretty fluid, so he's spent a fair amount of his time attack from wide even when playing in the centre.

Those numbers are shit when you consider how many minutes he’s played.

Stop trying to make him an attacking midfielder, it’s not a thing. No matter how much Pauno plays him there and how much you want him to be, he just isn’t an attacking midfielder. And he’s certainly not a fcuking RW either. Rafael could play outfield one day for shits and he would still be a goal keeper.

Tom Mc would probably have better stats if he played as much and as far forward as Semedo has been.

I'm not trying to make him anything.

You can't just decide someone is only a DM and can't play further forward if the manager clearly prefers to use them there and that's where most their appearances for us are.

Semedo, regardless of position is > Esteves or Aluko.

I get what you’re saying but he’s clearly not an attacking/creative midfielder. He’s gangly, not particularly good on the ball, doesn’t have great vision and passing is hit and miss.

For a right wing position I would go complete opposite. Aluko, then Esteves and then Semedo.

But then it’s not saying much as I’d probably rather have Richards on the wing and Gibson left back ahead of Aluko so there we go :lol:

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 21 Jan 2021 19:39

Preston don’t draw many. Just two this season with 11 wins and a hefty 12 defeats.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 21 Jan 2021 20:00

Zip Preston don’t draw many. Just two this season with 11 wins and a hefty 12 defeats.

We have only drawn 4, so a win one way or the other seems likely.

Nailed on draw then.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 21 Jan 2021 20:04

Stoke v Watford tomorrow night. What do want? A Stoke win or a draw?

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 21 Jan 2021 20:17

Zip Stoke v Watford tomorrow night. What do want? A Stoke win or a draw?

I'd say preferably a draw, or a Watford win. Add a bit more daylight between us and the teams outside the playoffs, then shrug off Watford while we chase down Swansea and Norwich.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 21 Jan 2021 23:02

tidus_mi2
Zip Preston don’t draw many. Just two this season with 11 wins and a hefty 12 defeats.

We have only drawn 4, so a win one way or the other seems likely.

Nailed on draw then.

Yep, get your money on 0-0 :D

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 22 Jan 2021 01:12

Stranded
Hound
NewCorkSeth Semedo on the wing? Remind me, have we seen that yet?

Not sure. But still prefer the idea to Aluko. Or Swift going wide.

Would kind of agree to that. Probably more chance of Semedo being here next season than Aluko, given if we do go up we are obliged to buy him.

Firmly in this camp, too.

Samedo is an under rated all round midfielder with the skill to outwit a full back but would also track back or cover for Esteves if he gets caught up field. The best right side we’ve got in my view minus Meite and Olise.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 22 Jan 2021 01:30

SCIAG 3-4-3?

Rafael
Holmes- Morrison - McIntyre
Esteves - Rino - Laurent - Richards
Swift - Joao - Ejaria

Main issue is that Swift and Ejaria both like operating in the left hand channel. Feels like Aluko is the only real option for that right hand side, though I’m sure Semedo could do a job.

That looks fairly decent on paper but it’s a risk given we’ve only played 3/5 at the back once all season (in a 3-0 loss too). Especially considering our league form has been strong the past few games

Big chance for whoever plays though out of Aluko/Semedo (assuming it’s one of them), as they’ll both find their game time restricted with Meite, Olise and possibly even Puscas back, can’t afford a poor performance in this one

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 22 Jan 2021 09:26

Rafael
Holmes Morrison McIntyre Richards
Rino Laurent
Aluko Swift Ejaria
Joao

Pauno thinks Aluko is better in that position - as he was the one that replaced Olise when he got injured. Semedo is a CM.
Holmes just about stays int he team for me for a 2 reasons, consistency in team selection is key and I dont rate Esteves in a back 4 atm.
I will concede that Holmes has mistakes in him and it will be a good chance to redeem himself and Esteves will be a ready replacement if he does not.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 22 Jan 2021 14:28

Four of the U23s who were on the bench against Coventry start today: Onen, East, Tetek and Camara - Onen and East both on the scoresheet.

Guess they can still be named on the bench on Sunday as they are unlikely to come on.

Yiadom was also in U23 action this afternoon (got 64 minutes).

Pebbleleague

by Pebbleleague » 22 Jan 2021 18:57

Good Evening

Im ProudPreston29 from PNE football forum https://pebbleleague.com/

Just a quick note to invite you to our friendly forum and out matchthread which will be updated right upto kickoff on Sunday

https://pebbleleague.com/thread/9129/pr ... nd-reading

If any of you fancy joining the forum to comment on the thread feel free.

I will post a link to your own thread on ours

Good luck (after youve played us)

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 23 Jan 2021 12:21

Ffs just stuck the radio on for the game today, nothing. Checked RFC Twitter for the team news, nothing. Thought what the f is going on. Then realised it’s tomorrow :oops:

Einstein agogo
Hob Nob Regular

by Einstein agogo » 23 Jan 2021 14:46

WoodleyRoyal Ffs just stuck the radio on for the game today, nothing. Checked RFC Twitter for the team news, nothing. Thought what the f is going on. Then realised it’s tomorrow :oops:

what an Idiot!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:oops: me too!

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 23 Jan 2021 15:54

Einstein agogo
WoodleyRoyal Ffs just stuck the radio on for the game today, nothing. Checked RFC Twitter for the team news, nothing. Thought what the f is going on. Then realised it’s tomorrow :oops:

what an Idiot!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:oops: me too!

To be fair, my Dad called me the other day and thought we weren't playing this weekend so I guess it's more common than you might think.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 23 Jan 2021 16:47

I took paid holiday for 4 hours to watch the game tomorrow so we are almost certain to lose. That’s how it works right? :cry:

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 23 Jan 2021 17:01

CountryRoyal I took paid holiday for 4 hours to watch the game tomorrow so we are almost certain to lose. That’s how it works right? :cry:

Ffs

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 23 Jan 2021 17:03

CountryRoyal I took paid holiday for 4 hours to watch the game tomorrow so we are almost certain to lose. That’s how it works right? :cry:

It will probably be called off cos of all the snow oop north

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 23 Jan 2021 18:16

WoodleyRoyal

It will probably be called off cos of all the snow oop north

No precipitation of any kind forecast in the Preston area between now and Monday at least, max temp in that time guesstimated at 2 degrees C so unless there’s been an absolute deluge in Preston already the game should be on. Of course if they take into account fan safety then...

359 posts