461 posts
Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Bournemouth (h)

by Franchise FC » 30 Jan 2021 12:08

Snowflake Royal
genome Apparently Bournemouth's starting XI last night was worth £121m

Ours was £8m :lol:

Worth is doing a lot of heavy lifting in that sentence.

Absolutely. Cost not worth

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 30 Jan 2021 12:15

South Coast Royal
John Madejski's Wallet
3points IMO too many clubs getting promoted forget to scout the Championship and lower leagues. They spend £30m on a player like Jefferson Lerma when you can pick up a Josh Laurent for nothing. Hopefully with tighter immigration controls for EU players may result in more British players getting more opportunities in the higher leagues. All bar Joao and Rafael are “British” though I accept some choose to play international football for their family’s heritage countries, which is fair enough. Not trying to be xenophobic but the dipping into international players has been the easy option for many years

Meite :?

Semedo, Aluko,Esteves?

Semedo and Esteves are loan players, Aluko was born in Hounslow. He’s in the same category as Yiadom as British born qualifies for other countries on heritage. Olise is even more complex having grown up and been educated here but born overseas of non British parents.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 30 Jan 2021 12:25

As we don't do BFTG anymore, here some marks.

Raphael 8, wasn`t overly tested but a couple of decent 2nd half saves.
Holmes 8, Was always going to be a challenge dealing with Danjuma but after the first 10 minutes dealt with him well, and that double block in the 2nd half :D
Morrison 8, stand out player this term, a rock, can`t remember a single bad showing this season, get his new contract sorted now.
MacIntyre 9, reminds me of Adie Williams, and he`s going to get better, outstanding young player.
Richards 8, tested a bit 2nd half when Brooks came on, but stood up well to the task, 2nd most successful tackles in the championship this season, another jewel who we will lose if we don`t go up.

Rino 9, outstanding again a rock in front of the back 4.
Larent 10. has there ever been a better free transfer at this club? playing in the lower leagues all his career is a joke, gem of a player and compliments Rino so well.
Ejaria 8, back to the player we know he can be no more beating himself , pace and vision.
Olise 7, didn`t think he had his greatest game but was effective in what he did, another assist from a goalkeeping error.
Swift 7, good first half but got sloppy in the 2nd, rightly subbed.

Joao 7, when he does it well like when he scored its subline when he tries it and it doesn`t come off he looks clumsy, thankfully that is rare, has to take responsabilty for their goal though.

Subs.
Esteves 6, looked lively maybe should have done better when through on goal, tested the keepers hands with a fierce shot late on.
Aluko 6, did well for his 18 minute cameo.
Meite 6, only on for 8 minutes but had 2 half chances looked lively.
Semedo 6, didn`t really notice him too much apart from the parting of the red sea when they scored.
Yiadom 6, not really on long enough to judge but a 6 just for being a part of an outstanding team peformance.

Wonder what Riquelme`s thoughts were on this when he`s been warming the Cherries bench all season when he could have been a part of this exciting project?
Last edited by windermereROYAL on 30 Jan 2021 12:50, edited 1 time in total.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 30 Jan 2021 12:43

The Riquelme question is very fair imo. Hes played 100 odd minutes? He could easily have featured heavily for us so far this season.

But I'm not upset. Aluko has done well and we are finally getting some value from him.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 30 Jan 2021 13:16

Franchise FC
Snowflake Royal
genome Apparently Bournemouth's starting XI last night was worth £121m

Ours was £8m :lol:

Worth is doing a lot of heavy lifting in that sentence.

Absolutely. Cost not worth

I was obviously on about how much the starting XI's cost.

But nice to know HNA pedantry is still going strong :lol:

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 30 Jan 2021 13:16

Interestingly had 3 different people who normally ignore reading totally text me today saying how good we looked last night

Suppose that Friday night slot is quite a good one in current circumstances

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 30 Jan 2021 13:41

Michael Morrison and Josh Laurent for a combined fee of zero was a phenomenal piece of scouting. Was unsure about Morrison initially yet here he is, in the form of his life. Laurent as well.

The teams confidence can be a bit fragile at times especially looking at when we hit a bad run of form and got battered scoreline wise several times but that is fixable. The player that DID prove he can bounce back was Lucas Joao, everyone supported him after he was in pieces over that penalty and he came back stronger last night. Hopefully that’s an inspiration for the team for the rest of the season when things start to go wrong again.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 30 Jan 2021 13:49

TiagoIlori Michael Morrison and Josh Laurent for a combined fee of zero was a phenomenal piece of scouting. Was unsure about Morrison initially yet here he is, in the form of his life. Laurent as well.

The teams confidence can be a bit fragile at times especially looking at when we hit a bad run of form and got battered scoreline wise several times but that is fixable. The player that DID prove he can bounce back was Lucas Joao, everyone supported him after he was in pieces over that penalty and he came back stronger last night. Hopefully that’s an inspiration for the team for the rest of the season when things start to go wrong again.

I'm delighted we've shown the character to bounce back. In this league, I'd say it's likely we'll have another dodgy run, as will teams around us in the league. I have faith we'll bounce back again

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 30 Jan 2021 13:53

NewCorkSeth The Riquelme question is very fair imo. Hes played 100 odd minutes? He could easily have featured heavily for us so far this season.

But I'm not upset. Aluko has done well and we are finally getting some value from him.

Did you see him at HT laughing and joking with Joao? Didn’t go down too well with some Bournemouth fans.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 30 Jan 2021 14:28

Don't know if it's been mentioned but did anyone see Esteves at the end of the game? He was fuming. Reckon he feels he should have scored. Then Joao had a word with him and tried to laugh it off

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 30 Jan 2021 14:32

windermereROYAL As we don't do BFTG anymore, here some marks.

Raphael 8, wasn`t overly tested but a couple of decent 2nd half saves.
Holmes 8, Was always going to be a challenge dealing with Danjuma but after the first 10 minutes dealt with him well, and that double block in the 2nd half :D
Morrison 8, stand out player this term, a rock, can`t remember a single bad showing this season, get his new contract sorted now.
MacIntyre 9, reminds me of Adie Williams, and he`s going to get better, outstanding young player.
Richards 8, tested a bit 2nd half when Brooks came on, but stood up well to the task, 2nd most successful tackles in the championship this season, another jewel who we will lose if we don`t go up.

Rino 9, outstanding again a rock in front of the back 4.
Larent 10. has there ever been a better free transfer at this club? playing in the lower leagues all his career is a joke, gem of a player and compliments Rino so well.
Ejaria 8, back to the player we know he can be no more beating himself , pace and vision.
Olise 7, didn`t think he had his greatest game but was effective in what he did, another assist from a goalkeeping error.
Swift 7, good first half but got sloppy in the 2nd, rightly subbed.

Joao 7, when he does it well like when he scored its subline when he tries it and it doesn`t come off he looks clumsy, thankfully that is rare, has to take responsabilty for their goal though.

Subs.
Esteves 6, looked lively maybe should have done better when through on goal, tested the keepers hands with a fierce shot late on.
Aluko 6, did well for his 18 minute cameo.
Meite 6, only on for 8 minutes but had 2 half chances looked lively.
Semedo 6, didn`t really notice him too much apart from the parting of the red sea when they scored.
Yiadom 6, not really on long enough to judge but a 6 just for being a part of an outstanding team peformance.

Wonder what Riquelme`s thoughts were on this when he`s been warming the Cherries bench all season when he could have been a part of this exciting project?

Holmes and Olise a bit high.They probably need some time out.Yids and Yakou to come in.Sorry I really do not rate Semedo.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 30 Jan 2021 14:36

Does anyone know if we have the best disciplinary record in the Championship this season ?

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 30 Jan 2021 14:39

Only 3 goals conceded in 6 games since Mac came in to partner Morro, yesterdays goal wouldn`t have been let in if Joao didn`t mind taking one in the mush, VP has a hell of a decision when Moore is fit, for me it`s a no brainer.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 30 Jan 2021 14:49

bcubed Don't know if it's been mentioned but did anyone see Esteves at the end of the game? He was fuming. Reckon he feels he should have scored. Then Joao had a word with him and tried to laugh it off

Feel a bit sorry for him. Actually played pretty well the last few weeks and finding himself out of the team. Thought he looked dangerous yesterday - poor shot aside - and does make me wonder if someone like Reiss Nelson would give us much more than he does

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 30 Jan 2021 14:54

windermereROYAL Only 3 goals conceded in 6 games since Mac came in to partner Morro, yesterdays goal wouldn`t have been let in if Joao didn`t mind taking one in the mush, VP has a hell of a decision when Moore is fit, for me it`s a no brainer.

It'll be interesting, that's for sure. Could give Morro a rest of course. Or play TomMc in midfield maybe (not as a starter, but I think I'd rather see him as a midfield sub than Semedo, for instance).

Edit: Also - where does this American we're supposed to be interested in come in?

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 30 Jan 2021 14:55

Hound
bcubed Don't know if it's been mentioned but did anyone see Esteves at the end of the game? He was fuming. Reckon he feels he should have scored. Then Joao had a word with him and tried to laugh it off

Feel a bit sorry for him. Actually played pretty well the last few weeks and finding himself out of the team. Thought he looked dangerous yesterday - poor shot aside - and does make me wonder if someone like Reiss Nelson would give us much more than he does

With good cover at RB now i think he could do a job on the wing, people are saying that position should be addressed, i seriously think he`s good enough.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 30 Jan 2021 14:56

Hound

I like him in a forward position where his quick feet and tricky play are less of a concern than when he's in defence. Maybe a role for him coming on instead of one of our midfielders?

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 30 Jan 2021 14:57

muirinho
windermereROYAL Only 3 goals conceded in 6 games since Mac came in to partner Morro, yesterdays goal wouldn`t have been let in if Joao didn`t mind taking one in the mush, VP has a hell of a decision when Moore is fit, for me it`s a no brainer.

It'll be interesting, that's for sure. Could give Morro a rest of course. Or play TomMc in midfield maybe (not as a starter, but I think I'd rather see him as a midfield sub than Semedo, for instance).

Edit: Also - where does this American we're supposed to be interested in come in?

Liverpool are rumoured to be interested in him, but he`ll pick us obviously.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 30 Jan 2021 14:59

Royals and Racers Does anyone know if we have the best disciplinary record in the Championship this season ?

Reading are second in the “fair play league” for Championship clubs having accumulated 30 bookings and 0 dismissals. Bristol City top the table having amassed 23 bookings plus 1 red card via 2 yellows.

Stoke, Forest and esp. Sheff Wed are the worst offenders

Note this is according to transfermarkt but couldn’t see anything more official

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/champio ... bewerb/GB2

Out of interest Exeter City would appear to be the “cleanest” side from across the top 4 English divisions with just 18 yellows.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 30 Jan 2021 15:01

Hendo
NewCorkSeth The Riquelme question is very fair imo. Hes played 100 odd minutes? He could easily have featured heavily for us so far this season.

Did you see him at HT laughing and joking with Joao? Didn’t go down too well with some Bournemouth fans.

Yeah it wasn't a pretty picture. Doesn't show much dedication to the cause.

Tinfoil hat moment, is there a lax attitude in the Bournemouth camp? They looked very unmotivated for large patches of the game.

461 posts