MATCHWATCH : Wycombe Wanderers (a)

544 posts
CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Wycombe Wanderers (a)

by CountryRoyal » 23 Feb 2021 21:45

genome up there with one of the most baffling managerial performances I've seen in quite a time

Agreed mate. I’m completely lost for words. There is no rational explanation that I can think of short of it being some weird “you’re in this together get yourselves out of it” kind of team building bollocks.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 23 Feb 2021 21:46

alfie9
Orion1871 Atrocious. Well deserved win for Wycombe.

This is nothing but cope, Wycombe were awful

They were crap, I didn't say they were Man City, doesn't make it an undeserved win.

Unlike Reading they actually had some fight and effort in them.
Last edited by Orion1871 on 23 Feb 2021 22:00, edited 1 time in total.

Rax

by Rax » 23 Feb 2021 21:46

Have to say ref was appalling - but we really need to sort out another pen taker - also worrying that Puskas and Baldock made no impact at all - it's all a bit like Stam's second season - there doesn't seem to be a Plan B.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 23 Feb 2021 21:46

Westwood52 Difficult to give anyone more than a four.Including Velcro.

Ejaria was terrific. The rest poor with special mention for Joao who needs to be dropped. Steaming that we lost to such a poor side. We created nothing after the sending off. We are so mentally weak.

We have lost 11 and only won 8 since the terrific start to the season. It looks like a matter of time before we drop from the play off positions.

Pauno needs to start learning very soon. He is leaving subs far too late. He has messed with the Rino/Laurent combination to accommodate Semedo who offers little.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 23 Feb 2021 21:46

Well done Wycombe, we were outplayed, Johnny Chuckles aint got a clue!. Big changes needed from the top down.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 23 Feb 2021 21:47

Safe to say the wheels have well and truly fallen off. Have lost faith in the manager. Poor selections all round and the subs defy belief.

alfie9

by alfie9 » 23 Feb 2021 21:47

Orion1871
alfie9
Orion1871 Atrocious. Well deserved win for Wycombe.

This is nothing but cope, Wycombe were awful

They were crap doesn't make it an undeserved win.

Unlike Reading they actually had some fight and effort in them.

It didn't take much effort on their part :lol:

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 23 Feb 2021 21:47

If Cardiff beat Bournmouth Tomorrow, we are in deep shit. I can see Bournmouth starting to come good again and Cardiff under Big Mick going up the table like a jugernaut.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 23 Feb 2021 21:47

Brain Traysers
CountryRoyal
Brain Traysers
Yep - we are currently operating under the worst case scenario of no rotation and very late subs. It continues to compound the issue

(but lol at all the bedwetting here)

Not justified? We’ve just put in one of the most inept, blunt, incompetent displays against one of the worst teams the championship has seen for a while and we are supposed to be challenging for promotion.

We are in a playoff battle after years of being shite. Upsets happen - we were more dangerous in the first half than we have been in recent games. Whatever happens this will be our best finish since 16/17, and likely 2nd best since we got relegated so I'm struggling to be too angry,

We are crap at breaking down defensive teams, especially with this exhausted lot and nobody on the bench to change it - no 2nd half goals in 7 now? Once 1-0 down I didn't expect anything other than a loss.

We look good against teams that have a go - Brentford and Bournemouth being our two best recent performances.

I don’t think you can always fall back upon perspective as justification for a lack of emotion at a particular event in present.

Fair play if watching that tonight doesn’t anger you, I wish I had your calm outlook BT!

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 23 Feb 2021 21:47

Ok,

Joao can f**k off with penalties and
Pauno can start thinking about f**king off if he's not careful

Pauno:

1) Why the F**K disrupt the back 4 AGAIN? CB at LB?
2) Putting Joao - proven clueless at penalties with 2 misses and one almost-miss as penalty taker? We knew he'd cock up and he did. Can't Pauno see this?
3) Rino/Laurent - ain't broke so... disrupt that, obviously.
4) 1-0 down and wait until 78 (SEVENTY EIGHT MINUTES) to bring on Puscas, especially after our recent crticisms of him not bringing him on?
5) And...for OLISE? Our most dangerous player?
6) Wait several minutes later to FINALLY bring a defender off (given we're playing 10 men!) for Aluko...
7) Take off our other most dangerous player Ejaria for toothless Baldock?

Losing 1-0 against bottom of the table side not even fighting for their lives. He couldn't cock it up more if he tried. 1% of me is asking if he's been lucky until now.

Joao:

Just f**k off and accept you're SHIT at penalties. SHIT.
Last edited by Millsy on 23 Feb 2021 21:57, edited 1 time in total.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 23 Feb 2021 21:48

The desperate lack of a natural winger is plain to see.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 23 Feb 2021 21:48

Brain Traysers
CountryRoyal
Brain Traysers
Yep - we are currently operating under the worst case scenario of no rotation and very late subs. It continues to compound the issue

Not justified? We’ve just put in one of the most inept, blunt, incompetent displays against one of the worst teams the championship has seen for a while and we are supposed to be challenging for promotion.

We are in a playoff battle after years of being shite.

Not seeing any battle. Just a slow progressive slide backwards. The formation has been well and truly been sussed. Like Stam like Gomes , Pauno doesn't have the tactical nous at this level.

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

by Greatwesternline » 23 Feb 2021 21:48

Im trying to understand Joao on pens.

There are only 3 attacking players in the side, Joao, Olise, Ejaria, i can well imagine that actually neither Olise or Ejaria are much better at pens.

That's my only thinking as to how there hasnt been a change before now.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 23 Feb 2021 21:48

Rax Have to say ref was appalling - but we really need to sort out another pen taker - also worrying that Puskas and Baldock made no impact at all - it's all a bit like Stam's second season - there doesn't seem to be a Plan B.

It’s no excuse but that refereeing performance was beyond a joke. Utterly clueless. Again how he came to 5 mins injury time is special

Not that’d it mattered if he gave us 20

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 23 Feb 2021 21:48

No one to blame but the manager for that. Four centrebacks and three defensive midfielders against the worst team in the league. No subs until the game had fizzled out. And the subs he did make were a fcuking shambles.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 23 Feb 2021 21:49

Simmops Joao OUT
Poorno OUT

Jesus wept Simps, some common ground.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 23 Feb 2021 21:49

CountryRoyal
genome up there with one of the most baffling managerial performances I've seen in quite a time

Agreed mate. I’m completely lost for words. There is no rational explanation that I can think of short of it being some weird “you’re in this together get yourselves out of it” kind of team building bollocks.

The defensive line up against bottom of the league
The keeping of Joao on penalties
The not making a sub for 79 minutes
Taking off one of your most creative players instead of a defender when you're 1-0 down and have a man advantage
Leaving 4 centre backs on the pitch for 84 minutes

What in the absolute, categorical, cinnamon toast fcuk was that Pauno

Franconian Royal

by Franconian Royal » 23 Feb 2021 21:50

Well that was poor.

João needs to be rested / not played. I don’t know why it took so long for the subs to come on.

Ref was poor, again. Knight should’ve been off first half. Rafael was filed for their goal.

At this rate I can’t see us getting anything from Rotherham on Saturday.

Ejaria and olise looked good, but don’t know why he took them both off.

Aluko did nothing, baldock and puscas likewise. We desperately need a plan B, but can’t see it happening at all.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 23 Feb 2021 21:50

Hound
Rax Have to say ref was appalling - but we really need to sort out another pen taker - also worrying that Puskas and Baldock made no impact at all - it's all a bit like Stam's second season - there doesn't seem to be a Plan B.

It’s no excuse but that refereeing performance was beyond a joke. Utterly clueless. Again how he came to 5 mins injury time is special

Not that’d it mattered if he gave us 20

Thought the ref was very fair.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 23 Feb 2021 21:50

Brain Traysers
CountryRoyal
Brain Traysers

We are in a playoff battle after years of being shite. Upsets happen - we were more dangerous in the first half than we have been in recent games. Whatever happens this will be our best finish since 16/17, and likely 2nd best since we got relegated so I'm struggling to be too angry,

We are crap at breaking down defensive teams, especially with this exhausted lot and nobody on the bench to change it - no 2nd half goals in 7 now? Once 1-0 down I didn't expect anything other than a loss.

We look good against teams that have a go - Brentford and Bournemouth being our two best recent performances.

I admire your outlook but today we had e chance. We score the pen, and if he hits the target we do, we win that as heads are up and Wycombe's down. Instead nothing.

Yes, whatever happens it's better than of late but the concern is, is this slide a return to par? If it continues and we slip away, what happens next. Better players go and we likely start again with a demoralised weakened squad and before we know it, next year is relegation battle time again.

I know I'm going OTT but this just feels bad and I can't see how we reverse course.

544 posts