Ian Royal.
14%

Total votes: 28
Zip
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Will Pauno start Joao on Monday.

by Zip » 03 Apr 2021 15:24

Stranded
Zip Same here. I don’t see what Semedo offers to the side. The game often passes him by. His passing is erratic.
We never seem to do well when he is on the pitch.

Best hope we don't go up then as we are contractually obliged to sign him for, I think 6m if promoted.

Blimey

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 03 Apr 2021 15:37

Zip
Snowflake Royal
Zip Same here. I don’t see what Semedo offers to the side. The game often passes him by. His passing is erratic.
We never seem to do well when he is on the pitch.

:roll:

He's played 34 games and we're 6th ffs. I think it says more about you and CR that you can't seen anything good in Semedo than anything about the player.

He's decent.

:roll: It’s called having an opinion Ian. Live with it.

He offers very little in the attacking midfield role, just don't get why he's chosen there so often

He's OK as a holding midfielder, fine as a backup there, but certainly wouldn't be paying £6m for someone as average as him

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 03 Apr 2021 15:41

RoyalBlue Despite the YouGov style bias in the survey wording, VP will start Joao on Monday because he is still a valuable member of the team and dropping him will completely destroy his confidence and pretty much ensure that we don't make the playoffs.

But dropping Puscas after one mediocre game (after two decent ones) isn't exactly a great confidence booster in itself, followed by subbing him on in games too late (if at all)

Joao has had a poor last 6 weeks or so, yet he looked at his best in that period playing up top with Puscas, it certainly needs a rethink because in our last 13 games, we've only scored more than once twice (against a pretty woeful Bristol side and 10 men Wednesday side). It isn't good enough for a team pushing for promotion

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 03 Apr 2021 15:42

URZZZZ
Zip
Snowflake Royal :roll:

He's played 34 games and we're 6th ffs. I think it says more about you and CR that you can't seen anything good in Semedo than anything about the player.

He's decent.

:roll: It’s called having an opinion Ian. Live with it.

He offers very little in the attacking midfield role, just don't get why he's chosen there so often

He's OK as a holding midfielder, fine as a backup there, but certainly wouldn't be paying £6m for someone as average as him

Agreed.
On a positive note both Gregory and Waghorn are out of Derby’s team on Monday.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 03 Apr 2021 15:58

Snowflake Royal
CountryRoyal
Snowflake Royal :roll:

He's decent.

Never said don’t see “anything good” in him. Just said I don’t want us to sign him.

His cons outweigh his pros for me and believe it or not Ian people are allowed a different opinion to you without it offending you.

Only reason I can see why you care so much about other’s views.

That's why you slag him off at every opportunity and wouldn't sign him in any league.

People are just as entitled to challenge and disagree with opinions as have them CR, they're not sacrosanct and nor should they be.

It’s just tedious when you constantly do it like you’re some opinion nazi. How do you have so much energy and time to find fault wherever you can find it. Ultimately this game is all about opinions and rightly or wrongly we are more often than not set in our ways, you are just as bad for that as anyone else.

If you’re honest with yourself you know you love a bit of one-up-manship, everyone is entitled to their opinions but yours are just right and everyone else is wrong.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 03 Apr 2021 16:22

Joao will start and Pauno will be hoping that with Swift’s return we can see a performance like we had up at Pride Park (appreciate it’s a different Derby side now).

On Semedo I’d rank him alongside Pelé. Can’t see us shelling out the kind of fee they will likely command for what in my eyes are mediocre players. He’s what I would describe as erratic or just inconsistent - likely far better options out there in the Rino, Laurent, Swift moulds of player to improve the side. Much better value for money.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 03 Apr 2021 18:07

URZZZZ
RoyalBlue Despite the YouGov style bias in the survey wording, VP will start Joao on Monday because he is still a valuable member of the team and dropping him will completely destroy his confidence and pretty much ensure that we don't make the playoffs.

But dropping Puscas after one mediocre game (after two decent ones) isn't exactly a great confidence booster in itself, followed by subbing him on in games too late (if at all)

Joao has had a poor last 6 weeks or so, yet he looked at his best in that period playing up top with Puscas, it certainly needs a rethink because in our last 13 games, we've only scored more than once twice (against a pretty woeful Bristol side and 10 men Wednesday side). It isn't good enough for a team pushing for promotion

100% agreed. It’s not just about Joao. Puscas must be thinking what’s he got to to start games when Joao is struggling so badly. Time for change. Joao can always be brought on from the bench.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 03 Apr 2021 18:22

Not sure whether he’ll start Joao tbh. I think he’d like to but guess he’ll have to judge by how he responds to the horrendous miss over the next few days

I wouldn’t be against Puscas starting instead of him for this game. Joao’s generally been brilliant this season but Puscas will be a bit fresher and desperate to make an impact. Joao is a pro footballer, dropping him for a game or two won’t destroy him etc, you just have to pick the team who you think is most likely to get the result. That might be Puscas > Joao on Monday

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 03 Apr 2021 18:25

Puscas will be gone in the summer. Free up money and wages for a player that Pauno wants. Going to be quite a clear out again.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 03 Apr 2021 20:04

Drop him for who? He needs to be given a chance to make amends for the miss or it'll ruin him. Coppell never used to drop players immediately after a mistake for that reason.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 03 Apr 2021 20:29

John Smith Drop him for who? He needs to be given a chance to make amends for the miss or it'll ruin him. Coppell never used to drop players immediately after a mistake for that reason.

If it was one miss you’d have a point.

The number of eye watering misses in the last 2 months plus the moody arm waving, sulking and and general lack of fight make it a no brainier.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 03 Apr 2021 20:47

Royal Rother
John Smith Drop him for who? He needs to be given a chance to make amends for the miss or it'll ruin him. Coppell never used to drop players immediately after a mistake for that reason.

If it was one miss you’d have a point.

The number of eye watering misses in the last 2 months plus the moody arm waving, sulking and and general lack of fight make it a no brainier.

Season is probably beginning to drag for the players. Who wants to play in empty stadiums? Motivation must become a struggle.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 03 Apr 2021 21:15

At the risk of making an omaficatory post I have to say this is the worst 'poll' in the history of HNA.

Not the question, which is reasonable, but the options you give, which are utterly one sided biased and ridiculous.

And your opinion (which I normally wouldn't knock as everyone's entitled to one) just adds insult to injury. so it's Ian Royal from me.

However clearly he must start, which is why he will. It's reactionary bedwetting in the extreme to blame the disappointment of the draw on his miss.

Strikers sometimes miss, get over it. We couldn't beat a team above us in the table away, get over it.

He might be low in confidence but he defines the way play, attracting huge defensive energy even if he doesn't score. Noone even comes close in our squad.

The only argument I can think of for dropping him to the bench is to keep him fit or rest him if he's tired.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 05 Apr 2021 11:02

Based on our knowledge of João, how do you think he would react to being dropped to the bench then being brought on (probably with 10 mins to go) versus starting him with the recent miss(es) still fresh in his mind.

Is he likely to want to make amends or will he overthink every shot causing even more misses?

The other alternative is for him not to be in the squad at all (due to an imaginary knock after a falling out when Pauno went ballistic after the match on Friday?)

biff

by biff » 05 Apr 2021 11:56

The last few times Puscas has played he held the ball up incredibly well. He must be wondering what on earth he has to do to get a go at the moment.

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 05 Apr 2021 12:16

Joao has to be dropped. He's had an excellent season, but maybe the rest will refocus and revitalise him. Maybe he struggles with the weight of expectation? Pauno needs to out an arm around him, let him know he's quality, but needs a little break, let the team take some burden.

Puscas much be chomping at the bite to get a start, and getting to the business end of the season it might prove useful to have 2 strikers match fit and confident.

We have the key ingredients for the success, we just need to piece it all together.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 05 Apr 2021 12:24

CountryRoyal
Snowflake Royal
CountryRoyal
Never said don’t see “anything good” in him. Just said I don’t want us to sign him.

His cons outweigh his pros for me and believe it or not Ian people are allowed a different opinion to you without it offending you.

Only reason I can see why you care so much about other’s views.

That's why you slag him off at every opportunity and wouldn't sign him in any league.

People are just as entitled to challenge and disagree with opinions as have them CR, they're not sacrosanct and nor should they be.

It’s just tedious when you constantly do it like you’re some opinion nazi. How do you have so much energy and time to find fault wherever you can find it. Ultimately this game is all about opinions and rightly or wrongly we are more often than not set in our ways, you are just as bad for that as anyone else.

If you’re honest with yourself you know you love a bit of one-up-manship, everyone is entitled to their opinions but yours are just right and everyone else is wrong.

Are you new round here?

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 05 Apr 2021 14:03

No.

exileinleeds
Hob Nob Addict

by exileinleeds » 05 Apr 2021 14:10

CountryRoyal Not whether or not he should, but if we he will. Clear to everyone Joao should be dropped he’s a waste of a shirt, but any money you want clueless Pauno starts him.

....and the team sheet says Pauno has....Puski plays.

All set up nicely for a Yak trick.