Where do we go from here 21/22 season?

262 posts
URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Where do we go from here 21/22 season?

by URZZZZ » 11 May 2021 00:39

tidus_mi2
Snowflake Royal How anyone can say Swift's original hamstring injury wasn't serious is baffling

It was 3 oxf*rd seasons ago, not all of us have a great memory and the fact he played in half the games suggests it wasn't nearly comparable to the one this season.

He had two injuries this season; one lasting approximately 3 months and the other 2 and a half

Throughout his time here, each time Swift looks at his peak and on form, he inevitably gets injured and then takes too long to get up to speed

Was on fire 2016, then spent most of 2017 and 2018 playing like a passenger. Regained his initial form in 2019, got injured and on the return from injury, he was pretty poor for the entirety of the second half of last season. Looked sharp again this season - got injured - the cycle carries on

Understandable that a player of his position picks up knocks and niggles but it’s too frequent for him. Given the constraints we currently have - would be best to move him on IMO (although that obviously assumes someone else wants him). It’s a shame as he clearly has some form of talent but it becomes difficult relying on someone like him. For comparison, Olise, who plays a similar role, has missed one game all season because of injury

Kneejerk? Perhaps not

fred sharpes nose

Re: Where do we go from here 21/22 season?

by fred sharpes nose » 11 May 2021 02:06

tidus_mi2
Snowflake Royal
tidus_mi2 Isn't this the first time he's had a serious injury? Bit kneejerk to say move him on, especially when his stock is probably at it's lowest.

First time? Are you having a laugh? This is his third injury hit season with us.

The guy had to relearn how to run after the first one back in about 2017

36, 24, 34, 41 and 9 league appearances since he signed for us.

So I think I'll stand by my first serious injury comment.

144 games played 5 seasons
86 games missed 5 seasons
63% presence for our "top player" is significant and seems a high injury rate.

Maybe Swifty has some internal weakness and not like Gunter who always seemed to avoid serious time out

I fear if he has another season with low minutes due to injury then that's probably curtains for him here and maybe his career in general

Big shame if that happened lets hope it doesn't - he should have 7 years in him at his age. Maybe the management will put him a role that keep him safe and he can shine risk free

262 posts