MATCHWATCH : Cardiff City (h)

336 posts
Doolittle

Re: MATCHWATCH : Cardiff City (h)

by Doolittle » 16 Apr 2021 20:28

Baldock's quality cross really showed what we've been missing. We get in so many great positions, and throw them away with a lack of composure when it really matters. Has been the same story for weeks and it's probably going to cost us, unfortunately.

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 16 Apr 2021 20:29

Haven’t seen it again,but was Meite s header going wide;with Gabbidon s MOM deflecting it in ? TBF a draw was probably fair,for all our pressure,we produced very little threat on goal.Very unlucky with the pen;50/50 decision and we have had a lot worse refs this season.One poor pass apart,I thought Tom Holmes had a pretty good game;certainly better than his skipper.Most players six and sevens in terms of performance;barring Joao who was poor again.Lift Yakou to a six because of the goal.Sadly Puskas and Alukho were poor and Swift looked very rusty,as you would expect.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 16 Apr 2021 20:35

leon
Stranded At least we aren't Derby eh?

Do you whistle a lot stranded?

Been speaking to Canadians a lot this week. It rubs off.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 16 Apr 2021 20:40

I think it was LUX who said three of Swansea, Bournemouth, Brentford and Barnsley are going to be very disappointed next month. I take a tad of comfort in that.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 16 Apr 2021 20:43

Westwood52 Haven’t seen it again,but was Meite s header going wide;with Gabbidon s MOM deflecting it in ?

No

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 16 Apr 2021 20:44

Zip I think it was LUX who said three of Swansea, Bournemouth, Brentford and Barnsley are going to be very disappointed next month. I take a tad of comfort in that.

I want Bournemouth to go up now just to make this season a complete waste of time for everyone.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 16 Apr 2021 20:45

Westwood52 Haven’t seen it again,but was Meite s header going wide;with Gabbidon s MOM deflecting it in ?

What was she doing out there?
Last edited by Orion1871 on 16 Apr 2021 20:46, edited 1 time in total.

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

by URZZZZZZZZ » 16 Apr 2021 20:45

Tough as it is to take, there is a certain inevitability that in the unlikely event we’d made the top six we have been pretty easily brushed aside. Not being in it gives a couple of extra weeks planning for next season.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 16 Apr 2021 20:46

I think we need to look at the lower leagues for next season with affordable wages and try to offload a few of our high earners. I doubt there are too many clubs that will take Moore for £35k a week.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 16 Apr 2021 20:48

Thought Tom Holmes was very good tonight on a brighter note against a very tough opponent in K Moore (who barely got a kick tbh)

He looks like he might become a very good player.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 16 Apr 2021 20:51

Hound Thought Tom Holmes was very good tonight on a brighter note against a very tough opponent in K Moore (who barely got a kick tbh)

Paunovic I think seems to get much more out of the younger players. Be nice to see if we have one or two more gems we can bring on.

Once upon a time .

by Once upon a time . » 16 Apr 2021 21:01

Well I’ve read all the previous comments, although quite a few of them don’t seem to have come from Reading supporters, or maybe they are just expressing their disappointment , ( but aren’t we all ) .
I thought after the usual slow first 15 minutes we played well , we got into more space , played through them better , and completely dominated the team that is one place below us , we outclassed them , and there have been a number of games against much lower teams when we haven’t done that . What we lacked was the ability to put the ball in the net , but hasn’t that been the case a lot recently .
I certainly came away from the game less frustrated than the many occasions where we have given points away to very poor teams .

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 16 Apr 2021 21:05

Hound Thought Tom Holmes was very good tonight on a brighter note against a very tough opponent in K Moore (who barely got a kick tbh)

Yep my MoTM. He and TMac could form a great centre back partnership for many years to come.

On the point about the summer we need to do better in the loan market. Not one of the loanees was good enough to making the starting 11 if we had close to a full squad to pick from.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 16 Apr 2021 21:09

Pepe the Horseman
Zip I think it was LUX who said three of Swansea, Bournemouth, Brentford and Barnsley are going to be very disappointed next month. I take a tad of comfort in that.

I want Bournemouth to go up now just to make this season a complete waste of time for everyone.

I want Barnsley to go up. Because

a) the other 3 will be massively disappointed

B) Barnsley will get an absolute fcuking seeing to in the premier league. They’re a dreadful side.

The only good outcome for this season that I can see.

Rax

by Rax » 16 Apr 2021 21:13

Zip

Yep my MoTM. He and TMac could form a great centre back partnership for many years to come.

On the point about the summer we need to do better in the loan market. Not one of the loanees was good enough to making the starting 11 if we had close to a full squad to pick from.

Good point - the only one I'd keep is Gibson, as a straight swap for Richards.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 16 Apr 2021 21:15

Rax
Zip

:shock:

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 16 Apr 2021 21:17

windermereROYAL
Rax
Zip

:shock:

I liked what Rax said.....until the Gibson bit.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 16 Apr 2021 21:23

Gibson is a decent player. Just not a LB. and we’re fine with the CBs we have

Still Richards hardly covered himself in glory tonight either

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 16 Apr 2021 21:24

leon
Pepe the Horseman

I want Barnsley to go up. Because

a) the other 3 will be massively disappointed

B) Barnsley will get an absolute fcuking seeing to in the premier league. They’re a dreadful side.

The only good outcome for this season that I can see.

Yeh, true. It would be nice seeing them beat Brentford in the final.

PremAddict
Hob Nob Regular

by PremAddict » 16 Apr 2021 21:29

URZZZZZZZZ Tough as it is to take, there is a certain inevitability that in the unlikely event we’d made the top six we have been pretty easily brushed aside. Not being in it gives a couple of extra weeks planning for next season.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This

We need more time to figure this out - extending this season by a few weeks will not help us. We're just not good enough at this stage of the season. The first 45 just showed that this team needs a big boot up their collective arses.

336 posts