Re: Pauno out

by Jagermesiter1871 » 23 Nov 2021 23:19

Bed wetters.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Nov 2021 23:22

Headline from Pauno's interview...

"We lacked freshness." 4 days after the International break finishes, says manager who refuses to use his subs.

Just oxf*rd off you clown.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 23 Nov 2021 23:24

I love* how football gets grown men shouting 'just fcuk off' at other grown men, like a scene out of The Inbetweeners.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Nov 2021 23:25

Sanguine I love* how football gets grown men shouting 'just fcuk off' at other grown men, like a scene out of The Inbetweeners.

Sighed. Very definitely sighed.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 23 Nov 2021 23:45

Sanguine I would agree, in spite of our insipid performance, that Sheffield United played a very negative game. Often nine men behind the ball and all within 15 yards of it. Didn't make for much of a watch.

As opposed to Pauno setting us up with 9 men behind the ball with no wide players and inviting pressure from the first whistle :lol:

HNA, the gift that keeps giving

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 24 Nov 2021 00:14

ACON is around the corner too. Bet Yids and Rahman can’t wait to get on the plane.

It’s ok though cause Pauno has already settled other players in FB roles hasn’t he. Hasn’t he?

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 24 Nov 2021 00:46

We could be triple relegated, have the club folded, and have Paunovic violate our other halve’s with the unpleasant end of a pineapple, and some would still shout bedwetters, for expressing even mild dissatisfaction at the situation.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 24 Nov 2021 01:01

Snowflake Royal Headline from Pauno's interview...

"We lacked freshness." 4 days after the International break finishes, says manager who refuses to use his subs.

Just oxf*rd off you clown.

It’s risible and a feeble excuse.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 24 Nov 2021 01:21

Sanguine I would agree, in spite of our insipid performance, that Sheffield United played a very negative game. Often nine men behind the ball and all within 15 yards of it. Didn't make for much of a watch.

In which case you’d expect management to duly note that, and create an alternative plan. Nope. We continue the slow, lethargic pointless passes through the centre each time, only to get crowded out and lose the ball

Too many flakey attacking midfielders in this side. There’s no pace anywhere

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 24 Nov 2021 09:48

URZZZZ

In which case you’d expect management to duly note that, and create an alternative plan. Nope. We continue the slow, lethargic pointless passes through the centre each time, only to get crowded out and lose the ball

Too many flakey attacking midfielders in this side. There’s no pace anywhere

said elsewhere, with Carroll and Puscas there we really need to change. We do have players who can play out wide, and to me the best chance of success would be to get the ball out wide and fizz crosses in (and play for set pieces)

Not sure if Hoilett is near fit, but I'd think of having him and AH or Azeez out wide. Swift+1 in the middle.

Tired of this crowd the midfield thing. Only Swift has the ability to play it properly. TDB loses the ball constantly, DD/Laurent don't seem to have a defined role and get in each others way, and Ejaria needs to have a break and remember what he is good at doing - seems to have lost all confidence and has turned into no more than an average workhorse midfielder

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 24 Nov 2021 10:54

How are you going to get decent wing play without wingers?#

We're resorting to using Yids as a right winger.

With the FFP we're screwed and likely can't make massive changes to our setup so best to use what we have.

And fair play to Pauno he got a striker in when we needed one, and is using what we have creatively to deliver balls in the box.

I'd hate to enter any laundries in Reading this morning. Probably a huge queue.

Donny Ironside
Hob Nob Regular

by Donny Ironside » 24 Nov 2021 11:20

Millsy How are you going to get decent wing play without wingers?#

With the FFP we're screwed and likely can't make massive changes to our setup so best to use what we have.

And fair play to Pauno he got a striker in when we needed one, and is using what we have creatively to deliver balls in the box.

anti semite!

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 24 Nov 2021 11:20

Why not sign a winger in the first place instead of dicking around playing a full back in a role where he needs to cross the ball but is hopeless at it.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 24 Nov 2021 11:26

Donny Ironside

anti semite!

Yeah absolutely. Jewish people should not be played as wingers! Damn them! :) :P

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 24 Nov 2021 11:30

Zip

Why not sign a winger in the first place instead of dicking around playing a full back in a role where he needs to cross the ball but is hopeless at it.

Oh yeah don't get me started on that. I've been harping on about since Stam. All this "general use midfielder" is bullshit does my head in, but it could just be because I'm oldskool. I know the modern game is different.

But we are where we are at the moment. Pauno has inherited a side with no wingers and hasn't really had the option of making massive changes, just plugging holes left for him. And he certainly can't do that now can he, unless we want to lose another 6 points so his hands are tied.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 24 Nov 2021 11:37

Zip

Hoilett's a winger isn't he?

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 24 Nov 2021 11:52

Zip

Because the club don’t tend to sign wingers

Do feel the last few years have highlighted the importance of McCleary and Beerens’ role in Stam’s team who weren’t really fully appreciated at the time. The style of play hasn’t changed drastically since then but the only difference nowadays is how narrow we play compared to when we played with wingers

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 24 Nov 2021 12:36

Crossing isn’t that hard, and plenty of players can do it.

I refuse to accept our Championship standard professional players are incapable of crossing a ball accurately to the middle of the 6 yard box and are accidentally over or under hitting everything by 15 yards.

They just need to be coached into the right pattern of play and put into the right shape with the right instructions.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 24 Nov 2021 14:26

Millsy
Zip
Millsy Pauno has inherited a side with no wingers and hasn't really had the option of making massive changes,

Have to wonder if the lack of knowledge of English football and a decent scouting network is a hindrance. Bowen found Laurent. Pauno has relied on "names" and players with a pedigree background. More in hope of them coming good than a coherent strategy.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 24 Nov 2021 14:54

Hound
Zip

Hoilett's a winger isn't he?

He is but he isn’t played there!!

3542 posts