Pauno out

3542 posts
Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Pauno out

by Stranded » 15 Jan 2022 06:10

As I've said multiple times, the worst position is that the club just keep VP til the end of the season as it essentially freezes all planning.

Who will want to sign a new deal not knowing who will be in, in 6 months time?

How do we plan new signings when VP is 25% of the group that does that?

IMHO you fire him or give him a deal. This is a pointless middle ground but if it is the case then the and the team need support to try and get us over the line.

Anyone know how Mason looked in the u23s?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 15 Jan 2022 06:15

SCIAG
PremAddict I'd like to see him have the support he deserves - I can't imagine a more-seasoned manager having better success and anyone else with a pedigree would never come here or would have probably jumped ship due to all the financial issues and injury woes.

That said, there is something wrong when a side ships 5 goals in one half even if it is Fulham.

The thing that angers me most is FFP. I think we're all seeing a completely unworkable set of regulations in a league that favors spending over profitability. Better to institute a salary cap than to force clubs to operate on some abstract set of "profitability and sustainability" guidelines when there is such a huge disparity in the league due to parachute payments, etc.

Issue with salary caps is that what is "affordable" varies significantly from club to club. Clubs with large attendances and high commercial income can reasonably afford quite a lot more than those without that. A recently relegated Newcastle, for example, would not be putting their future at risk by paying wages that would bankrupt a recently-promoted Shrewsbury. That said, it would completely discourage the ridiculous "promotion speculation" thing that clubs like ourselves have engaged in.

I would like it to become mandatory that all players at top-flight clubs automatically have their wages cut by X% (perhaps 50%) upon relegation. You could put in a minimum floor to protect recent academy graduates. That would reduce the need for parachute payments

Quite agree, it should be a regulation of every league competition in every country that players in a relegated team should have their wages cut by x% on relegation of the team for which they play. This should apply throughout all the divisions not just the top level.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 15 Jan 2022 06:20

Stranded As I've said multiple times, the worst position is that the club just keep VP til the end of the season as it essentially freezes all planning.

IMHO you fire him or give him a deal. This is a pointless middle ground but if it is the case then the and the team need support to try and get us over the line.

One would hope the club would spend the next 3/4 months researching and talking to people in the game and identifying the very best possible replacement they can to come in immediately at seasons end to take up the reins. Not wait until May and start looking to appoint the next cheap unknown option from the continent.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 15 Jan 2022 11:55

I think it’s baffling that we’ve suffered 2 of our worst ever results in the space of a few days, and there has been absolutely no acknowledgement from the manager or the club.

Anyone that thinks Pauno “deserves” more time or our support needs their heads shaking. He’s a greasy arrogant stubborn prick who doesn’t have the decency to apologise to the fans for being responsible for the shit show.

He’s not responsible for PR but you would have thought anyone with literally any modicum of integrity would try and instigate some form of acknowledgment and responsibility.

He’s a vvanker. Simple.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 15 Jan 2022 12:07

Stranded As I've said multiple times, the worst position is that the club just keep VP til the end of the season as it essentially freezes all planning.

Pretty ordinary in my opinion

The Green Programme

by The Green Programme » 15 Jan 2022 12:37

Notts Royal
genome League 1 might be a good laugh

League 2 will be even better the following year

We’re doing a Bolton/Pompey aren’t we

Let’s just hope it’s not a ‘Luton’ …..

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 15 Jan 2022 12:43

Royals and Racers
Stranded Anyone know how Mason looked in the u23s?

Is this Mason the ex Coventry triallist Brandon Mason?

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 15 Jan 2022 12:48

Sutekh
Royals and Racers
Stranded Anyone know how Mason looked in the u23s?

Is this Mason the ex Coventry triallist Brandon Mason?

Yep

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Jan 2022 13:07

Hound Who’d we be left with under contract?

Ejaria, Moore, Puscas, Southwood, McIntyre, Joao, Meite I believe

That and otherwise a clean slate actually ain’t a bad starting point. Pretty sure there’d be plenty happy to take over with that

You could equally take a glass half empty take, that more than half of them are basically almost all our remaining high earners (bar Cabral and Swift).

Moore has been poor for more than a year
Ejaria doesn't score or assist enough
Puscas adds nothing
McIntyre has a terrible injury record
Joao has barely scored in a year at this point
Meite is a bit of a bull in a china shop and has a growing injury record, plus could not fully recover.

There's not many of them I'd actually include in a who I'd choose to be in my squad reset to be honest. Although there is bags of talent and potential quality to tap there.

If you could choose any 8 players you'd want to rebuild from (including financially), and be confident in, who would it be? For me....
Southwood (ding!), Holmes, McIntyre (ding!), Rinomhota, Laurent, Meite... and er.... I don't really have anyone else. :cry:

Ruling out Swift for cost. Joao for cost and form... you all know why Ejaria and Moore. Morrison is getting long in the tooth, Dann and Drinkwater don't impress me.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Jan 2022 13:12

CountryRoyal
Mid Sussex Royal Right - time to give the guy a chance and get behind the club. He's realistically had no chance in 18 months.

What revisionary, delusional BS is this? :lol:

We were literally in the playoffs for like 90% of last season until he kept oxf*rd it.

And I don’t even think all the injuries are necessarily bad luck, more shit training.

Do I think it's all his fault? No of course not.

Do I look at what he's done and see a man doing a good job and the best he can in impossible circumstances? No, I see a guy making plenty of mistakes and contributing to the bad situation he finds himself in.

I don't know him. He's not my mate. I have no idea whether he's nice or not, and I couldn't give a shiny shit either way. He's here to do a good job, and he's not. Thanks, but a nice crap manager isn't my idea of a good idea.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 15 Jan 2022 17:13

Bump. What’s that now 2 wins in 13? Or something like that. How he’s still here is beyond me. Any other club in the country would have sacked him by now.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 15 Jan 2022 17:17

Luckiest manager in British football. Literally stealing a living.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 15 Jan 2022 17:18

The worst part is that it's not even a surprise we lost, despite being 1 up with 6 mins to go. Boro's equaliser was a shoulder shrug. Their winner was a raised eyebrow.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Jan 2022 17:19

Yep, at this point it was simply another tick in the lost points late on column.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 15 Jan 2022 17:19

The only reason he has a job is because we can't afford to sack hi.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 15 Jan 2022 17:19

Pepe the Horseman The worst part is that it's not even a surprise we lost, despite being 1 up with 6 mins to go. Boro's equaliser was a shoulder shrug. Their winner was a raised eyebrow.

I was surprised it took them as long as it did to equalise, but it was almost certain, and once they did, their winner was an absolute certainty.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 15 Jan 2022 17:20

Yep pretty much

Win would have been massive, a draw excellent. Thrown away at the end again.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 15 Jan 2022 17:20

You know we will full well go down with 1 point and it will be because of a game we lost like this

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 15 Jan 2022 17:24

Think we are going to go down by more than a point

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re:

by Millsy » 15 Jan 2022 17:24

CountryRoyal
Mid Sussex Royal Right - time to give the guy a chance and get behind the club. He's realistically had no chance in 18 months.

What revisionary, delusional BS is this? :lol:

We were literally in the playoffs for like 90% of last season until he kept oxf*rd it.

And I don’t even think all the injuries are necessarily bad luck, more shit training.

He totally cocked up last season. 7pts clear of 2nd place to 7pts off the playoffs through persistent ridiculous decisions and no plan b. 7pts clear of 2nd is the best chance any manager can hope for.

Some of us did stick up for him fiercely in the last few weeks but there can only be so much good will.

This isn't just a reaction to this season, it's taking into account all his time.
Last edited by Millsy on 15 Jan 2022 17:25, edited 1 time in total.

3542 posts