Pauno out

3542 posts
Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Pauno out

by Jackson Corner » 25 Nov 2021 12:26

After our annual loss to Swansea on Saturday, we will be in the bottom three, people keep saying our squad is too good to go down. Clearly those people didn’t watch the game on Tuesday. The managers excuse for this inept performance was fatigue yes two home games in four days left us exhausted. And yet our opponents Sheffield United with two away Games on the bounce the faster pressed much better and the good value for the one nil win.

We looked every inch A team Bound for division one regardless of a points deduction.

Donny Ironside
Hob Nob Regular

by Donny Ironside » 25 Nov 2021 12:31

Pauno and club1871 need to go in order to save our club

could we go into administration?

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 25 Nov 2021 12:32

Hound
CountryRoyal It was unforgivable then but everyone lapped it up because “7th was still the best we’ve finished in ages”. Now people are starting to see what we saw, it’s just a dying shame we’ve had to waste an entire season to get there - not to mention it could still get worse.

I don't think its a case of 'i told you so' here - 7th last season was still a fine achievement,

It absolutely is a case of "I told you so". Not that HNA ever admits when it gets it wrong.

I think we were 2 of only 3 or so making this point. Interesting how the whole of HNA is now seeing the light but were ganging up on us last season. 7th is NOT a fine achievement if you're 7 points clear of 2nd place and end up 7points adrift of playoffs. It's a monumental cockup. It'd be fine if it was consistent form throughout the season, but there was something massively wrong for the mid/end of the season. Tired of making this point over and over to be honest! We could see the signs last season, most of which was just shite barring the honeymoon period and we're seeing the same signs now.

BUT where the likes of countryroyal and I now differ is that for THIS SEASON while those flaws are still there and we saw them and moaned about them - against the grain - last season, I think there has been some progress in Pauno's thinking and our passages of good play are still evident from time to time AND I for one really enjoy watching us play. I add to that the form of THIS SEASON this far with all the mitigations etc and think he deserves a chance. I'm not saying he's great - we saw the signs and can absolutely gloat about them now that everyone has jumped on the bandwagon - but I think there's enough there to defend the chap for now.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 25 Nov 2021 12:35

CountryRoyal How many more games do we think he WILL get. Not how many you want him to have.

2? 3? 10? Until the end of the season? Ad infinitum and will have a statue erected outside the ground celebrating his boring play style and shit substitutions?

Max 5 unless he gets at least 6 points from them

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 25 Nov 2021 12:37

Pepe the Horseman
Millsy Funny how the anger directed at Pauno has taken a quantum leap up as our points deduction has come in, like he's at fault for that.

It's got fcuk all to do with the points deduction and everything to do with the continuous shambolic team selection and performances. People have been more patient with him due to injuries and lack of options, but Tuesday was the strongest squad we've had possibly all season, and it was the worst performance.

Yeah, it's funny how it comes after the worst performance of the season, seven games into a run of really poor form.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 25 Nov 2021 12:38

paultheroyal Neil Warnock
Chris Hughton
Tony Pulis
Mick Mccarthy

In the trenches managers, take any of them?

Or are we poaching, Gareth Ainsworth, Phil Parkinson, Karl Robinson

Or some random from eastern european?

All of them would be a step up in quality qnd experience of most of our appointments for the last 5 years.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 25 Nov 2021 12:43

Snowflake Royal
paultheroyal Neil Warnock
Chris Hughton
Tony Pulis
Mick Mccarthy

In the trenches managers, take any of them?

Or are we poaching, Gareth Ainsworth, Phil Parkinson, Karl Robinson

Or some random from eastern european?

All of them would be a step up in quality qnd experience of most of our appointments for the last 5 years.

I would be in favour of Warnock until the summer then Ainsworth should he be affordable in terms of his compensation. Ainsworth is local and has a lot of experience in working under tight budgetary constraints.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 25 Nov 2021 12:44

There'd be something poetic about Warnock getting Reading promoted in his final job.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 25 Nov 2021 13:00

Millsy
Hound
CountryRoyal It was unforgivable then but everyone lapped it up because “7th was still the best we’ve finished in ages”. Now people are starting to see what we saw, it’s just a dying shame we’ve had to waste an entire season to get there - not to mention it could still get worse.

I don't think its a case of 'i told you so' here - 7th last season was still a fine achievement,

It absolutely is a case of "I told you so". Not that HNA ever admits when it gets it wrong.

I think we were 2 of only 3 or so making this point. Interesting how the whole of HNA is now seeing the light but were ganging up on us last season. 7th is NOT a fine achievement if you're 7 points clear of 2nd place and end up 7points adrift of playoffs. It's a monumental cockup. It'd be fine if it was consistent form throughout the season, but there was something massively wrong for the mid/end of the season. Tired of making this point over and over to be honest! We could see the signs last season, most of which was just shite barring the honeymoon period and we're seeing the same signs now.

BUT where the likes of countryroyal and I now differ is that for THIS SEASON while those flaws are still there and we saw them and moaned about them - against the grain - last season, I think there has been some progress in Pauno's thinking and our passages of good play are still evident from time to time AND I for one really enjoy watching us play. I add to that the form of THIS SEASON this far with all the mitigations etc and think he deserves a chance. I'm not saying he's great - we saw the signs and can absolutely gloat about them now that everyone has jumped on the bandwagon - but I think there's enough there to defend the chap for now.

just to get it clear - you think he should have been sacked when we were 7th, but now we are 20th he should be given more time?

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 25 Nov 2021 13:09

I'm leaning towards Pauno out right now, we need at least a better performance against Swansea that's for sure but with our current form Hull has become a must win, if we don't then his position really needs to be under question.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 25 Nov 2021 13:12

tidus_mi2 I'm leaning towards Pauno out right now, we need at least a better performance against Swansea that's for sure but with our current form Hull has become a must win, if we don't then his position really needs to be under question.

If we don't win against Hull at home then he needs to be more than under question, he needs to resign on the pitch when the full time whistle blows.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 25 Nov 2021 13:19

Hound
Millsy
Hound

just to get it clear - you think he should have been sacked when we were 7th, but now we are 20th he should be given more time?

No! Couldn't sack him finishing 7th. I was still Pauno in because of those 7 games even though since then all we saw was shite. So I argued for very low threshold to get rid early on this season.

I won't dignify the "now we are 20th" bit with a response.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 25 Nov 2021 13:20

Who knew that in order to stop Millsy from posting you just had to mention Reading are in 20th place?

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 25 Nov 2021 13:23

NathStPaul Who knew that in order to stop Millsy from posting you just had to mention Reading are in 20th place?

Yeah that really stopped me posting didn't it.

Just don't need to regurgitate what I've explained elsewhere at length, and am trusting people aren't total f*cktards and are aware of the 6 point deduction so to say 20th is just a pcuntish troll and nothing more.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 25 Nov 2021 13:25

Millsy
NathStPaul Who knew that in order to stop Millsy from posting you just had to mention Reading are in 20th place?

Just don't need to regurgitate what I've explained elsewhere at length, and am trusting people aren't total f*cktards and are aware of the 6 point deduction so to say 20th is just a pcuntish troll and nothing more.

Always good to have a sense of humour, eh?

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 25 Nov 2021 13:26

NathStPaul
Millsy

Sorry mate, shit day.

I work with total oxf*rd pcunts who are being particularly ridiculous today.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 25 Nov 2021 13:26

Millsy
Hound
Millsy

No! Couldn't sack him finishing 7th. I was still Pauno in because of those 7 games even though since then all we saw was shite. So I argued for very low threshold to get rid early on this season.

I won't dignify the "now we are 20th" bit with a response.

Is that because we are, in fact, 21st?

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 25 Nov 2021 13:26

Millsy
NathStPaul
Millsy

Sorry mate, shit day.

Had no idea you worked with Ian.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 25 Nov 2021 13:27

NathStPaul
Millsy

um, just checked the table and we are actually 21st. We would be 19th without the points deduction.

So if I rephrase will I not be a pcuntish troll?

You want to give him more time now we are 19th? (without a points deduction)

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 25 Nov 2021 13:28

NathStPaul
Millsy
NathStPaul Always good to have a sense of humour, eh?

Sorry mate, shit day.

Had no idea you worked with Ian.

:lol:

Sorry Ian, not laughing at you, just the humour. Trying to prove I still have some in me today.

3542 posts