Pauno out

3542 posts
Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Pauno out

by Ascotexgunner » 01 Aug 2021 21:37

Feel incredibly sorry for Paunovic. He has taken on a club that has had its hands tied financially. Not a lot he can do. Great first season and was unlucky with injuries. Clueless Clement and Gormless Gomes had money and financial backing.....Paunovic has had neither. Hope we stick with him even if we get a bad start. He deserves time and his work with the youngsters clearly is important this season. Can't think of anyone better that's available to do his job.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 01 Aug 2021 21:47

Brogue
Elm Park Kid I generally don't agree with firing managers unless things are absolutely dire - but even so it would be prime 'dickhead fan' to call for Pauno to go, regardless of results. If we somehow end up in a relegation fight then that will be a consequence of a weak squad, not the manager.

Apart from the near relegation form from christmas onwards last season :roll: he’s lucky the clubs oxf*rd as he will have an excuse this season. He absolutely failed in the second half of the season after the honeymoon period ended. Poor team choices, poor tactics, and poor substitutions. 9 points from our last 10 games with only 1 win against teams in and around the bottom of the table for the most part. He’s a fraud.

Chris wilder being linked with Swansea, who are equally financially oxf*rd and selling off their assets, hence the ugly pcunt cooper leaving them. He would have been a shrewd bit of business. Alas we are stuck with this goon.

Chris Wilder?.....what the bloke that spent 50 mill of the blades money on utter shi*e and then finished with a measly and embarrassing 15 points, leaving a team that look more than capable f bombing out of the Championship as well?
No thanks.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 01 Aug 2021 22:05

Ascotexgunner
Brogue
Elm Park Kid I generally don't agree with firing managers unless things are absolutely dire - but even so it would be prime 'dickhead fan' to call for Pauno to go, regardless of results. If we somehow end up in a relegation fight then that will be a consequence of a weak squad, not the manager.

Apart from the near relegation form from christmas onwards last season :roll: he’s lucky the clubs oxf*rd as he will have an excuse this season. He absolutely failed in the second half of the season after the honeymoon period ended. Poor team choices, poor tactics, and poor substitutions. 9 points from our last 10 games with only 1 win against teams in and around the bottom of the table for the most part. He’s a fraud.

Chris wilder being linked with Swansea, who are equally financially oxf*rd and selling off their assets, hence the ugly pcunt cooper leaving them. He would have been a shrewd bit of business. Alas we are stuck with this goon.

Chris Wilder?.....what the bloke that spent 50 mill of the blades money on utter shi*e and then finished with a measly and embarrassing 15 points, leaving a team that look more than capable f bombing out of the Championship as well?
No thanks.

:| to anyone who would rather pauno to wilder. And ftr 50 mill buys you f all these days. Wilder is a proven manager in the efl, pauno failed in the mls and is failing here. As I say I want nothing more than to eat my words and him to prove the neysayers wrong. He won’t though.
Last edited by Brogue on 01 Aug 2021 22:07, edited 1 time in total.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 01 Aug 2021 22:06

Ascotexgunner Feel incredibly sorry for Paunovic. He has taken on a club that has had its hands tied financially. Not a lot he can do. Great first season and was unlucky with injuries. Clueless Clement and Gormless Gomes had money and financial backing.....Paunovic has had neither. Hope we stick with him even if we get a bad start. He deserves time and his work with the youngsters clearly is important this season. Can't think of anyone better that's available to do his job.

What banking did Bowen get? Yet you wanted him sacked.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 01 Aug 2021 22:09

Brogue
Ascotexgunner
Brogue

No thanks.

:| to anyone who would rather pauno to wilder. And ftr 50 mill buys you f all these days. Wilder is a proven manager in the efl, pauno failed in the mls and is failing here. As I say I want nothing more than to eat my words and him to prove the neysayers wrong. He won’t though.
managed a World Cup winning team of no-marks :lol:

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 01 Aug 2021 22:14

AthleticoSpizz
Brogue
Ascotexgunner
No thanks.

managed a World Cup winning team of no-marks :lol:

Yes, managing kids in a one off kids tournament is rather different to managing adult football over 46 games. No denying that was a terrific achievement, but not really relevant when trying to justify the mans ability in club management. Didn’t the mls team he managed have the biggest budget in the whole of the mls too? He spent bucks there and failed. Their fans were chuffed he left, and cited his failing as the aforementioned ones in my earlier post. .

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 01 Aug 2021 22:20

Yin and Yang

Think it was a little more than just a “kids game” tbf

My Serbian colleagues rate him

I rate him

The yank game is virtually a ‘friendly‘ every game....their womens’ leagues are a more serious business.

We all have our opinions Wodderz, I respect yours, but we all hope you are wrong....what’ll be your forfeit?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Aug 2021 22:21

Brogue

Is this the relegation form you told us about at the time that showed you can't work out numbers because it wasn't remotely relegation form?

Like when you said we would lose all the last three games?

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 01 Aug 2021 22:26

Ascotexgunner Feel incredibly sorry for Paunovic. He has taken on a club that has had its hands tied financially. Not a lot he can do. Great first season and was unlucky with injuries. Clueless Clement and Gormless Gomes had money and financial backing.....Paunovic has had neither. Hope we stick with him even if we get a bad start. He deserves time and his work with the youngsters clearly is important this season. Can't think of anyone better that's available to do his job.

Even if the results go badly. Is the manager to blame? I'd say not. The club is crying out for a period of stability. Surprised that no DOF has been appointed yet. Paunovic doesn't have the knowledge, experience, personal contacts to carry the weight of expectation that's being placed on him.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 01 Aug 2021 22:32

Snowflake Royal
Brogue

Is this the relegation form you told us about at the time that showed you can't work out numbers because it wasn't remotely relegation form?

Like when you said we would lose all the last three games?

Happy to help

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 01 Aug 2021 22:34

AthleticoSpizz Yin and Yang

Think it was a little more than just a “kids game” tbf

My Serbian colleagues rate him

I rate him

The yank game is virtually a ‘friendly‘ every game....their womens’ leagues are a more serious business.

We all have our opinions Wodderz, I respect yours, but we all hope you are wrong....what’ll be your forfeit?

I will suck Ian off ?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 01 Aug 2021 22:46

Ian says...”deal”

:lol:

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 01 Aug 2021 22:47

:lol:

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Aug 2021 23:24

If I wanted to get blown by a fat prick, I wouldn't need to travel to Woodley for it.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 01 Aug 2021 23:28

.....you must admit, you hope Pauno does well tho’ it’ll be worth it.

:wink:

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 01 Aug 2021 23:42

Snowflake Royal If I wanted to get blown by a fat prick, I wouldn't need to travel to Woodley for it.

Oh, you’ve got loads of fat blokes queuing at your door in Cambridge ready to nosh you off? In that case you crack on :?

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 02 Aug 2021 08:46

Brogue
Snowflake Royal If I wanted to get blown by a fat prick, I wouldn't need to travel to Woodley for it.

Oh, you’ve got loads of fat blokes queuing at your door in Cambridge ready to nosh you off? In that case you crack on :?

:lol: this took an interesting turn

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 02 Aug 2021 08:48

And you had a pop at me the other day for apparently reverting to type...... Wow.

You need a bit of a break from this place, trust me it will do you good. You're snapping at everyone at the moment, even the mild mannered Zip. Just chill out, take a few days off.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 02 Aug 2021 09:01

Lower West

Even if the results go badly. Is the manager to blame? I'd say not. The club is crying out for a period of stability. Surprised that no DOF has been appointed yet. Paunovic doesn't have the knowledge, experience, personal contacts to carry the weight of expectation that's being placed on him.

Thought it had been announced that the club was now operating a football board that included VP, Gilkes and a couple of others I can't recall who - there won't be a DoF coming in any time soon - rightly or wrongly.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 02 Aug 2021 09:23

Anyone who thinks we should be considering to replace our manager a week before the season starts is a headcase. A ball hasn't been kicked yet. Dry your pants out. It would be very nice to go more than a season before people start wanting to get a new manager.
Anyway, for perspective - We have no money so cant pay off current manager - have no money to attract a new 'proven' manager. Have no money to back new manager.
So lets play out people wet dreams then. We we sack Pauno, use what ever little cash we have to pay him off.
We then appoint a has been washed up dinosaur / young inexperienced manager because thats all we can afford. The new manager will have to work with the paper thin squad with no new replacements, because we used the cash to pay off old manager.
All the players are unsettled as its the start of the season and they have an old dinosaur / clueless young new manger leading them.

3542 posts