Hob Nob Legend

Re: Pauno out

by AthleticoSpizz » 22 Jan 2022 19:11

He's in for the season….get with it.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 22 Jan 2022 19:31

Didn’t go today didn’t listen in the wireless either. Decided a invite to the pub for a lunch and natter with some friends was a more attractive offer. Seen the result, better than expected tbh. Can I have a brief synopsis? We’re we better today? Score line suggests so, started with two up top, no? which is positive. Pauno to blame today? Or just betean by a better side? Did we show we were trying today?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 22 Jan 2022 19:39

All the above Wooderz

We ran out of steam and the subs came 10 minutes too late is all you need to know

Oh, and Drinkwater is an oxygen thief in and around these parts of Reading…thank fukk he’s not our wage bill liability (even if he is ‘ours’ on the pitch….drop)

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 22 Jan 2022 20:22

We were fairly good at times in a bit of a manic way in the first 55m or so. Joao looked class, Puscas came alive and you could actually see where the goals can come from. Which is a huge plus in itself

But ran out of steam very early - possibly heads went down a bit. Created little after the hour and Hudders played the game out comfortably

Pauno - changed the system which was good. Did little to change the game after ht though- ridiculously late subs, still knocking about the back slowly in the 90th min at 4-3 down. At least kept Puscas on. Overall not good enough though

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Jan 2022 20:27

Yes. Started with 3-5-2.

It was a defensive omnishambles, but ok going forward.

Switched to 4-4-2 diamond after a bunch of goals and we looked better.

Terrible substitutions.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 22 Jan 2022 21:38

The diamond has potential, I think it's a case of swapping the likes of Drinkwater with Dele-Bashiru based on today ahead of next week and I dare say maybe even bringing in an experienced goalkeeper, even on a 6month loan deal.

I like Southwood, I think he will progress but he seems to be making errors game after game and it's costing us and maybe 6 months just to put some extra work in on the training field and listening to an experienced head in goal will help us massively. We saw with Martinez just how crucial that could be.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 22 Jan 2022 22:37

Pauno out

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 22 Jan 2022 22:58

YorkshireRoyal99 The diamond has potential,

A rerun of the Brendan Rodgers experiment that was totally unsuitable for the personnel available. Left huge amounts of space for the opposition to play in.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 22 Jan 2022 23:18

Brogue Didn’t go today didn’t listen in the wireless either. Decided a invite to the pub for a lunch and natter with some friends was a more attractive offer. Seen the result, better than expected tbh. Can I have a brief synopsis? We’re we better today? Score line suggests so, started with two up top, no? which is positive. Pauno to blame today? Or just betean by a better side? Did we show we were trying today?

The first 25 minutes was a bit scary with both defenses in real trouble. Huddersfield looked like they would score with every attack. Joao showed some lovely touches in the first half but was anonymous in the second. Puscas played well. A lovely lay off for Rahman in the build up to the goal and a good run and finish for his goal. He also worked hard to close down the opposition. Joao didn’t.

Drinkwater had a dreadful first half. He was beaten so easily. Swift made little effort on the defensive side of his game. At one point Yids flung his arms out at Swift for not attempting a tackle. Drinkwater improved after the break.

Holmes was poor for the fourth and thereafter the game quietened down as we huffed and puffed.
A word on Rino. He worked his heart out. At one point he chased a lost cause but forced the keeper into a hurried clearance. From the resulting throw we won a corner from which we scored. We desperately need his energy.

Yids was Yids. Some decent runs forward followed by a dreadful cross. I really hope no one can seriously argue this guy can cross because he can’t.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 22 Jan 2022 23:20

Morrison is a decent defender but dear God watching him take an age to control the ball before knocking it back to the keeper with just minutes left was very frustrating. Too often he passed back when we badly needed momentum.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 22 Jan 2022 23:25

You all moan about wanting him gone - apart from a weak banner or two, where was any whimper of dissatisfaction at the game today?

Embarrassing.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Jan 2022 23:28

Lower West
YorkshireRoyal99 The diamond has potential,

A rerun of the Brendan Rodgers experiment that was totally unsuitable for the personnel available. Left huge amounts of space for the opposition to play in.

It was a lot better than the three at the back shambles. Or the one upfront shambles.

Once Hoilett is fully fit and with Hal coming back we could potentially play a conventional 4-4-2 with proper wingers. But not really with what we had today.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 22 Jan 2022 23:29

…and you were there Millsy?….with your keyboard being shaken in anger with rage profusely.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 22 Jan 2022 23:38

AthleticoSpizz …and you were there Millsy?….with your keyboard being shaken in anger with rage profusely.

I wasn't.

And even if I was, I'm not a teen/20s lad anymore, I'm a professional so it would be unbecoming. I'd just boo very loudly at the end of the game and maybe chant Pauno Out a couple of times at most.

My ire is directed at those who can and do make noise, hence my bitter comments on the 1871 thread elsewhere.

This isn't the Reading I know and frankly we deserve whatever the f**k happens to us.

I see you're defending Pauno now... if you're so passionately pro Pauno, where were you when I seemed to be the most vocal of his defenders here a few weeks ago when he actually had some plausible defences?

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 22 Jan 2022 23:42

Brogue Didn’t go today didn’t listen in the wireless either. Decided a invite to the pub for a lunch and natter with some friends was a more attractive offer. Seen the result, better than expected tbh. Can I have a brief synopsis? We’re we better today? Score line suggests so, started with two up top, no? which is positive. Pauno to blame today? Or just betean by a better side? Did we show we were trying today?

Tried 110% percent.

Excellent performances and effort by a bunch of our players, eg Rino, Puscas (!!!), Joao (he's a different class) etc.

So yes we were less shit.

But this isn't sustainable, seemed to me like they were playing a must-win cup final and risking every last ounce of energy.

And yet we rightly got stuffed by a team this bunch of players trying this hard should have in my opinion demolished under proper leadership in my opinion.

3542 posts