Pauno out

3542 posts
Clockwatcher

Re: Pauno out

by Clockwatcher » 16 Jan 2022 20:30

Zip
Hound I’m slightly surprised we haven’t gone to the EFL to call it off again. Obvs depending on if any of those at all are Covid

It now seems worse than ever....with no Carroll as things stand

Rahman
Yiadom
Hoilett
Halilovic
Azeez
Araruna
Meite
Dann
Ejaria
McIntyre
Moore lol
Ashcroft

Is there anyone I’ve forgotten?

Does anyone really know what Ejaria is suffering from or is he someone else who is looking for a new challenge?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 16 Jan 2022 20:33

Clockwatcher
Zip
Hound I’m slightly surprised we haven’t gone to the EFL to call it off again. Obvs depending on if any of those at all are Covid

Rahman
Yiadom
Hoilett
Halilovic
Azeez
Araruna
Meite
Dann
Ejaria
McIntyre
Moore lol
Ashcroft

Does anyone really know what Ejaria is suffering from or is he someone else who is looking for a new challenge?

Apparent groin strain plus covid. Who really knows though.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 16 Jan 2022 20:34

Zip
Clockwatcher
Zip

Rahman
Yiadom
Hoilett
Halilovic
Azeez
Araruna
Meite
Dann
Ejaria
McIntyre
Moore lol
Ashcroft

Apparent groin strain plus covid. Who really knows though.

Hes one of the anti vaxxers at the club and suffering from ill effects of long covid

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Jan 2022 21:59

Zip
Snowflake Royal
Zip Unless some of the wounded return or we sign someone I can’t name a full starting 11

Southwood
Tetek
Holmes
Laurent
Rinomhota
Drinkwater
TDB
Camara
Swift
.?
Puscas

Andresson, Joao, Morrison, Bristow, Er....

Southwood
Tetek
Bristow
Holmes
Laurent
Rinomhota
Drinkwater
Bashiru
Swift
Camara
Clarke

It means playing Bristow again and he clearly isn’t ready but trying to name a starting 11 with him not involved isn’t possible. Just incredible that it is this bad.

Picking Drinkwater sticks in my craw. At least Bristow is doing his best.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 16 Jan 2022 22:00

Snowflake Royal
Zip
Snowflake Royal Southwood
Tetek
Bristow
Holmes
Laurent
Rinomhota
Drinkwater
Bashiru
Swift
Camara
Clarke

It means playing Bristow again and he clearly isn’t ready but trying to name a starting 11 with him not involved isn’t possible. Just incredible that it is this bad.

Again if we had other options Drinkwater would be dropped. He has been the biggest disappointment of the lot.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 16 Jan 2022 23:00

Southwood
Tetek, Laurent, Holmes, Bristow
Rino, Drinkwater
TDB, Swift, Clarke
Puscas

Subs: Collins, Holzman, Ashcroft/Abrefa, Paul, Osorio, Camara, Joao

The full injury list of players aged 16+ must be 20-25 players at the moment, absolutely bonkers.

On my bench I have our fifth choice goalkeeper, our tenth choice centre back, our sixth or seventh choice right back, probably our fifth choice left back, our seventh choice central midfielder, our seventh choice wide player, and our first choice striker who hasn’t played for months and will probably break down the second he gets on the pitch.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 16 Jan 2022 23:20

Zip
Snowflake Royal
Zip

Again if we had other options Drinkwater would be dropped. He has been the biggest disappointment of the lot.

I think he clearly has quality but it doesn’t align with the players we have. Time and time again, he passes to someone who’s under pressure. He hasn’t factored in the quality of players he’s playing with is significantly less than the ones at Chelsea and Leicester (although he barely played at Chelsea)

I also think he needs a combative, industrious player alongside him. TDB certainly isn’t the answer there next to him. May possibly work better alongside Rinomhota

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 17 Jan 2022 13:09

I wonder if the dynamics behind the scenes are changing and the owner is p*ssed off and now involved and there are issues we cannot see. Moore sounds like he has been trouble and Rafael released by mutual consent suggests there's a mini purge. I suspect Puscas maybe next. These are all big salaries.
Could it be these players are/were trouble undermining the manager and team?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Jan 2022 13:50

Ascotexgunner I wonder if the dynamics behind the scenes are changing and the owner is p*ssed off and now involved and there are issues we cannot see. Moore sounds like he has been trouble and Rafael released by mutual consent suggests there's a mini purge. I suspect Puscas maybe next. These are all big salaries.
Could it be these players are/were trouble undermining the manager and team?

I'd not look beyond them all just being awful value poor performers.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 17 Jan 2022 14:39

I think the club would be absolutely over the moon if they could shift Puscas and Moore off the wage book along with Rafael. Maybe get in a few quid for Puscas along the way. Reckon thats probably what they are fully focussed on.

Save 70k a week or so for 3 players who aren't contributing.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 17 Jan 2022 15:07

72 bus
Millsy
Royal_jimmy Pauno deserves sacking for keeping Bristow on the pitch.

Spot on. Made Bodin look good.

Everyone could see this apart from Pauno. Yet he chose him and persisted with him.

Who, should he have replaced him with ? The very same bed wetters were saying the same about Richards

Re: Bristow v Richards - maybe true but potential is irrelevant to the point here, we're discussing how you manage him in a game where it's not working. That can equally apply to decent players like Swift, Ejaria, Hal, Joao etc.

As to what could have been done I refer you to previous posts, I won't regurgitate. Not my job. There were options and that's a manager's job.

Sticking someone known to be rubbish on, and keeping them on to the death, with no change of plan to accommodate for their incompetence because "he's our only option" or "he may be shit now but he may be the next Richards one day" is poor. My mum could do that for free, don't need to pay a pro manager to make that sort of call.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 17 Jan 2022 15:47

Hound I think the club would be absolutely over the moon if they could shift Puscas and Moore off the wage book along with Rafael. Maybe get in a few quid for Puscas along the way. Reckon thats probably what they are fully focussed on.

Save 70k a week or so for 3 players who aren't contributing.

Would be massive. Can't see it happening with Moore; nobody is coming in for him, while if there was any possibility that we could have convinced him to leave on a free for less wages and a new challenge, we have surely blown that possibility out of the water with Saturday's statement. He'll stay and earn what he's entitled to, even in L1. Think Bale at Madrid

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 17 Jan 2022 16:28

yeah though he is considerably younger than Bale. And doesn't sound like he was going anywhere anyway!

If he did that, he'd genuinely be lucky for anyone to pay him more than 5k a week for his next contract.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 17 Jan 2022 16:40

The best Moore would realistically get is a mid-table championship club. No sensible club will pay him more than £10k a week.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 17 Jan 2022 16:50

The biggest problem we have with Moore is that he has 18 months left on his contract, it wouldn't be such an issue if his contract expired this summer. I said on another thread earlier, the only clubs I can think of that would match his wage demands and possibly be able to play for would be Fulham, West Brom, Bournemouth, Celtic or Rangers. Outside of that, I'm struggling unless he moves abroad but even then, he'd only end up moving to a club that probably wouldn't match his wages either without us subsidising something which I'd rather avoid.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Jan 2022 17:04

Millsy
72 bus
Millsy
Spot on. Made Bodin look good.

Everyone could see this apart from Pauno. Yet he chose him and persisted with him.

Who, should he have replaced him with ? The very same bed wetters were saying the same about Richards

Re: Bristow v Richards - maybe true but potential is irrelevant to the point here, we're discussing how you manage him in a game where it's not working. That can equally apply to decent players like Swift, Ejaria, Hal, Joao etc.

As to what could have been done I refer you to previous posts, I won't regurgitate. Not my job. There were options and that's a manager's job.

Sticking someone known to be rubbish on, and keeping them on to the death, with no change of plan to accommodate for their incompetence because "he's our only option" or "he may be shit now but he may be the next Richards one day" is poor. My mum could do that for free, don't need to pay a pro manager to make that sort of call.

Your mum couldn't do even a tenth the job of Bristow though.

Sometimes, someone who isn’t good enough, is still the best you have. Just because it isn’t working doesn’t mean a change would improve it, quite possible it makes it worse.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 17 Jan 2022 17:41

Snowflake Royal
Millsy
72 bus

Your mum couldn't do even a tenth the job of Bristow though.

Sometimes, someone who isn’t good enough, is still the best you have. Just because it isn’t working doesn’t mean a change would improve it, quite possible it makes it worse.

My mum could make the call and slot people in, not play left back.

Going round in circles here, the question is what else could be done and answers have been given.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 17 Jan 2022 18:28

Royal_jimmy The best Moore would realistically get is a mid-table championship club. No sensible club will pay him more than £10k a week.

MLS or Turkey are his best bets.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 17 Jan 2022 19:53

Royal_jimmy The best Moore would realistically get is a mid-table championship club. No sensible club will pay him more than £10k a week.

He will stay no doubt or want a payoff. The more I'm hearing, the more I feel his attitude is poisonous to the team and he needs to be kept away from the first team.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 17 Jan 2022 20:49

If his displays this season haven’t been the end of any decent career he might still have, digging his heels in and staying will be

Would really hope he still has more ambition than just rinsing us of as much money as he can

3542 posts