Hob Nob Addict

Re: Pauno out

by tidus_mi2 » 21 Apr 2021 21:57

Brogue No plan b
Questionable starting lineups/ formations
Poor subs

1 win in 8

Time to go get a proven championship manager in

Best season since Stam, so hell to the no. Yes this season has ended horribly but he has more than earned the opportunity to continue into next season.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 21 Apr 2021 21:58

Football fans :|

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 21 Apr 2021 21:58

Knob.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 21 Apr 2021 21:58

:lol:

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 21 Apr 2021 22:30

Replace Pauno with who?
He has had no money to spend. No chance to strengthen in January. He deserves the summer to mould the squad to suit his playing style but will need a good start to next season that’s for sure

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 21 Apr 2021 22:34

Zip Replace Pauno with who?
He has had no money to spend. No chance to strengthen in January. He deserves the summer to mould the squad to suit his playing style but will need a good start to next season that’s for sure

Chris wilder

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 21 Apr 2021 22:36

Brogue

Chris wilder

You would have to totally alter the style of play and personnel for it to work with Wilder imo. Would rather give Pauno the first part of next season and if we are still struggling in the Autumn then time to say goodbye. Let’s give him more time. I think he deserves it given the lack of funding available to strengthen the squad.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 21 Apr 2021 22:37

Colin.

Someone will have to bring him out of his next retirement.

:wink:

royalstevep68

by royalstevep68 » 21 Apr 2021 22:39

Exactly, think it took compelling 4 seasons to get reading playing the way he wanted with his players. Took McDermott a couple of seasons too.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 21 Apr 2021 22:43

Zip
Brogue

Chris wilder

You would have to totally alter the style of play and personnel for it to work with Wilder imo. Would rather give Pauno the first part of next season and if we are still struggling in the Autumn then time to say goodbye. Let’s give him more time. I think he deserves it given the lack of funding available to strengthen the squad.

Neil Lennon

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 21 Apr 2021 22:44

Obviously a troll post and this doesn't even cross the mind of most sane fans.

But in all seriousness... Have we ever had such a monumental drop in form in one season before?

Was it 7points clear of second and now ridiculously bad form and dropping out of the top 6.

Iirc Dellor went through all the stats at 8 games or so and I'm not sure there were any teams with the start we had at that didn't end up in the playoffs at least.

One trick pony getting the youth motivated but no other ideas? Or top manager with just bad luck with injuries (João, right backs and lately Morro)?

Time will tell as we see what he manages next season. If we're not doing well by Xmas he'll probably be gone. Knowing our owners it could even be sooner.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 21 Apr 2021 22:44

windermereROYAL Knob.

Yeah LUX is a terrible man.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 21 Apr 2021 22:45

Millsy Obviously a troll post and this doesn't even cross the mind of most sane fans.

But in all seriousness... Have we ever had such a monumental drop in form in one season before?

Was it 7points clear of second and now ridiculously bad form and dropping out of the top 6.

Iirc Dellor went through all the stats at 8 games or so and I'm not sure there were any teams with the start we had at that didn't end up in the playoffs at least.

One trick pony getting the youth motivated but no other ideas? Or top manager with just bad luck with injuries (João, right backs and lately Morro)?

Time will tell as we see what he manages next season. If we're not doing well by Xmas he'll probably be gone. Knowing our owners it could even be sooner.

If he starts badly next season he will be gone. Just look at Jose Gomes

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 21 Apr 2021 22:46

I doubt he will make it to next season.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 21 Apr 2021 22:48

I’m not for sacking the manager.

I’ll repeat what I said when Bowen got sacked. Continually sacking managers is not a way to build a sustainable team with an identity and a plan.

He’s got to have more time to at least try to achieve the above. Can Pauno do it? is the question for me.

Brain Traysers

by Brain Traysers » 21 Apr 2021 23:30

For me Pauno has shown he is not well suited to manage the load a squad is exposed to during a uniquely congested season that will never likely happen again. It's notable that all 3 of the top 8 clubs that rotated the least during the busiest period have fallen off a cliff (us, Brentford and Swansea). It also didn't help that we were unable to strengthen in Jan, and I assume that wasn't down to him.

Even if he hasn't learned anything from that, that level of congestion is unlikely to happen again until we are competing regularly in Europe, so never.

Lets see how he gets on in more 'normal' conditions.

Positives:
- Best finish since Stam
- Huge growth in academy prospects (Olise, Holmes, TMac, Richards, Rino)
- Squad togetherness

Negatives:
- Poor squad management during periods of high load
- Baffling substitutions (and lack of)
- No plan B/completely reliant on double pivot

Nowhere near sackable at this stage

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 21 Apr 2021 23:55

leon I’m not for sacking the manager.

I’ll repeat what I said when Bowen got sacked. Continually sacking managers is not a way to build a sustainable team with an identity and a plan.

He’s got to have more time to at least try to achieve the above. Can Pauno do it? is the question for me.

Struggling to see an identity/plan here currently. Can’t build something that doesn’t exist. Most teams have a defined style of play, would struggle to define ours

Time isn’t necessarily the contributing factor, just look at Mowbray under Blackburn for example, three successive seasons where they’ve got worse, Johnson at Bristol etc etc. They became pretty stale after too long. Not that Paunovic is at that stage yet mind, just finding it strange with comments of “should be given at least three years” for example

Personally like to see the manager learn from mistakes primarily. Currently, he’s too inflexible and too slow to react and most likely we won’t be going anywhere until he fixes it because our in game adaptations aren’t of the required standard. 0 shots on target up until the 80th minute and he’s made one sub? It ain’t good enough

10539.4 Miles Away
Hob Nob Regular

by 10539.4 Miles Away » 22 Apr 2021 03:39

Agree that more subs would be nice but can you honestly say that if you were manager you'd turn round, look at the bench and see Aluko, Baldock and think "Yep, there's my matchwinners"

10539.4 Miles Away
Hob Nob Regular

by 10539.4 Miles Away » 22 Apr 2021 03:41

Also "Pauno out" is quite possibly the most laughable thing I've seen on here for a long time.

In case you missed it, we're still financially oxf*rd. A new manager would need more spending, would favour certain players over others and create more deadwood in the team when we've almost cleared most of it out. A new manager would be an utter disaster for the club in many more ways than one.

3543 posts