Pauno out

3542 posts
CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Pauno out

by CountryRoyal » 25 Oct 2021 09:33

Stranded
Simmops
Snowflake Royal Maybe. He kinda made it - performed well when he came in. Then crashed after, especially when we switched to Clarke. I'd take that from one of our current benchwarmers.

He never made it at all

Scott Davies aswell is another

It doesn't hurt to admit you are wrong for once Ian

Davies was much more to do with his well documented gambling issues than getting a chance too early. Campbell did his cruciate a few months after his only sub appearance and never recovered enough to play professionally again. Castle played 11 mins of the same Campbell did (also as sub) so pushing it a little bit to say that ruined his career - his really rather shocking spells on loan in non-league did that.

Nicholas Bignall may be an option but I don't think getting a chance harms players more getting into the squad, being involved sparingly and then disappearing back to the youth i.e. it is almost better to be on the bench and not get on that get 10 mins here, 5 there before being stuck away from the squad once injuries clear up.

There’s also the element of, it may not have been that they got the chance too soon, but perhaps some were never good enough and shouldn’t have got the chance to begin with.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 25 Oct 2021 09:36

Snowflake Royal
Simmops
Snowflake Royal Maybe. He kinda made it - performed well when he came in. Then crashed after, especially when we switched to Clarke. I'd take that from one of our current benchwarmers.

He never made it at all

Do oxf*rd off

Why?

For making a valid point and you are too proud to ever say you might not be correct about something?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 25 Oct 2021 09:44

Simmops
Stranded
Simmops He never made it at all

Davies was much more to do with his well documented gambling issues than getting a chance too early. Campbell did his cruciate a few months after his only sub appearance and never recovered enough to play professionally again. Castle played 11 mins of the same Campbell did (also as sub) so pushing it a little bit to say that ruined his career - his really rather shocking spells on loan in non-league did that.

Nicholas Bignall may be an option but I don't think getting a chance harms players more getting into the squad, being involved sparingly and then disappearing back to the youth i.e. it is almost better to be on the bench and not get on that get 10 mins here, 5 there before being stuck away from the squad once injuries clear up.

thanks for proving my point

It hasn’t proven your point

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 25 Oct 2021 10:00

Stranded
Simmops

He never made it at all

Yeah, although it would depend on whether his gambling issue developed linked to his exposure or before.

Clearly its hard to find someone because getting early games and not making it is most likely just not being good enough.

Kuhl's a terrible example because he came in for about quarter of a season and was in the running for more than one MotM.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 25 Oct 2021 17:20

CountryRoyal
Stranded
Simmops He never made it at all

There’s also the element of, it may not have been that they got the chance too soon, but perhaps some were never good enough and shouldn’t have got the chance to begin with.

It's genuinely hard to tell. Sometimes younger players appear to do well because they've been brought in in games where the result doesn't matter, and the game is more relaxed, or, maybe a senior player is told to look out for them and do more of the heavy lifting. But over a longer run what they can't do becomes more obvious then what they can.

That last thing is actually not just about younger players. How many times have we had players who "do well" in their first season, before "falling away"? Maybe how they play is the same, but the perception is different. (Liam Moore is a good example here)

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 30 Oct 2021 20:45

Pauno out

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 30 Oct 2021 20:46

Pauno out!

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 30 Oct 2021 20:47

Puscas out

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 30 Oct 2021 21:02

Placeholder

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 30 Oct 2021 21:50

He's shit. Don't see the point in sacking him. But we may as well not have a manager during games.

JR

by JR » 30 Oct 2021 21:55

Snowflake Royal He's shit. Don't see the point in sacking him. But we may as well not have a manager during games.

Genuinely don’t know what we can criticise Pauno for tonight.

We put up a very decent fight against the most inform team in the country who haven’t conceded away for 12 hours.

Had them worried and we lost due to individual sloppy errors.

The game plan was excellent so you have to credit Pauno for that.

When you have no bench there are very few levers available to the manager.

retro royal

by retro royal » 30 Oct 2021 22:02

JR
Snowflake Royal He's shit. Don't see the point in sacking him. But we may as well not have a manager during games.

We put up a very decent fight against the most inform team in the country who haven’t conceded away for 12 hours.

How many goals have we conceded with Zonal marking, doesn't know how to change a game with subs, worst injury crisis I can remember due to lack of subs

JR

by JR » 30 Oct 2021 22:12

retro royal
JR

How many goals have we conceded with Zonal marking, doesn't know how to change a game with subs, worst injury crisis I can remember due to lack of subs

I’ll agree with you on the zonal marking point - hate it and the Bournemouth injured player at half time explained how they had noticed that Reading do this zonal approach so they deliberately worked during the week on how to exploit it.

On the bench, I have sympathy with Pauno. Very few options and team were playing ok, plus no game last midweek so not surprised.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 30 Oct 2021 22:18

Pretty much another ‘free-hit’

Beleaguered team with no bench, faces an ex-Premier team with Premier £ and resources.....

0-2

Who knew?

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 30 Oct 2021 22:19

JR
retro royal
JR

On the bench, I have sympathy with Pauno. Very few options and team were playing ok, plus no game last midweek so not surprised.

We didn’t have a shot on target until added time. Can’t create less than that. Again, the options on the bench aren’t particularly enticing but something is worth a go. Because something is better than nothing

“Plus no game last midweek”. Yet most people concluded we lost to Blackpool because of tiredness (and that was the second game in 18 days for most)

Most youngsters get a breakthrough because of injuries. Rinomhota was scarcely mentioned before he broke into the team yet ended up becoming a mainstay. Give something different a go rather than the tried and tested

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 30 Oct 2021 23:09

JR
retro royal
JR

I’ll agree with you on the zonal marking point - hate it and the Bournemouth injured player at half time explained how they had noticed that Reading do this zonal approach so they deliberately worked during the week on how to exploit it.

So in other words a major weakness that the fans plus opposition teams know the manager allows to continue? Unacceptable. The manager is a fcuking stubborn twat.

Marcus Crassus

by Marcus Crassus » 30 Oct 2021 23:38

leon
JR
retro royal

So in other words a major weakness that the fans plus opposition teams know the manager allows to continue? Unacceptable. The manager is a fcuking stubborn twat.

He's an idealogue. Zonal marking has been an unmitigated disaster, but will Pauno change it, no sodding chance.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 31 Oct 2021 00:09

I really wouldn't care if we got rid of him

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 31 Oct 2021 00:25

Royal_jimmy I really wouldn't care if we got rid of him

Feels odd to say this as one of the earliest Pauno-Outers, but I would.

Seriously.

Shit as the last 3 games have been I actually ENJOY watching Pauno's teams play. Inviting the press, living on the edge, then the quick passing up the pitch or direct balls to create something out of nothing. Sometimes we win heroicly, sometimes we capitulate. Even with our 'freak' injury situation and FFP issue.

I dunno, I just enjoy it, Give me this over Stam-shite any day of the week, even if we'd gone up.

Almost certainly an unpopular opinion buy hey ho.

For now I remain Pauno IN even though he's a ****ing bellend for AGAIN not going 442 when chasing a game. He'll always be a bellend I suspect.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 31 Oct 2021 00:25

Royal_jimmy I really wouldn't care if we got rid of him

Feels odd to say this as one of the earliest Pauno-Outers, but I would.

Seriously.

Shit as the last 3 games have been I actually ENJOY watching Pauno's teams play. Inviting the press, living on the edge, then the quick passing up the pitch or direct balls to create something out of nothing. Sometimes we win heroicly, sometimes we capitulate. Even with our 'freak' injury situation and FFP issue.

I dunno, I just enjoy it, Give me this over Stam-shite any day of the week, even if we'd gone up.

Almost certainly an unpopular opinion buy hey ho.

For now I remain Pauno IN even though he's a ****ing bellend for AGAIN not going 442 when chasing a game. He'll always be a bellend I suspect.

3542 posts