Pauno In! Appreciation Thread

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Pauno In! Appreciation Thread

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Apr 2021 12:29

Snowball This thread should be 25 pages to out-gun that pathetic Pauno-Out thread

That would need a concerted effort.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Apr 2021 12:30

Snowball This thread should be 25 pages to out-gun that pathetic Pauno-Out thread

Perhaps you could make up stats to support Pauno.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Apr 2021 12:30

Actually the way you do them over about 5 different posts and in 10,000 words could really help.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 26 Apr 2021 12:52

:lol:

I can help.

7 points clear of second-place to 8 points below playoffs.

Oops sorry wrong thread.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Apr 2021 13:00

Millsy :lol:

I can help.

7 points clear of second-place to 8 points below playoffs.

Oops sorry wrong thread.

No no no.

No caps, no resizing, no spamming of data. Too simplistic and concise.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Apr 2021 13:02

13 points better than last year with 2 to play.

Jack Celliers
Hob Nob Regular

by Jack Celliers » 09 May 2021 21:37

It was a good season. We played well at times, but injuries hit us hard after Christmas when we seemed to have two games every week. We do need to rethink our tactics a bit, as we had been found out by the end, but in general Pauno got the players playing well. Next season, with Aluko, Baldock, etc off the books, we should be even better. It must be at least ten years since we started a season without having loads of shit players earning huge wages who weren't good enough for the first team. The main thing is that we don't sack him, get in a new manager, and let them fill up the subs benches and season-long loans of the future with new players.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 09 May 2021 22:50

With the club finances in a mess. Going to be difficult to compete with the relegated clubs. Hopefully this summer will be pragmatic transfers and no more spend or bust.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 09 May 2021 22:53

I like this thread. I'm pleased we got rid of Bowen as well.
Let's not forget he was hired as a technical consultant so he has to bare some responsibility so some of the worst football we have seen for a couple of decades.
Then there was the "snake " accusations when Gormless was removed (though to be honest I was glad and having heard his punditry, Christ knows how he calls himself a football manager).
All in all next season we start with a clean canvas and a proper new start with a lot of dead weight gone.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 10 May 2021 09:15

Ascotexgunner I like this thread. I'm pleased we got rid of Bowen as well.
Let's not forget he was hired as a technical consultant so he has to bare some responsibility so some of the worst football we have seen for a couple of decades.
Then there was the "snake " accusations when Gormless was removed (though to be honest I was glad and having heard his punditry, Christ knows how he calls himself a football manager).
All in all next season we start with a clean canvas and a proper new start with a lot of dead weight gone.

Agreed - this was for once a season where we were fighting at the right end of the table ... coming 7th is a bit painful, but really given last few games I didn't see us winning the play-offs anyhow. Also a big plus was being able to watch several good games where we played great football ... like Bournemouth at home for example. Don't miss Bowen and his negative football at all.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 10 May 2021 09:23

of the opinion we probably need Bowen for that season or so to come and kick a few backsides and sort some stuff out behind the scenes. I don't get the feeling we were a very happy camp early last year and probably would have gone down with Gomes

Agree the football has been far better this year though, and far more positive.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 May 2021 10:25

Yeah, when I created the thread for a positive take on Pauno, I wasn't actually intending it to be for slagging off Bowen, but for appreciating Pauno's work.

But at least it's back at the top.

Cheers Velcro!

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 10 May 2021 10:45

+1 to Bowen was shit

Can we rename this thread to “The owners were right”?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 May 2021 11:13

leon +1 to Bowen was shit

So weird you think they were right but you have nothing good to say about Pauno on a thread for his appreciation and have been bitching about him for about a month.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 10 May 2021 11:19

Agree to stick with Pauno and Bowen would have put us mid table at best.
finishing 7th does have a positive though 2/3rds atleast of the championship are not going to be offering major wages, this is visible by the glut of talent due to be a free transfer this year. we may also not have a lot to spend on wages but we finished at the right end of the table and are likely to have atleast 4 of Ejaria, Swift, Meite, Olise, Joao and Puscas come the beginning of next season so attractive players to play with who can produce something.

so long and short lets say you are a championship player out of contract you have the choice of all the teams in the championship. If you cant get a wage you want because they are not out there you want a place at a club that atleast will be challenging at the right end of the table and we are that now.

If we can get 3 or 4 Morrison style players who want to play for the badge rather than a million pound pay deal we will be right up there and have the right mentality. that is what we have to sell this summer. go to Forest etc and play for a wage or come to Reading and play in a young talented squad who can do really good things.

I think Pauno is the guy to find those players.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 10 May 2021 11:38

Bowen’s style left a lot to be desired but it’s fairly naive to automatically assume he wouldn’t have got us further than mid table

Main problems last year was a lack of a decent lone striker without Joao and a flaky midfield. With Joao fit for most of the season and him bringing Laurent in, both of those problems are solved

He should have been more flexible with his decision making (I.e not just swapping out Puscas and Baldock for each other every game) but given his overall work here, think some of the reactions are a bit over the top

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 10 May 2021 12:40

Snowflake Royal

So weird you think they were right but you have nothing good to say about Pauno on a thread for his appreciation and have been bitching about him for about a month.

I've made at best several comments about the performance of the team. I'd hardly call it bitching about him.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 May 2021 12:42

leon
Snowflake Royal

I've made at best several comments about the performance of the team. I'd hardly call it bitching about him.

Tbf, I was mainly trying to elicit some praise for him out of you to boost the post count on the thread and keep it towards the top and keep in on topic of appreciation for Pauno not slagging off others.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 08 Jul 2021 13:41

ITK Eddie says:

Discussions high up at #ReadingFC are taking place regarding the possibility of a longer and more secure contract For Vejlko Paunovic as he looks to settle down in England.

https://mobile.twitter.com/EddieRFC7/st ... 2793794564

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 08 Jul 2021 13:44

morganb ITK Eddie says:

Discussions high up at #ReadingFC are taking place regarding the possibility of a longer and more secure contract For Vejlko Paunovic as he looks to settle down in England.

https://mobile.twitter.com/EddieRFC7/st ... 2793794564

Would be a good move, add a bit of stability. Hopefully he learns from his mistakes last year and builds on it.