5%
Brentford
53%
Swansea
9%

Total votes: 77
tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Who do you WANT to win the play-offs?

by tidus_mi2 » 19 May 2021 01:34

LUX
fartdad
morganb Who do people see coming up from League One?

oxford easy

Spot on

They just got dicked at home by Blackpool so looks very unlikely now.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 19 May 2021 06:57

Er, I know.

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 19 May 2021 07:15

Being based in North Wales, purely selfishly I would like Blackpool to come up for a trip to the Vegas of the North, assuming we will be able to by then, so I am pleased with the result.

I am not sure why anyone would want Oxford to go up. I get the local rivalry aspect, and while the joys of skirmishes in a car park near Oxford’s ring road with the finest Cowley can muster has its appeal, let’s save that for a cup game. Am I alone in enjoying the fact that we have played in a higher division than them for 20 years now, and Swindon for 18 years, let’s keep it that way. Let the two of them continue their lower division dwarf fight without us, we are only a back up rival after all!

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 19 May 2021 15:29

Bollox to Oxf*rd.

Let them rot.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 19 May 2021 15:45

Mr Optimist Being based in North Wales, purely selfishly I would like Blackpool to come up for a trip to the Vegas of the North, assuming we will be able to by then, so I am pleased with the result.

I am not sure why anyone would want Oxford to go up. I get the local rivalry aspect, and while the joys of skirmishes in a car park near Oxford’s ring road with the finest Cowley can muster has its appeal, let’s save that for a cup game. Am I alone in enjoying the fact that we have played in a higher division than them for 20 years now, and Swindon for 18 years, let’s keep it that way. Let the two of them continue their lower division dwarf fight without us, we are only a back up rival after all!

Ah, football fans. Why would we want local teams in our division? Because then we get to play local derbies. Which is great.

Genuinely perplexes me that grown men will go their graves 'happy' that 'the Swindon scum' (or whatever) have been put in their place. It's just football. I'd sooner be playing Oxford and Swindon than, say, Rotherham.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 19 May 2021 16:01

Sanguine
Mr Optimist Being based in North Wales, purely selfishly I would like Blackpool to come up for a trip to the Vegas of the North, assuming we will be able to by then, so I am pleased with the result.

Ah, football fans. Why would we want local teams in our division? Because then we get to play local derbies. Which is great.

Genuinely perplexes me that grown men will go their graves 'happy' that 'the Swindon scum' (or whatever) have been put in their place. It's just football. I'd sooner be playing Oxford and Swindon than, say, Rotherham.

Got to agree, I have never experienced a proper rivalry and I won't count a couple League Cup games in the early 2000s. I think realistically to play Oxford and Swindon more regularly it would probably involve us getting relegated to League One rather than either of them being promoted to the Championship.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 19 May 2021 21:09

Sanguine

I know we disagree on most things, and here we go again. You admit your support for RFC is marginal and that your first love is Liverpool and that you also go and watch Fulham ( more than RFC a couple of seasons ago, at least). So you are immune to the pettiness I have of hoping that, for example, Oxford fck up the play offs and stay a League below us. Sad but true.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 19 May 2021 21:11

Mr Angry Bollox to Oxf*rd.

Let them rot.

Exactly Mr Angry.

( this post does evoke a classic Stamford Bridge gif, mind.).

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 19 May 2021 21:17

Pretty much always the team I least want to get promoted via the playoffs wins ... I should turn this to my advantage in future and put money on it.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 19 May 2021 22:48

Royalwaster Pretty much always the team I least want to get promoted via the playoffs wins ... I should turn this to my advantage in future and put money on it.

Ah, so it's your fault Reading never win in the play-offs.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 20 May 2021 08:27

LUX
Sanguine

I know we disagree on most things, and here we go again. You admit your support for RFC is marginal and that your first love is Liverpool and that you also go and watch Fulham ( more than RFC a couple of seasons ago, at least). So you are immune to the pettiness I have of hoping that, for example, Oxford fck up the play offs and stay a League below us. Sad but true.

It's sad that you're that petty, yes.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 20 May 2021 08:53

tidus_mi2
Royalwaster Pretty much always the team I least want to get promoted via the playoffs wins ... I should turn this to my advantage in future and put money on it.

Ah, so it's your fault Reading never win in the play-offs.

Yes I think it is ... next time I'll do a Judas bet.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 20 May 2021 11:32

Sanguine
LUX
Sanguine

we all have our pettiness quota, Cmonurz.

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 20 May 2021 12:06

LUX
Sanguine
LUX

we all have our pettiness quota, Cmonurz.

I’m with you Lux, I would rather be petty than constantly perplexed/bewildered.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 22 May 2021 14:33

Yes !

Interesting to see what happens to Muff next season

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 22 May 2021 14:38

Hope Bournemouth sink, something really unlikeable about them.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 22 May 2021 17:18

Goodness me, I cant recall a non Reading result that I`ve enjoyed more, those f*ckers have been spending money they don't have with their shitty little stadium for a number of years now, they`ve still got a bit of parachute money coming in but I would say paying their top players big bucks might f*ck them up, well hopefully anyway.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 22 May 2021 17:27

Two down of my pet hates
Bye bye Sun’lun

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 22 May 2021 17:58

tidus_mi2 Hope Bournemouth sink, something really unlikeable about them.

They think their a big club. Listened to Bournmouth fan TV......talk about deluded. It was all the refs fault as well apparently. They are gonna drop like a stone now hopefully.
Well done Brentford......want Barnsley or Swansea now.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 22 May 2021 18:06

Ascotexgunner
tidus_mi2 Hope Bournemouth sink, something really unlikeable about them.

They think their a big club. Listened to Bournmouth fan TV......talk about deluded. It was all the refs fault as well apparently. They are gonna drop like a stone now hopefully.
Well done Brentford......want Barnsley or Swansea now.

How the f*ck was it the refs fault? he got all the crucial shouts 100% correct. in fact he could have given Brentfod another pen or two.