Free transfers watch

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Free transfers watch

by morganb » 27 May 2021 21:31

Barry Douglas is a free agent this summer, just been released by Leeds tonight. 31 year old left back.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 28 May 2021 15:45

Neil Taylor (32), just released by Aston Villa, is interesting Nottingham Forest, Reading and QPR on a free transfer

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 28 May 2021 17:23

I hate to be ageist (especially at my age) but we should not be considering anyone over 30 for big wages (and Taylor is going to expect big wages).

And yes, I know that Jimmy Quinn and Ian Harte are the exceptions that prove the rule

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 28 May 2021 17:40

Franchise FC I hate to be ageist (especially at my age) but we should not be considering anyone over 30 for big wages (and Taylor is going to expect big wages).

And yes, I know that Jimmy Quinn and Ian Harte are the exceptions that prove the rule

You missed off Morro, Kermogant and Roberts. If the wages are affordable and the player still has the hunger there's nothing wrong with it. Of course what is "affordable" is a different question; I doubt we could have made the Roberts signing in our current financial situation.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 May 2021 18:29

Franchise FC I hate to be ageist (especially at my age) but we should not be considering anyone over 30 for big wages (and Taylor is going to expect big wages).

Doubt Harte was on big wages seeing as he signed for us from League One.

But yeah, agree with the general principles

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 28 May 2021 19:25

Snowflake Royal

And Morro, McShane too? first 2 years he was class.

Kermogant?

That's 3 without thinking

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 28 May 2021 20:39

Lionel Messi is a free agent this summer, I read.

Would be a good option I think for a plan B for when Joao gets injured or we need a plan B if the game needs turning around.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 28 May 2021 21:00

SouthDownsRoyal Lionel Messi is a free agent this summer, I read.

Would be a good option I think for a plan B for when Joao gets injured or we need a plan B if the game needs turning around.

Big wages and expect he'll have a handful of Prem teams after him, so doubt we'd be an option.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 28 May 2021 21:26

Pepe the Horseman

Big wages and expect he'll have a handful of Prem teams after him, so doubt we'd be an option.

Maybe, but Reading may fit his ambitions as he gets older. We are also well located near London, that may be a pull.

He may be willing to take a bit if a pay cut to be part of something here at Reading.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 28 May 2021 21:49

SouthDownsRoyal
Pepe the Horseman

Maybe, but Reading may fit his ambitions as he gets older. We are also well located near London, that may be a pull.

He may be willing to take a bit if a pay cut to be part of something here at Reading.

Too short - won’t be much help defending set pieces

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 28 May 2021 21:50

Ejaris could teach him dribbling skills

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 May 2021 23:24

Mid Sussex Royal
Snowflake Royal

And Morro, McShane too? first 2 years he was class.

Kermogant?

That's 3 without thinking

Morrison is an experienced Championship player, but not likely to be on really big wages.

McShane, ish - although I believe he'd have been 29 at the time we signed him. Circumstances almost six years ago were quite different, we may even have been getting the tail end of parachute payments. Absolutely not the sort of player we should be signing now.

Again, with Quinn, his signing was before my time, but different era, different situation.

Was Kermogant big money? I doubt it personally.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 29 May 2021 08:43

Franchise FC
SouthDownsRoyal
Pepe the Horseman Big wages and expect he'll have a handful of Prem teams after him, so doubt we'd be an option.

Too short - won’t be much help defending set pieces

He isn’t a defender so not a huge issue

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 29 May 2021 17:36

Kamil Grosicki released by West brom, he did well at Hull, wide player too. wouldn't mind him here. And Charlie Austin but I suspect he is QPR bound.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 29 May 2021 18:38

If Rafael goes and we get a fee Paulo Gazzaniga could be a good option he has always been that almost keeper that always had a better keeper in front of him. But a worthy replacement for Rafael.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 29 May 2021 19:56

windermereROYAL Kamil Grosicki released by West brom, he did well at Hull, wide player too. wouldn't mind him here. And Charlie Austin but I suspect he is QPR bound.

he must have been on a short contract, only signed Jan last year. Agree, would be an excellent signing, destroyed us up there once

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 29 May 2021 23:03

Anybody know why Niall Keown has been a free transfer for over a year now?? might be worth bringing back to the club.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 29 May 2021 23:26

linkenholtroyal Anybody know why Niall Keown has been a free transfer for over a year now?? might be worth bringing back to the club.

Is he still playing? Last record of a game for him in soccerbase is February 19.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 30 May 2021 19:56

windermereROYAL Kamil Grosicki released by West brom, he did well at Hull, wide player too. wouldn't mind him here. And Charlie Austin but I suspect he is QPR bound.

Would much rather we signed Cheikh Diaby who has just been released by them. Was meant to be highly rated and did well in PL2 (11 apps / 6 goals) only 21.

If we are to consider Grosicki we may aswell consider HRK. Sod that. We need some flair on the wings, we saw how frustrated fans got with Ovie last year.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 01 Jun 2021 10:29

Chuks Aneke will become a free agent this summer after turning down Charlton’s offer of a new deal.

He has received interest from clubs in America and Scotland. However, the forward believes that a return to the Championship could eventually lead to him playing in the Premier League. Middlesbrough are among them, while Reading, Coventry, Queens Park Rangers and Bristol City also in the hunt.

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/exclusive ... ampionship