Orion1871
RoyalTJ South Stand are oxf*rd embarrasing, weirdos

Same as the team.

Explain please.

PremAddict
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Pre-season games 2021/2022

by PremAddict » 21 Jul 2021 20:53

Overall I think the match was a success judged on giving a lot of players an opportunity to face tough competition: West Ham finished 6th. I'm sure Pauno learned a lot and the case was made on where to strengthen. A highlight: Azeez looked great.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 21 Jul 2021 20:53

0-3 at FT. Sham really should have scored a fair few more.Our left flank was a problem all game with Sham always finding players in loads of space. Bowen caused no end of problems for us but his finishing was poor.
Rafael did well as did Dorsett. I was underwhelmed by the triallists.

We really do need to strengthen and given that Derby can now do so I will be a bit peeved if we can’t.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 21 Jul 2021 20:56

So very meh

West Ham commentator not knowing who oir players are, me not knowing who our players are.

No team play (because with all of the changes, not a team)...rabbits in headlights every time we got possession...second half left winger...pace, found space....then passed it into WH defence.

Nice shirts tho”

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Jul 2021 21:04

andrew1957 The second half became a bit meaningless with so many changes but thought the youngsters acquitted themselves well in the main. The final 11 on the pitch cannot have had an average age of much more than 18-19. Osorio might be one to watch.

Thankfully the commo team announced him and he was fairly distinctive. He did look promising.

Tetek (I think) had a few up and down moments in the 20 minutes I saw.

Beyond that, I could only recognise Rino, Laurent and Southwood. Southwood, maybe could have done better on the goal, but just can't tell. You know what you're getting with Rino and Laurent, so how they performed pretty meaningless.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 21 Jul 2021 21:07

Snowflake Royal
andrew1957 The second half became a bit meaningless with so many changes but thought the youngsters acquitted themselves well in the main. The final 11 on the pitch cannot have had an average age of much more than 18-19. Osorio might be one to watch.

Thankfully the commo team announced him and he was fairly distinctive. He did look promising.

Tetek (I think) had a few up and down moments in the 20 minutes I saw.

Beyond that, I could only recognise Rino, Laurent and Southwood. Southwood, maybe could have done better on the goal, but just can't tell. You know what you're getting with Rino and Laurent, so how they performed pretty meaningless.

I didn’t think Southwood could do much. I was more concerned their full back was able to weave his way into a one on one. Good finish too.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 21 Jul 2021 21:17

Snowflake Royal
Royal_jimmy If this is the best side we can muster then Jesus God help us. Maybe we'll actually sign players who aren't always on the injury table.

If we can't sign anyone it'll be a guaranteed relegation battle for us.

Obviously not seeing as quite a few of our first team players haven't been involved.

Don't exactly have that many first teamers out.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 21 Jul 2021 21:23

Who was left wing second half? Thought he did alright.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Jul 2021 21:24

Royal_jimmy
Snowflake Royal
Royal_jimmy If this is the best side we can muster then Jesus God help us. Maybe we'll actually sign players who aren't always on the injury table.

If we can't sign anyone it'll be a guaranteed relegation battle for us.

Obviously not seeing as quite a few of our first team players haven't been involved.

Based on this thread and the injury stuff.

Moore
Holmes
McIntyre
Puscas
Joao

Araruna
Meite

At least.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 21 Jul 2021 21:41

Snowflake Royal
Royal_jimmy
Snowflake Royal Obviously not seeing as quite a few of our first team players haven't been involved.

Based on this thread and the injury stuff.

Moore
Holmes
McIntyre
Puscas
Joao

Araruna
Meite

At least.

It's also just the 2nd game, so always going to be a mish mash of probables and possibles. This game was very much look at which young players could fill gaps effectively. Azeez seems to have shown he can do so along with potentially one or two others.

VP will now have a better idea of where he needs to find someone externally either on loan or a free. He said it would likely be next week before that happens so by the time Palace come to town squad will likely look more rounded and most of the first teamers missing will be fully involved too.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Jul 2021 21:59

So back from the actual game….

First half we did ok. Not much threat but yes Azeez is one to watch. He looked good and played pretty well. Just looked a tidy footballer all round.

Dorsett I thought was not so great - but then he was up against Antonio who is a beast - brilliant in the air. Not too sure what he did that seems to be getting the praise. Could be a good player but a way off yet. Rino and Laurent did well, swift played some nice stuff, ejaria was poor tonight

The two trialists - thought they were both ok. Didn’t scream to sign them up, but they did some good stuff. The LB seemed to get out of position a few times, edwards a left footer playing on the right? Seems Pauno will continue that this year. Be a bit meh if we sign either or both.

Lots of playing out from the back which will upset the usual crowd.

Second half was a bit of a mess and ended up spending most of the time working out who was who. Tetek looked good to me, the shortish lad with the big curly hair looked tidy. The defence really struggled despite some last ditch stuff. Not sure they learned a lot from it tbh. NML made some good runs but poor touch.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Jul 2021 21:59

Good atmosphere though and lovely to be back in my normal seats

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 21 Jul 2021 22:02

Pepe the Horseman Who was left wing second half? Thought he did alright.
until it came to picking a player (preferably in a hooped shirt) in the box...yes, very good

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Jul 2021 22:02

Oh just seen Puscas, TMc and Holmes all isolating. Joao minor injury. Araruna 5 weeks from training still which is a bit shit

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 21 Jul 2021 22:22

Hound Oh just seen Puscas, TMc and Holmes all isolating. Joao minor injury. Araruna 5 weeks from training still which is a bit shit

Yeah just seen this.Also no progress on getting players in and transfers out not being ruled out. We can’t afford to lose anymore quality players.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 21 Jul 2021 22:43

Is there a lineup anywhere?

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 21 Jul 2021 22:51

At least Veljko is approaching the season ahead with a positive mindset. We are , where we are. Transfer policy of the past 5 years or so is coming back to haunt us.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 22 Jul 2021 09:05

Hound So back from the actual game….

First half we did ok. Not much threat but yes Azeez is one to watch. He looked good and played pretty well. Just looked a tidy footballer all round.

Dorsett I thought was not so great - but then he was up against Antonio who is a beast - brilliant in the air. Not too sure what he did that seems to be getting the praise. Could be a good player but a way off yet. Rino and Laurent did well, swift played some nice stuff, ejaria was poor tonight

Most of what you say is spot on but I have to say I disagree re Dorsett. He made 4 or 5 last ditch blocks or tackles which most likely would have been goals otherwise. It was just a shame about the own goal which blotted the performance as it looked avoidable. But overall I thought he looked very promising.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 22 Jul 2021 09:13

andrew1957

Most of what you say is spot on but I have to say I disagree re Dorsett. He made 4 or 5 last ditch blocks or tackles which most likely would have been goals otherwise. It was just a shame about the own goal which blotted the performance as it looked avoidable. But overall I thought he looked very promising.

He did, but then I think the last ditch tackles were often a result of not dealing with an initial situation.

Might be being a bit harsh, but Antonio was all over him in the air as well. But Antonio is a very good PL striker so no shame there

He definitely has attributes and he won't come up against the likes of Antonio very often. But just felt he was a fair way behind Holmes and TMc at the moment. But I believe he is very young still (18?) so plenty of time to get better

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 22 Jul 2021 09:21

Hound
andrew1957

He did, but then I think the last ditch tackles were often a result of not dealing with an initial situation.

Might be being a bit harsh, but Antonio was all over him in the air as well. But Antonio is a very good PL striker so no shame there

He definitely has attributes and he won't come up against the likes of Antonio very often. But just felt he was a fair way behind Holmes and TMc at the moment. But I believe he is very young still (18?) so plenty of time to get better

It was a very tough game for him to be involved in as they were cutting through us at will so he was constantly under pressure. I thought he coped pretty well. It was worrying seeing how easily they passed through us from central positions and found acres of space down our left flank.

176 posts