Injury watch 2021/22

948 posts
YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Injury watch 2021/22

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 04 Apr 2022 10:05

Stranded I would say this summer is the last chance for Moore to make a decent move i.e. to a decent Championship side, so he may well be inclined to make it happen.

If he stays and essentially sits out a year then the options for a then 30 yo CB with known injury issues will be limited even as a free transfer.

Question remains if we could afford to not select him next year if we are unable to move him on. Having 35k pw (or whatever it actually is) not playing is wasting a massive chunk of our available budget.

If we can't move him on, we may as well use him. For all of his criticisms, he obviously isn't a bad player when he plays well, or even when he's just average, he's still a good player at this level.

We have to move him on simply because of what he costs. If his wages were a third-ish of what he is earning, I'd be wanting to keep hold of him for sure. It's just unfortunate for him our situation is such where we can't really afford to keep him on.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 04 Apr 2022 17:13

Stranded I would say this summer is the last chance for Moore to make a decent move i.e. to a decent Championship side, so he may well be inclined to make it happen.

If he stays and essentially sits out a year then the options for a then 30 yo CB with known injury issues will be limited even as a free transfer.

Question remains if we could afford to not select him next year if we are unable to move him on. Having 35k pw (or whatever it actually is) not playing is wasting a massive chunk of our available budget.

He's toxic to us, we're most certainly toxic to him and I think we have better CB options available. You'd pick the team on merit and he doesn’t get in it even with our defensive frailties imo.

The only thing he has going is that he's our quickest CB, Thomas aside, but he's not quick. And he's not a good marker.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 05 Apr 2022 14:06

Snowflake Royal The only thing he has going is that he's our quickest CB, Thomas aside, but he's not quick. And he's not a good marker.

Perhaps this should be the back 4 tonight then

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 05 Apr 2022 15:59

YorkshireRoyal99

If we can't move him on, we may as well use him. For all of his criticisms, he obviously isn't a bad player when he plays well, or even when he's just average, he's still a good player at this level.

We have to move him on simply because of what he costs. If his wages were a third-ish of what he is earning, I'd be wanting to keep hold of him for sure. It's just unfortunate for him our situation is such where we can't really afford to keep him on.

Don’t think he is anymore than barely adequate at this level now tbh

Even if we have to pay off 80% of his contract we should do. It does nobody any good him still being here

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 05 Apr 2022 16:43

Hound
YorkshireRoyal99

Don’t think he is anymore than barely adequate at this level now tbh

Even if we have to pay off 80% of his contract we should do. It does nobody any good him still being here

Not sure I completely agree personally in terms of his ability, I'd still say he's a good Championship-level defender.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 05 Apr 2022 20:13

18 months ago I’d agree

I thought he looked really poor this season tbh. Admittedly certain things didn’t help him

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 10 Apr 2022 11:54

Midfield looks light now with Rino out, Swift 2-3 weeks and TDB having a scan this week.

And where was Dann yesterday?

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 13 Apr 2022 14:44

Scott Dann out for the season. Incredible that whoever's making the decisions thought he was worth a new contract.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 13 Apr 2022 14:45

Pepe the Horseman Scott Dann out for the season. Incredible that whoever's making the decisions thought he was worth a new contract.

Yep, waste of time and money. Would much rather have brought in a young CB this summer who had been released from a Premier League academy.

hughsies no.1

by hughsies no.1 » 13 Apr 2022 15:00

Halilovic not available again (despite coming out a few weeks back saying he is ready) - reading between the lines, must have some sort of clause in his deal where if he plays a certain number of games it will trigger another year deal, also wouldn't be surprised if that is what happened with Dann. My best guess is we will not see him again this season playing,

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 13 Apr 2022 15:06

hughsies no.1 Halilovic not available again (despite coming out a few weeks back saying he is ready) - reading between the lines, must have some sort of clause in his deal where if he plays a certain number of games it will trigger another year deal, also wouldn't be surprised if that is what happened with Dann. My best guess is we will not see him again this season playing,

Halilovic was injured again after saying he ready to play. You couldn’t make it up.

So updated injury list

Dann
Araruna
Tetek
Halilovic
Rinomhota
Swift
TDB?

Meite sounds like he may be on the bench for Friday which is some much needed good news. I am assuming TMac is ok.

Ince saying Swift might make the bench for Friday which would be very good news.
With Yaks back we wouldn’t be too badly off.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 13 Apr 2022 15:21

Zip
hughsies no.1 Halilovic not available again (despite coming out a few weeks back saying he is ready) - reading between the lines, must have some sort of clause in his deal where if he plays a certain number of games it will trigger another year deal, also wouldn't be surprised if that is what happened with Dann. My best guess is we will not see him again this season playing,

Halilovic was injured again after saying he ready to play. You couldn’t make it up.

So updated injury list

Dann
Araruna
Tetek
Halilovic
Rinomhota
Swift
TDB?

Meite sounds like he may be on the bench for Friday which is some much needed good news. I am assuming TMac is ok.

So will Dann be “Paul Ince injured” (told out for season, but actually back after a week) or “Veljko Paunovic injured” (told out for season but actually not back until 2023).

Think I prefer Paul Ince’s interpretation myself.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Apr 2022 16:06

NathStPaul
Pepe the Horseman Scott Dann out for the season. Incredible that whoever's making the decisions thought he was worth a new contract.

Yep, waste of time and money. Would much rather have brought in a young CB this summer who had been released from a Premier League academy.

He wasn't even getting on the pitch when he was fit.

Another one in the 'we've learnt oxf*rd all' column.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 13 Apr 2022 16:29

Snowflake Royal
NathStPaul

Would have been better off giving Dorsett a new deal.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Apr 2022 16:34

Zip
Snowflake Royal
NathStPaul Yep, waste of time and money. Would much rather have brought in a young CB this summer who had been released from a Premier League academy.

It's bonkers. He's 35 now ffs. At least we didn’t give him a 5 year deal on big wages.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 13 Apr 2022 16:37

Snowflake Royal
Zip
Snowflake Royal He wasn't even getting on the pitch when he was fit.

It's bonkers. He's 35 now ffs. At least we didn’t give him a 5 year deal on big wages.

No more bonkers than signing John O'Shea. Would argue that Dann is probably better than JO'S was when he played for us, certainly no worse.

He might be here to work on his badges as well, like JO'S, and if it is low wages then I really don't see it being a huge issue.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Apr 2022 16:44

Hendo
Snowflake Royal
Zip

No more bonkers than signing John O'Shea. Would argue that Dann is probably better than JO'S was when he played for us, certainly no worse.

He might be here to work on his badges as well, like JO'S, and if it is low wages then I really don't see it being a huge issue.

John O'Shea was a shit playing signing too.

But at least we didn’t give him another year when he wasn't playing and missed a large part of the season. And we weren't as restricted on the squad.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 13 Apr 2022 16:48

Hendo
Snowflake Royal
Zip

Dorsett is the future and out of contract. Rochdale fans think he is destined for much bigger things. He should be a priority over Dann otherwise we will lose him the summer.
We desperately need more pace at centre back.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 13 Apr 2022 16:59

Hendo
Snowflake Royal
Zip

We don't really need coaches imo. We need young, fit and healthy players who are ready to play. Dann absolutely should have gone, even if he's only on a few grand a week. That's a few grand that could be spent on a released player from a Premier League clubs academy. That's the sort of players we should be looking at imo.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 13 Apr 2022 17:02

Zip
Hendo
Snowflake Royal It's bonkers. He's 35 now ffs. At least we didn’t give him a 5 year deal on big wages.

Dorsett is the future and out of contract. Rochdale fans think he is destined for much bigger things. He should be a priority over Dann otherwise we will lose him the summer.
We desperately need more pace at centre back.

What if they're still trying to work out a contract for him? Just because nothing has been announced, doesn't mean it isn't happening.

What if he actually isn't very good?

I've not seen him play so can't really comment, but I think in a season where we're likely to struggle I'd want as many players I knew I could rely upon, especially in defence, than just throwing the kids in. Dann will be a good head in the dressing room as well. If they give Dorsett a new contract with the view of starting next season and he's gash people will start to jump on him and the club, very quickly.

948 posts