Injury watch 2021/22

948 posts
paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Injury watch 2021/22

by paultheroyal » 15 Dec 2021 13:30

Get it postponed - crowd will still be decent in re-arranged but more importantly another week closer to having players fit without the need to playing a match.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 15 Dec 2021 14:37

Lmao Brendan Rodgers moaning about having 9 players out because of covid and "other medical issues" and is upset they are expected to go ahead.

Cry me a river.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 04 Jan 2022 14:18

So the utter mess that is Reading’s injury list has improved very slightly.

The amended list now seems to be:

Ejaria
Drinkwater
Morrison
Moore
Meite
Joao
McIntyre
Rinomhota

Presume you also can add Ashcroft to the above for a couple of games after his concussion yesterday.

Plus

Rahman
Yiadom

who are both off to Cameroon for the next month.

So that’s now effectively just 10 out.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 04 Jan 2022 14:25

Sutekh So the utter mess that is Reading’s injury list has improved very slightly.

Ejaria
Drinkwater
Morrison
Moore
Meite
Joao
McIntyre
Rinomhota

Presume you also can add Ashcroft to the above for a couple of games after his concussion yesterday.

Plus

Rahman
Yiadom

Sounds like Morrison is early to mid Feb, Joao towards the end of this month and Meite late Feb/early March. (Obvs plenty of time for these to extend much longer than that)

Any advance on any of the others from anywhere?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 04 Jan 2022 14:28

Someone on Twitter (I know) said they had spoken to Joao at the game and he may be involved "in the next game" - so whether we see him named on the bench on Saturday or Tuesday will be interesting* to see.

All the others are unclear - Rinomohta has been 2 weeks away since October, so god knows - we may even get a couple of surprise names in the squad at the weekend.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 04 Jan 2022 14:31

Sutekh So the utter mess that is Reading’s injury list has improved very slightly.

Ejaria
Drinkwater
Morrison
Moore
Meite
Joao
McIntyre
Rinomhota

Plus

Rahman
Yiadom

We have ten out currently. You need to add Tetek and Yiadom who presumably was out injured rather than already off to the African Nations.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 04 Jan 2022 14:33

A bit of clarity on the injury situation would be nice for fans, the manager and board alike seem to enjoy being very tight-lipped on a lot of things that go on around the club.

I'm not expecting a medical report on each player and an exact prognosis, but just some idea would be nice. Yes, it's probably better in footballing terms to not let your next few opponents know who will be available so it probably does help in that respect and makes the opposition's preparations a little bit harder, but I don't get why there would be so much emphasis on that (if there even is, I'm just speculating), why not just rely on the quality of our players?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 04 Jan 2022 15:04

Stranded Someone on Twitter (I know) said they had spoken to Joao at the game and he may be involved "in the next game" - so whether we see him named on the bench on Saturday or Tuesday will be interesting* to see.

All the others are unclear - Rinomohta has been 2 weeks away since October, so god knows - we may even get a couple of surprise names in the squad at the weekend.

TBH any time any one who has been injured appears in a match day squad its a surprise these days

OLLIE KEARNS

by OLLIE KEARNS » 04 Jan 2022 15:10

I followed Tom Mac into the ground yesterday and he wasn’t moving too well at all. I followed Rin into the ground 2 months ago and he was walking without any sign of a limp. Something odd going on with him. I’m wondering if he’s one appearance away from triggering a contract extension / pay rise clause that Reading can’t meet. We could certainly have done with him in our empty central midfield against Derby.....

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 04 Jan 2022 15:40

OLLIE KEARNS I followed Tom Mac into the ground yesterday and he wasn’t moving too well at all. I followed Rin into the ground 2 months ago and he was walking without any sign of a limp. Something odd going on with him. I’m wondering if he’s one appearance away from triggering a contract extension / pay rise clause that Reading can’t meet. We could certainly have done with him in our empty central midfield against Derby.....

You could be right. I have wondered if there are "non-injury" reasons why some players are taking a long time to return. Perhaps we will see in this (or next) window, if any long term "injury" players move on and play for their new club straight away! Pity the club can't be honest about it though, if it is contract related "injury".

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 04 Jan 2022 16:57

It would be possible with how badly we're run. But Rino should be someone we're desperate to keep and desperate to play.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 04 Jan 2022 21:58

If a pay rise clause in Rino's contract was true then hopefully the sale of just one player, be it Puscas or Rafael for example, would be enough to see us able to meet that as well as ensure we can keep Holmes signed on as well.

OLLIE KEARNS

by OLLIE KEARNS » 05 Jan 2022 09:24

YorkshireRoyal99 If a pay rise clause in Rino's contract was true then hopefully the sale of just one player, be it Puscas or Rafael for example, would be enough to see us able to meet that as well as ensure we can keep Holmes signed on as well.

This is pretty much how I see it playing out. I would expect some players to move on this month followed by a flurry of contracts being extended if players accept the terms offered given the £16m salary cap for next year. Build a young and hungry core of academy graduates and then mix in some Scott Dann type players in key positions down the spine of the side.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 05 Jan 2022 09:33

OLLIE KEARNS
YorkshireRoyal99 If a pay rise clause in Rino's contract was true then hopefully the sale of just one player, be it Puscas or Rafael for example, would be enough to see us able to meet that as well as ensure we can keep Holmes signed on as well.

This is pretty much how I see it playing out. I would expect some players to move on this month followed by a flurry of contracts being extended if players accept the terms offered given the £16m salary cap for next year. Build a young and hungry core of academy graduates and then mix in some Scott Dann type players in key positions down the spine of the side.

That would be sensible, but the club doesn't have a great history under these owners of being sensible. Luckily with both Rino and Holmes being academy graduates I can't imagine their current wages and what they would demand would be massively high.

Keeping Dann on for another season as a squad player would be good, Holmes and McIntyre realistically should now be at a stage where both should be at the heart of our defence for the next 10 years and they should be the platform for where the rest of the team is built from. Rinomhota and Tetek (if Laurent was to leave for instance) would be a fantastic base in midfield to build from and they should be completed with flair in forward areas as that would midfield would probably lack creativity, but that's where we'd need to bring in some good quality in attacking areas.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 06 Jan 2022 10:25

According to JLow - which presumably came from Pauno - Tetek and Drinkwater missed Derby because of Covid, not injury.

Joao and McIntyre both close but not likely to feature on Saturday. Nothing on the others

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 06 Jan 2022 11:05

That's positive news on both Tetek and Drinkwater so they should be in for Saturday or by the next league game at the latest all being well and hopefully Joao and McIntyre will be in the first team squad by the Fulham game, if not then a week on Saturday.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 06 Jan 2022 11:11

According to ya ITK man on twitter, Ovie isn't vaccinated and lives with 7 relatives, so has to isolate every time one of them gets covid.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 06 Jan 2022 11:19

Pepe the Horseman According to ya ITK man on twitter, Ovie isn't vaccinated and lives with 7 relatives, so has to isolate every time one of them gets covid.

excellent.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 06 Jan 2022 11:20

Pepe the Horseman According to ya ITK man on twitter, Ovie isn't vaccinated and lives with 7 relatives, so has to isolate every time one of them gets covid.

Only ITK person I follow is Eddie and he hasn't tweeted anything, who has said this?

NM, just seen it on Twitter, that account is usually pretty reliable.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 06 Jan 2022 11:25

That’s ridiculous and unsustainable going forward.

948 posts