6. Joao
  7. McIntyre
  8. Meite
  9. Moore
  10. Morrison
  11. Rinomhota
  12. Tetek
  13. Yiadom

From the above list it is hoped that Moore and Rinomhota will be available for the game with Barnsley.

Joao, Meite and now Morrison are all listed as long term, that is to say until the new year at least, you can probably add Araruna to that as the club won’t rush into things with him after his recovery.

Hoilett is still to be assessed, perhaps the reported injury with Canada may not be too serious, you never know!

Yiadom is a foot injury suffered at Cardiff.

Azeez, Holmes & McIntyre are probably the next in line to return after Moore/Rinomhota but l’m not expecting them for Barnsley or Blackpool but stranger things have happened .

Fun here isn’t it?

At best we will have ten out on Saturday. So no better than before Cardiff game. Moore is fit and hopefully Yiadom and Rinomhota will be

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Injury watch 2021/22

by andrew1957 » 14 Oct 2021 16:56

I suppose on the brightside at least Pauno has no selection dilemmas apart from at keeper. If you are fit you are in the 11!

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 14 Oct 2021 17:07

andrew1957 I suppose on the brightside at least Pauno has no selection dilemmas apart from at keeper. If you are fit you are in the 11!

With Moore and Dann both fit, the big question is what do you do with Laurent.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 14 Oct 2021 17:16

Pepe the Horseman
andrew1957 I suppose on the brightside at least Pauno has no selection dilemmas apart from at keeper. If you are fit you are in the 11!

Play him alongside Drinkwater and push TDB up the pitch.

Southwood
Yids if fit
Moore
Dann
Baba
Drinkwater
Laurent
Dele Bashiru
Swift
Ejaria
Puscas

Hopefully have Rino on the bench with Rafael being the only other senior player fit.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 14 Oct 2021 17:23

Zip
Pepe the Horseman

Play him alongside Drinkwater and push TDB up the pitch.

Southwood
Yids if fit
Moore
Dann
Baba
Drinkwater
Laurent
Dele Bashiru
Swift
Ejaria
Puscas

Hopefully have Rino on the bench with Rafael being the only other senior player fit.

Yeh I like that.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 14 Oct 2021 17:26

We're basically down the a first XI and a sub keeper, this is pretty insane.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 14 Oct 2021 17:33

Subs: Rafael, Holzman, Bristow, Osorio, Sackey, Camara, Clarke

Yikes.

Rino fit would make a big difference.

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

by Barney » 14 Oct 2021 18:39

tidus_mi2 We're basically down the a first XI and a sub keeper, this is pretty insane.

Absolutely spot on. Unfortunately, a few work colleagues of mine are not going on Saturday (they would normally go) because
they are saying "what is the point of paying full price to watch half a reserve team ?"

I don't agree with them, but in a way I can see their point.

Our injury list is the worst I have ever known.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 14 Oct 2021 19:49

Barney
tidus_mi2 We're basically down the a first XI and a sub keeper, this is pretty insane.

Absolutely spot on. Unfortunately, a few work colleagues of mine are not going on Saturday (they would normally go) because
they are saying "what is the point of paying full price to watch half a reserve team ?"

It’s nonsense to say it’s half a reserve team and now is when the team need our support. Southwood is number one on merit. If Yids is fit both our first choice full backs are starting.
You could argue Moore and Dann are our first choice centre backs. Drinkwater, Laurent, Swift and Ejaria are starters. Dele Bashiru and Puscas decent back ups.

We still have a very competitive starting line up. If Rino is fit he will be excellent back up.
We seriously cannot afford any more injuries for a few games though.

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

by Barney » 14 Oct 2021 20:41

Zip
Barney

It’s nonsense to say it’s half a reserve team and now is when the team need our support. Southwood is number one on merit. If Yids is fit both our first choice full backs are starting.
You could argue Moore and Dann are our first choice centre backs. Drinkwater, Laurent, Swift and Ejaria are starters. Dele Bashiru and Puscas decent back ups.

We still have a very competitive starting line up. If Rino is fit he will be excellent back up.

If everyone was fit, Moore and Morrison and Meite and Joao and Rino would start. Excluding keeper, that is half of our team. What did i say that was nonsense ?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 14 Oct 2021 20:58

Barney
Zip
Barney

If everyone was fit, Moore and Morrison and Meite and Joao and Rino would start. Excluding keeper, that is half of our team. What did i say that was nonsense ?

I doubt very much Rino would start. Ahead of who? Morrison ahead of a fit Dann??
Meite probably starts but it’s not guaranteed. Joao agreed. I have said it’s nonsense not you! It’s not aimed at you btw.
Even if I agreed with the four you mention that still leaves seven first team starters in the side.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 14 Oct 2021 21:16

Zip
Barney
Zip

I doubt very much Rino would start. Ahead of who? Morrison ahead of a fit Dann??
Meite probably starts but it’s not guaranteed. Joao agreed. I have said it’s nonsense not you! It’s not aimed at you btw.
Even if I agreed with the four you mention that still leaves seven first team starters in the side.

The only "reserve" on Saturday will be Puscas. Even with a fully fit squad you could make a case for the rest of them starting.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 14 Oct 2021 21:24

Pepe the Horseman
Zip
Barney

The only "reserve" on Saturday will be Puscas. Even with a fully fit squad you could make a case for the rest of them starting.

Yep.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 14 Oct 2021 23:37

Pepe the Horseman
Zip
Pepe the Horseman With Moore and Dann both fit, the big question is what do you do with Laurent.

u
Southwood
Yids if fit
Moore
Dann
Baba
Drinkwater
Laurent
Dele Bashiru
Swift
Ejaria
Puscas

Yeh I like that.

Me too

And maybe it stops Swift coming too deep

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 14 Oct 2021 23:53

I understand not going for a league Cup game knowing fit players are being rested but this is a league game with the best available XI, who have mostly been playing well.

Some who may have been reserves have played themselves into a position of not being.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 15 Oct 2021 09:24

Its a decent starting 11 certainly. Rino on the bench will help. Lack of depth and bench options is pretty scary though

Suppose the big concern, hopefully alleviated a bit by having the international break - is overloading those same players - the likes of Baba, Dann, DD aren't used to playing so regularly.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 15 Oct 2021 09:29

Barney
Zip
Barney

I’ll give you Meite and Joao. Don’t think there’s much to choose between Laurent and Rinomhota, or Dann and Morrison. Moore will start.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 15 Oct 2021 11:36

SCIAG
Barney
Zip

I’ll give you Meite and Joao. Don’t think there’s much to choose between Laurent and Rinomhota, or Dann and Morrison. Moore will start.

Decent case to argue that Laurent looks a pretty decent starter at centre back. Makes us much more comfortable playing the ball around at the back.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 15 Oct 2021 12:08

Nameless
SCIAG
Barney

Decent case to argue that Laurent looks a pretty decent starter at centre back. Makes us much more comfortable playing the ball around at the back.

Agreed, but he's also one bad game away from "GET HIM BACK IN MIDFIELD ASAP".

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 15 Oct 2021 12:09

Pepe the Horseman
Nameless
SCIAG I’ll give you Meite and Joao. Don’t think there’s much to choose between Laurent and Rinomhota, or Dann and Morrison. Moore will start.

Agreed, but he's also one bad pass away from "GET HIM BACK IN MIDFIELD ASAP".

Corrected for you.

948 posts