Out
60%

Total votes: 60
Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Pauno in or out - poll

by Lower West » 28 Aug 2021 17:42

In. Time has finally run out. The owners need a wake up call. As it's their mismanagement of the club that has brought on this situation. A complete shambles. No identity on or off the pitch.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 28 Aug 2021 17:50

If last season we played consistently well all season with signs of improvement as the season progressed ending 7th with a sudden slump this season after losing olise and Richards and the FFP trouble then yes you'd blame the situation and say we have a good man in bad circumstances.

But the honeymoon period aside we went from dodgy to outright bad towards the end of the season as we managed to go from 7pts clear of 2nd to 7pts off the playoffs and we're continuing where we left off, albeit with some mitigations this time.

The problems there clear early last season after the honeymoon.

I wouldn't moan if he went.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Aug 2021 17:54

Do have to wonder how much was a fairly decent hand that he got left with by Bowen

Seems like he brought some good togetherness and team spirit but the grit and intensity just isn’t there

I’d have Bowen back tomorrow tbh. Don’t like escapegoating but it feels to me that Moore isn’t a great influence on the pitch and his performances have been appalling this year

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 28 Aug 2021 17:56

Snowflake Royal What's Mark Bowen doing?

No thank you

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 28 Aug 2021 17:59

He needs to go as he doesn’t know what he’s doing and he’s out of his depth.

I know he’s not had much luck with injuries and the club’s financial position but I have seen some managers who can mould a team and a togetherness through adversity. His inability to learn from his mistakes is also a massive worry.

Some of the senior players should also be held accountable as I am sure that he doesn’t instruct the defence to run around like headless f*cking chickens.

I’d choose Ainsworth but as previously mentioned we can’t afford him. Jimmy Floyd could be another option or is that just desperation talking?

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 28 Aug 2021 18:01

Who the hell would come to Reading with us in this state?

Getthebeerens

by Getthebeerens » 28 Aug 2021 18:05

Undecided on this one. If he did get the boot I don’t think I’d be to upset. Equally not sure anyone else would be doing much better in the circumstances he has been dealt. I’d like to see who we sign next week and then give him 2 games after the international break to see if we get any improvement.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 28 Aug 2021 18:07

I so want him to do well. I don't want to say out but I just wonder if the trigger is gonna be pulled in the next few days.
I just the the losing mentality and confidence loss is now set in stone. I just can't see a way back. I think he has shot himself in the foot if I'm honest. Players out of position and playing Puscas as a lone striker, he just doesn't seem to learn from mistakes.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 28 Aug 2021 18:19

Ascotexgunner I so want him to do well. I don't want to say out but I just wonder if the trigger is gonna be pulled in the next few days.
I just the the losing mentality and confidence loss is now set in stone. I just can't see a way back. I think he has shot himself in the foot if I'm honest. Players out of position and playing Puscas as a lone striker, he just doesn't seem to learn from mistakes.

Yep agree with this. I want him to turn it around but this dire form goes back to March and he simply isn’t learning.The way we finished last season made me concerned about how we would fare this season.
We need to go right back to basics and be set up with Laurent and Rinomhota protecting the back four which they are absolutely not doing.

Moore also has to be dropped. He should have lost his place after the Brizzle horror show.

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 28 Aug 2021 18:28

There just doesn't seem to be any plan with him, we've known for 2 years Baldock and aluko were leaving in the summer so why were they still getting minutes even when our season was dead and buried in May. Same with Richards when we knew he was going.
Those minutes could have gone to Azeez, tetek, bristow etc and we would have had some idea whether or not they could be a proper part of the squad this year, instead we still don't really know about any of them.

We started last season well by relying on Joao being the best player in the league for 3 months, and we keep trying to play the same way regardless of his form or fitness. Don't particularly rate him but also don't think we'll end up with anyone better looking at our last 3 appointments

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Aug 2021 18:33

Zip
Ascotexgunner I so want him to do well. I don't want to say out but I just wonder if the trigger is gonna be pulled in the next few days.

Yep agree with this. I want him to turn it around but this dire form goes back to March and he simply isn’t learning.The way we finished last season made me concerned about how we would fare this season.
We need to go right back to basics and be set up with Laurent and Rinomhota protecting the back four which they are absolutely not doing.

Moore also has to be dropped. He should have lost his place after the Brizzle horror show.

Yep agree with the above

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Aug 2021 18:35

SouthDownsRoyal Who the hell would come to Reading with us in this state?

We’ve still got a decent squad pending signings coming in. Owners pretty patient and stay out things. Sure there’d be plenty keen to come

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 28 Aug 2021 19:01

Hound Do have to wonder how much was a fairly decent hand that he got left with by Bowen

Seems like he brought some good togetherness and team spirit but the grit and intensity just isn’t there

I’d have Bowen back tomorrow tbh. Don’t like escapegoating but it feels to me that Moore isn’t a great influence on the pitch and his performances have been appalling this year

This is still Bowen's playing formation when he left. There's been no progression.

We've lost Joao and the formation hasn't been adjusted to accomodate Puscas. Like under Stam there appears to be one way of playing irrespective of the personnel available.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 28 Aug 2021 19:15

How about Parky? I thought he was unlucky to lose his job at Sunderland, He does at least know how to set a team up. I for one would welcome him back.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 28 Aug 2021 19:21

Jackson Corner How about Parky? I thought he was unlucky to lose his job at Sunderland, He does at least know how to set a team up. I for one would welcome him back.

Yep would be happy with parky this time round.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 28 Aug 2021 19:40

Parky has just joined Wrexham having bought into the Hollywood project. Wrexham had over 700 fans following them at Eastleigh today. A club on the way back,

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 28 Aug 2021 19:55

Jackson Corner How about Parky? I thought he was unlucky to lose his job at Sunderland, He does at least know how to set a team up. I for one would welcome him back.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 28 Aug 2021 20:02

Orion1871

:?

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 28 Aug 2021 20:05

When we were going well last season Blackburn away we had Joao, Meite, Olise, Ejaria and Richards and 2 decent defensive coaches who as far as I am aware have not been replaced

Any surprise results like today then?

Lets sack the manager then but I guarantee no one else will do any better atm

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 28 Aug 2021 20:07

Zip Parky has just joined Wrexham having bought into the Hollywood project. Wrexham had over 700 fans following them at Eastleigh today. A club on the way back,

Good - thank god for that.

Did you watch his Bradford and Bolton sides? Quite honestly he's at his level

There's some strange love in about Parky's managerial abilities on here - seems to be based om when he charged across the pitch at the mad stad to get fans going when we had an awful side under Burns
Last edited by Mid Sussex Royal on 28 Aug 2021 20:14, edited 1 time in total.