580 posts
Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Andy Carroll

by Stranded » 16 Sep 2022 10:23

PATRIQT
CountryRoyal
PATRIQT Good news. Still very useful. I'm sure if he stays fit it'll get extended until the summer.

More like he'll go to another team again.

Lack of options at this level prior to re-joining us suggests not. If he does OK here, I can see us keeping him until next summer.

He was wanted and nearly signed for a club that just won 4-0 in the Champions League - but he "failed" the medical. If he plays decent minutes between now and late January and shows he is fit then there my well be some bigger fish than us that come calling. Of course, if we are somehow in or around the play-offs still, he (and the club) may fancy keeping him around.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Andy Carroll - He's back

by Forbury Lion » 16 Sep 2022 10:46

He's potentially available for 19 games, at a minimum baring any massive injury I would have a minimum expectation of 9 appearances and a goal every other game

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 16 Sep 2022 11:05

We've probably had it, but to celebrate his return, I've been watching Carroll's double disallowed worldies.

https://twitter.com/secondtierpod/statu ... 0609338368

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Sep 2022 12:32

Sanguine We've probably had it, but to celebrate his return, I've been watching Carroll's double disallowed worldies.

I love how the second one is so good, it makes the first one look a bit routine. :lol:

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 16 Sep 2022 13:03

Snowflake Royal
Sanguine We've probably had it, but to celebrate his return, I've been watching Carroll's double disallowed worldies.

I love how the second one is so good, it makes the first one look a bit routine. :lol:

The second one looks how I imagine Robin Friday's wonder goal to have been.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 16 Sep 2022 13:41

Sanguine
Snowflake Royal

Very similar.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 16 Sep 2022 13:56

Pepe the Horseman
Sanguine
Snowflake Royal I love how the second one is so good, it makes the first one look a bit routine. :lol:

Very similar.

My unbelievably foggy recollection is that Friday teed up the volley with an additional touch on his thigh, but other than that (and the fact that the Tranmere keeper was actually trying to save it) very similar

Lux, help me out here
Last edited by Franchise FC on 16 Sep 2022 13:56, edited 1 time in total.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Andy Carroll

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 16 Sep 2022 13:56

Stranded
PATRIQT
CountryRoyal
More like he'll go to another team again.

Lack of options at this level prior to re-joining us suggests not. If he does OK here, I can see us keeping him until next summer.

He was wanted and nearly signed for a club that just won 4-0 in the Champions League - but he "failed" the medical. If he plays decent minutes between now and late January and shows he is fit then there my well be some bigger fish than us that come calling. Of course, if we are somehow in or around the play-offs still, he (and the club) may fancy keeping him around.

A lot of us keeping him on will depend on what happens to Moore in early Jan I think. Unless someone else does come along with a massive offer, I can imagine he'd end up staying with us until at least the EOS, just because of what happened with West Brom last season. He should be a really good asset for us though.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 16 Sep 2022 15:23

Really happy to have him back. One of the bright spots of last season and someone who we can be sure cares. Should actually fit in better this season based on most of what we’ve seen so far.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 16 Sep 2022 17:52

Suspect these 2 short term deals are us having to work our restrictions to the max. We could probably have had 1 of the 2 for a full season but not both. Come January we may have found more room in the budget, or decide one of the Liam players is not staying. I also think it makes sense to have as strong a squad as possible now and get the points in the bank.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 05 Nov 2022 22:57

Pepe the Horseman
paultheroyal As a starter we will get 19 games out of him - or 19 that he is available for. Help us get 8 wins out of that we will be pretty close to safe. Great news.

That'll be 7 more wins than we managed last time he was here.

Not looking great so far. How many have we got left?

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 06 Nov 2022 00:36

RIP Big Ern who started the thread.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 17 Jun 2023 12:19

This has come up again on Twitter today when someone suggested AC becoming player manager (!) -

In the last game of the season Andy didn't play. According to Noel he was rested as he'd been playing with a hernia and it was a meaningless game.

However, there were rumours at the time that he'd simply not turned up to training or the match (not to be confused with João)

Where do we think the truth lies?

I'm sure Andy was one of the few players to actually Tweet after relegation.

Also do we think Carroll is likely to trigger his release clause like Ince and Sarr?

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 17 Jun 2023 12:46

morganb This has come up again on Twitter today when someone suggested AC becoming player manager (!) -

In the last game of the season Andy didn't play. According to Noel he was rested as he'd been playing with a hernia and it was a meaningless game.

However, there were rumours at the time that he'd simply not turned up to training or the match (not to be confused with João)

Also do we think Carroll is likely to trigger his release clause like Ince and Sarr?

If the past couple of weeks tell us anything then the truth lies nowhere near Twitter.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 17 Jun 2023 16:35

Yesss....He will be our plan A,B,C,D.....for the new, shit, never heard of, never managed in England, never managed for years, never achieved anything Manager.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 17 Jun 2023 18:35

morganb This has come up again on Twitter today when someone suggested AC becoming player manager (!) -

Hmm. Noel Hunt or twitter rumours, that's difficult :roll:

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 31 Aug 2023 17:15

We can confirm that striker Andy Carroll has triggered a release clause in his contract to terminate his deal with the Royals with immediate effect.

We would like to thank Andy for his contribution to the club and wish him the very best of luck in his next challenge

https://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/2023/a ... -contract/

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 31 Aug 2023 17:29

Right decision. Hope we can bring another ST in on loan.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 31 Aug 2023 17:30

WestYorksRoyal Right decision. Hope we can bring another ST in on loan.

Can't help but feel the title of this thread should be amended.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 31 Aug 2023 17:50

Cheers Andy. Good luck.

580 posts