Out of Contract 2022

1018 posts
Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Out of Contract 2022

by Orion1871 » 24 Jun 2022 23:16

gazzer, loyal royal Understand Rinos contract demands were completely unrealistic. Asked for parity with Puscas which we simply couldn’t do.

Bearing in mind how much the club did when he was out with the ankle injury, I think we deserved more

He certainly has confidence in his ability if those were his demands.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 25 Jun 2022 07:40

Linden Jones' Tash
gazzer, loyal royal Understand Rinos contract demands were completely unrealistic. Asked for parity with Puscas which we simply couldn’t do.

Bearing in mind how much the club did when he was out with the ankle injury, I think we deserved more

So asking for a package outside the EFL business plan parameters..?

Ie basically asking for us to be docked 6 points...

This is what happens when you over pay mediocrity. It puts your low paid better performers nose out of joint. Especially when they know they can get it elsewhere.

We were obligated to look after Rino when injured, he doesn’t owe us anything extra for that.

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 25 Jun 2022 07:53

Getthebeerens
Notts Royal Lots of cry-babies on Twitter pulling out the loyalty card.

Think about it from Rino, Laurent & Swift’s positions - can’t have enjoyed being part of a club with a losing mentality for several seasons, they’re entering their prime years & will want a shot at promotion. All 3 of those clubs have a greater chance of achieving that than here at Reading.

Is Yiadom more loyal? He’s 30, will not improve significantly & will have had less offers on the table. Rarely spoken about outside of the club unlike Swift & Laurent, so not rated at highly.

I love the fact he’s signed but is he more loyal than the others, or are they just in a different stage of their careers to him?

Undoubtedly if we were in a strong position, we’d be picking players off them instead

If Rinomhota, Laurent and Swift didn’t like being part of a losing mentality they could of tried doing something about it. I’m sure our defence would of appreciated some help last season.

Good luck to them will be interesting to see how they do at other clubs. What we now need is players committed to the club.

What we need now is players to get us through the season. We aren’t in the position to sign young & hungry players who will commit to the club. If we fill the squad with those types, we won’t have any experience & will go down.

Every team needs a blend, and what we need right now is experience.

You could say those 3 are committed to wanting to actually achieve something in their careers rather than staying at a sinking ship

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 26 Jun 2022 17:48

Zip
Hound
Snowflake Royal Pray for Paul

Not sure that tells us anything we didn’t know. A) other clubs will want him and b) he hasn’t signed with us yet

I’m not fussed. He is already injury prone. He can’t last a couple of games without getting injured.

Yeah I'm not massively concerned by Azeez. Plenty of potential there for sure and had a good purple patch early in the season before his injury but still a young kid, who may thrive, but might not.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 26 Jun 2022 18:08

Amazing how many suddenly aren't fussed about certain players. You were lauding them a few months ago when you thought they'd be staying. Fickle.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 26 Jun 2022 18:41

NathStPaul Amazing how many suddenly aren't fussed about certain players. You were lauding them a few months ago when you thought they'd be staying. Fickle.

I have been saying for a number of months that Azeez is injury prone and also lacks composure

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 26 Jun 2022 18:45

….and still nobody is listening to you, you gibbering old wreck

Welsh an’all

:wink: j i c

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 26 Jun 2022 19:10

NathStPaul Amazing how many suddenly aren't fussed about certain players. You were lauding them a few months ago when you thought they'd be staying. Fickle.

The only player I was genuinely fussed about was Swift who was inevitably going to leave anyway, along with Joao potentially should he go. Some of the others I'd have been happy to keep, Hoilett and Laurent for example, but hardly going to burst into tears now they've gone (providing Hoilett does leave that is).

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Jun 2022 19:26

Zip

I have been saying for a number of months that Azeez is injury prone and also lacks composure

Looked outstanding start of the season, then struggled to stay fit and make an impact.

I don't think you can put much blame on him for the injuries just yet, given the absolute shambles our injury record was.

Would definitely want him to sign, but of the youngsters, bit more excited by Camara.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 26 Jun 2022 19:28

Snowflake Royal
Zip

Looked outstanding start of the season, then struggled to stay fit and make an impact.

I don't think you can put much blame on him for the injuries just yet, given the absolute shambles our injury record was.

Would definitely want him to sign, but of the youngsters, bit more excited by Camara.

Camara, Dorsett and maybe even Scott could be important for us.
After a bright start last season I was disappointed with Azeez when he played albeit it wasn't very often

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 26 Jun 2022 19:37

Isn’t the other way round with you saying you wanted all these players gone and then suddenly you think they’ll be massively missed now they’ve gone elsewhere?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 26 Jun 2022 19:51

Hound

Isn’t the other way round with you saying you wanted all these players gone and then suddenly you think they’ll be massively missed now they’ve gone elsewhere?

Well quite

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 26 Jun 2022 20:09

The two outstanding individuals from the group, Swift and Joao, are who I'd have definitely wanted to stay. The rest could have stayed or gone for all I'm concerned. Probably Yiadom another who I'd have wanted to keep as well due to winning POTS and being quite "consistent" last year, or just better than bad, in our leaky defence, but I'd have got over it if he didn't sign.

Laurent and Rino have gone to Stoke and Cardiff, we've hardly lost out on irreplaceable players and evidently aren't that good if they've been playing in our side for the last 12 months and where they've just moved to as well. Pretty good Championship players, but not great, which I think can be said for most first team players on our books currently, albeit the few we have left.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 26 Jun 2022 20:13

Hound

Of course in an ideal world we would be replacing those players from the past season who failed us.

What you're failing to realise/in denial about is that we won't be able to replace them with players anywhere near as good thus making us even weaker.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 26 Jun 2022 20:28

NathStPaul
Hound

Of course in an ideal world we would be replacing those players from the past season who failed us.

What you're failing to realise/in denial about is that we won't be able to replace them with players anywhere near as good thus making us even weaker.

We’re you failing to realise/in denial about what situation we’d find ourselves in the summer when you were saying get rid of them all then?

Been inevitable for months that most of the oocs would leave. Thought yiadom and Holmes would be joining them tbh

I’d imagine there are players out there available who are far better

Finding them won’t be easy of course but it is possible. Probably loan market is best bet

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 26 Jun 2022 21:23

NathStPaul
Hound

The decisions were not in the clubs' hands though, it was with the players. They were out of contract.

If we had sold both Laurent and Rino, for example, knowing we couldn't invest/invest very little and end up with inadequate replacements then that would be down to the club and recruitment, but the decision was with the players, not us. We knew full well at the start of the season that there was a very real chance of all these players leaving, as mentioned below it's a bit of a blessing that we've managed to tie down Holmes and Yiadom currently along with some very promising U23 talents as well.

We have to see what's available really, the loan market may be our best bet. But if we were to end up with someone like Korey Smith, for example, as a replacement for Rino, I don't think that's much of a downgrade in all honesty and his wage demands will have been less than Rino's if we did manage to bring him in.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Jun 2022 21:38

Of all the out of contract players I most wanted Swift (totally unrealistic), Rinomhota and Camara to stay.

Laurent, Yiadom, Holmes, Azeez and Hoilett would be fine, but not desperate.

Swift is obviously the standout player. Rinomhota is the sort of good honest hardworking consistently 7/10 player we need through our spine. He's an academy graduate and just really likeable too. And Camara is an exciting young talent.

Laurent is quality, but just hasn't really found his role in the side. Holmes is possibly one slow centreback too many, Yiadom is good, but I wonder if his approach quite fits with the squad we have, Azeez is a talent but is struggling to come back from injury and Hoilett is just solid.

Losing our three first choice central midfielders in one window is a hell of a blow to recover from.

As usual, the ones I actively want to see go for various reasons are mostly the ones we're stuck with, bar a transfer. Dann, Moore, Ejaria, Puscas... the exceptions being Drinkwater and Nyland who are gone.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 26 Jun 2022 23:45

Next season is an important one for Ejaria. I would like to see him play in an advanced central role instead of playing wider. Time to deliver. He has the ability but not the end product. We need goals and plenty of assists from him next season. He has to deliver.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 27 Jun 2022 08:47

Zip Next season is an important one for Ejaria. I would like to see him play in an advanced central role instead of playing wider. Time to deliver. He has the ability but not the end product. We need goals and plenty of assists from him next season. He has to deliver.

Yeah I don't think he's a wide player, he'd be far better off operating centrally for me personally. Good feet with the ball so would be able to get through tight spaces or potentially draw fouls in dangerous areas and possibly create from there as well.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 27 Jun 2022 08:49

Snowflake Royal Of all the out of contract players I most wanted Swift (totally unrealistic), Rinomhota and Camara to stay.

Laurent, Yiadom, Holmes, Azeez and Hoilett would be fine, but not desperate.

Swift is obviously the standout player. Rinomhota is the sort of good honest hardworking consistently 7/10 player we need through our spine. He's an academy graduate and just really likeable too. And Camara is an exciting young talent.

Laurent is quality, but just hasn't really found his role in the side. Holmes is possibly one slow centreback too many, Yiadom is good, but I wonder if his approach quite fits with the squad we have, Azeez is a talent but is struggling to come back from injury and Hoilett is just solid.

Losing our three first choice central midfielders in one window is a hell of a blow to recover from.

As usual, the ones I actively want to see go for various reasons are mostly the ones we're stuck with, bar a transfer. Dann, Moore, Ejaria, Puscas... the exceptions being Drinkwater and Nyland who are gone.

I'd have liked to have kept one midfielder (Swift) for the sake of continuity (and quality in this case) but I knew Swift wouldn't be realistic and I wasn't too bothered about either of Laurent or Rino. Unfortunately, losing both of them doesn't take a significant amount off our wage bill which is what I'd hope for in departing players this season, but that obviously won't be the case for everyone.

1018 posts