Out of Contract 2022

1018 posts
Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Out of Contract 2022

by Notts Royal » 23 Jun 2022 22:53

royalsroyalsroyals92 I'm really surprised at the ambivalence on here from some about losing Rino.

He works hard, brings energy, bursts forward, has a willingness to tackle and to get the ball and move it on and has been sacrificed to play in many different positions. He may never be a 'star man', but he's always consistent, good and over the season will average higher than most if we want to go for ratings out of 10 per game.

I hope I'm wrong but I don't think replacing him will be possible at all with our wage structure/ transfer situation and he's one I'd push the limits to sign.

Put much better than I was trying to say! Exactly the type of player you need in a relegation battle.

Lots of comments on Twitter about these players making sideways moves…but I expect at least West Brom & Stoke will be top half this season & Cardiff will be fine.

We have to accept we are a bottom 6 club again this season & that those destinations are more attractive than staying at a club that’s demonstrated so much instability recently.

All thanks to Mr Dai

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 23 Jun 2022 23:01

royalsroyalsroyals92 I'm really surprised at the ambivalence on here from some about losing Rino.

He works hard, brings energy, bursts forward, has a willingness to tackle and to get the ball and move it on and has been sacrificed to play in many different positions. He may never be a 'star man', but he's always consistent, good and over the season will average higher than most if we want to go for ratings out of 10 per game.

I hope I'm wrong but I don't think replacing him will be possible at all with our wage structure/ transfer situation and he's one I'd push the limits to sign.

Totally agree with you. I don't think some fans really have an idea of how bad things will be this season. We are losing the core of our team and replacing them either will youngsters that are not ready or other clubs cast offs. Ince managed to JUST save us with all those players he will have no chance now. We will have the weakest team we have ever put out since we got into the championship. Thanks a bunch to the previous owners and management for ruining our club

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 23 Jun 2022 23:11

Snowflake Royal Rino played less than half the games last season for those blaming him for how bad our midfield was.

You mean like you blamed Moore for our poor defence and Ejaria for our blunt attack! Believe both those started less than half the games, certainly Moore

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 23 Jun 2022 23:14

paddy20

Totally agree with you. I don't think some fans really have an idea of how bad things will be this season. We are losing the core of our team and replacing them either will youngsters that are not ready or other clubs cast offs. Ince managed to JUST save us with all those players he will have no chance now. We will have the weakest team we have ever put out since we got into the championship. Thanks a bunch to the previous owners and management for ruining our club

We all know it’s going to be a real struggle. We just have to hope we can get some good loan signings and some quality freebies. If we don’t we will go down.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 23 Jun 2022 23:19

NathStPaul Not sure why anyone is happy to lose them, especially for nothing.

Think you’re running away with something that just isn’t there. Can’t see anyone who’s “happy to lose them”

I like Rinomhota and would have been content with him staying but his influence has waned season on season and given the predicament we’re in, it isn’t the end of the world. There’s always potential for others to step up

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 24 Jun 2022 00:09

URZZZZ

Think you’re running away with something that just isn’t there. Can’t see anyone who’s “happy to lose them”

I like Rinomhota and would have been content with him staying but his influence has waned season on season and given the predicament we’re in, it isn’t the end of the world. There’s always potential for others to step up

Step up from where ?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 24 Jun 2022 00:14

Lower West
URZZZZ

Step up from where ?

Depends who we bring in. Let’s see what happens in the weeks ahead.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 24 Jun 2022 06:31

Forest and Hudders got the play off final on the back of decent loanees. It’s possible to find them

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 24 Jun 2022 08:12

Now being mentioned that Rino could be going to QPR. I would rather he was staying but I just hope he makes his mind up today so that the club can move on and search for a replacement. I am hoping for Korey Smith.

Luton have proved that if you can get some of these older players fit you can end up with a decent player. Cameron Jerome was a good example of that last season.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 24 Jun 2022 08:17

URZZZZ
Snowflake Royal Rino played less than half the games last season for those blaming him for how bad our midfield was.

You mean like you blamed Moore for our poor defence and Ejaria for our blunt attack! Believe both those started less than half the games, certainly Moore

No, not like that. Because I didn’t do that.

I blamed Moore for being a bad defender, bad captain and a financial millstone around our neck. I blamed the coaching and midfield for our poor defending as much as anything.

And I blamed Ejaria for not delivering end product, not our whole attack. Our attack wasn't very blunt. It was mid-table.

Nice try at making things up to strawman.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 24 Jun 2022 08:47

Lower West
URZZZZ

Step up from where ?

I think Tetek is the example here. Has been in and around the first team squad for a while now, tough season last season (as in the team) and has an injury or two but could potentially slot into the midfield I reckon and not do worse than what we had for most of last season.

McIntyre may be another who could fill the void in midfield as well who has proven he is capable enough in that role in the limited time he's been there.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 24 Jun 2022 09:05

I said losing both Rino and Laurent would be devastating. Having 4 strangers (to begin with) playing in front of young CBs will be tough. In the long run it should be fine, but start on a bad run and watch morale drop like a stone.
With all the restrictions in place, its another player we have to replace. My eyes we now need 4 centre mids. Its a tough task even if we had the funds. I cant see us getting more than 2 loans in CM as we probably want to loan a LB, possibly a CB and with Lumley already taking a spot.
So that leaves getting 2 adequate midfielders on a free....its going to be tough and will hope to be proven wrong. It could be a trade off - lose Laurent gain Ince. Lose Rino gain ?? we just dont know what his wage demand was.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 24 Jun 2022 09:30

YorkshireRoyal99
Lower West
URZZZZ

Step up from where ?

I think Tetek is the example here. Has been in and around the first team squad for a while now, tough season last season (as in the team) and has an injury or two but could potentially slot into the midfield I reckon and not do worse than what we had for most of last season.

McIntyre may be another who could fill the void in midfield as well who has proven he is capable enough in that role in the limited time he's been there.

Obssession with McIntyre in midfield. :roll:

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 24 Jun 2022 09:31

Coppells Lost Coat I said losing both Rino and Laurent would be devastating. Having 4 strangers (to begin with) playing in front of young CBs will be tough. In the long run it should be fine, but start on a bad run and watch morale drop like a stone.
With all the restrictions in place, its another player we have to replace. My eyes we now need 4 centre mids. Its a tough task even if we had the funds. I cant see us getting more than 2 loans in CM as we probably want to loan a LB, possibly a CB and with Lumley already taking a spot.
So that leaves getting 2 adequate midfielders on a free....its going to be tough and will hope to be proven wrong. It could be a trade off - lose Laurent gain Ince. Lose Rino gain ?? we just dont know what his wage demand was.

Thought you’re talking like our midfield was good last year. It wasn’t, in the main it was pretty bad

Adequate midfielders would be fine and no different to what Rino and Laurent were for most of the past 2 years

It shouldn’t be 4 strangers. It’s likely to be Tetek, Ejaria, Meite, Ince +1 I reckon.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 24 Jun 2022 09:35

Hound
Coppells Lost Coat I said losing both Rino and Laurent would be devastating. Having 4 strangers (to begin with) playing in front of young CBs will be tough. In the long run it should be fine, but start on a bad run and watch morale drop like a stone.

Thought you’re talking like our midfield was good last year. It wasn’t, in the main it was pretty bad

Adequate midfielders would be fine and no different to what Rino and Laurent were for most of the past 2 years

It shouldn’t be 4 strangers. It’s likely to be Tetek, Ejaria, Meite, Ince +1 I reckon.

That's taking liberties with positions.

We play 3 midfielders, not including wide players. You need more than the ones starting. Our central midfield will be strangers.

Tetek, New Player
New Player

Sub: New Player.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 24 Jun 2022 09:36

Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99
Lower West

Step up from where ?

Obssession with McIntyre in midfield. :roll:

It's not an obsession, it's an option currently seen as we have very few players who can fill that position at the moment, but he is one who can. Not suggesting he is the answer long-term, but can do a job for now.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 24 Jun 2022 09:38

Snowflake Royal
Hound

That's taking liberties with positions.

We play 3 midfielders, not including wide players. You need more than the ones starting. Our central midfield will be strangers.

Tetek, New Player
New Player

Sub: New Player.

Ejaria’s the CAM surely. So it’s one new player ahead of the CBs (sounds a fair chance it’ll be Dann + 1) . And the two wide mids likely Meite and Ince (who don’t exactly hug the touchline). Or maybe Hoilett will come back still

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 24 Jun 2022 10:02

Theres an assumption of formations there. Tetek is a stranger to championship football - yes he has minutes but no real experience. To Run a 46 game campaign, you need 5 CM in any formation you play. Ejaria was an oversight by me as he has been used wide left mostly since he been here, Meite and Ince or even Hoilett dont play in the middle. So we still need 3 adequate midfielders to come in.

Losing your 2 starting CMs should be seen as a negative, especially as they have gone to teams in the same division - some say sideways move. So those players were seen as good enough for the league.
I am annoyed we lost both, now wishing for rabbits pulled out the hat for replacements...I am sceptical of who we can attract that is better.
As always I am hopeful that my scepticism is proven wildly wrong.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 24 Jun 2022 10:10

Ince could certainly play CAM as well, and sure he has played there a fair bit

It’s not massively different to last year where DD and TDB came in and played plenty. And Semedo and Laurent the season before

No doubts it’s a concern to have lost those two but not a huge one for me. rino barely played last season anyway

Linden Jones' Tash

by Linden Jones' Tash » 24 Jun 2022 10:24

Nobody really knows.

Given the situation last season and the position we ended up in, a refreshed squad was always on the cards.

The alchemy of why team perform or not isn't predictable and the 'better players' hardly covered themselves in glory during the 200% wages/revenue years.

We just need to survive, while hopefully showing commitment and graft so that the fans can see themselves represented in the team.

1018 posts