BFTG - QPR

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFTG - QPR

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Sep 2021 17:30

Tbh I thought QPR looked like a fairly average team full of confidence from a good start.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 14 Sep 2021 10:00

Lower West
AthleticoSpizz ....and the ‘opinions’ were what when at 3-1 up?

QPR are a decent team this season

A point won (two points lost)...chill

Stefan Johansen was the complete central midfielder that we lack. The engine of their team. Glued the parts together. Never stopped moving. Why they always posed a threat.

I don't think our midfield lacked anything and I couldn't ask for a better midfield, except Hal (but he did that great assist). We scored 3 very decent goals and were very capable of looking dangerous. I don't feel they really posed any more of a threat than we did. I stick to my review that were were actually quite good. Their goals came from silly defending and lapses in concentration and effort.

Our frailties are pretty much 100% defensive unit and mentality.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 14 Sep 2021 17:35

Millsy
Lower West
AthleticoSpizz ....and the ‘opinions’ were what when at 3-1 up?

QPR are a decent team this season

A point won (two points lost)...chill

Stefan Johansen was the complete central midfielder that we lack. The engine of their team. Glued the parts together. Never stopped moving. Why they always posed a threat.

I don't think our midfield lacked anything and I couldn't ask for a better midfield, except Hal (but he did that great assist). We scored 3 very decent goals and were very capable of looking dangerous. I don't feel they really posed any more of a threat than we did. I stick to my review that were were actually quite good. Their goals came from silly defending and lapses in concentration and effort.

Our frailties are pretty much 100% defensive unit and mentality.

If we could retain possession better further up the field then the defence would be under less pressure.....

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 14 Sep 2021 18:13

If you watch one of QPR's goals, I forget which 2nd?, on the highlights, it shows some of the problems stem from midfield.

Swift places no pressure on the ball and doesn't track back well. There's no midfield line anywhere in sight. I think Ejaria and Laurent both fail to press the ball or track back effectively. I don't think I saw TDB in shot.

Gray literally runs a ring around Moore who gets dragged in to cover Rahman, Morrison has got left behind in the retreat and Yiadom can't get across.

As I see it, we have three major problems when it comes to conceding.

1) the defensive set piece strategy is poorly implemented and easily defeated
2) defenders are making too many unforced errors and aren't in an organised position, linking to each other
3) Our defensive midfield and wide players are playing too high and committing too forward too much, leaving loads of space to run at the defence and just not screening them on breaks.

2 you can work on with changing up some personnel. 1 might be helped by changing personnel, but sorting out 3 should help 3 and 2.