BFTG - QPR

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFTG - QPR

by Zip » 12 Sep 2021 14:58

Snowflake Royal
Zip Rafael. At what does he get criticised for the disorganisation from set pieces?

When it's a problem with the wall, otherwise it's not really his call IMO.

Surely he has to be involved in conversations about the number of times players are going unmarked at the back post. He can see it happening. Hard to believe with the experience of Moore, Morrison, Rafael and Yiadom that this keeps happening.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 12 Sep 2021 15:04

Zip
Snowflake Royal
Zip Rafael. At what does he get criticised for the disorganisation from set pieces?

Surely he has to be involved in conversations about the number of times players are going unmarked at the back post. He can see it happening. Hard to believe with the experience of Moore, Morrison, Rafael and Yiadom that this keeps happening.

Rafael has been poor generally this year imo. Certainly doesn’t organise well.

yuomi

by yuomi » 12 Sep 2021 15:31

Couple of words on the equaliser.

Morro runs off the pitch and stays there for >5 seconds spectating rather than trying to get back into the thick of it. Could have easily strode inside the post and blocked the final shot. Just stands there like a statue.

Rather than sliding to block, Holmes does some sort of a crazy somersault, taking himself out and opening up space for the shot.

I'm not a defender, but can anyone come up with reasonable explanations for either of these?

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 12 Sep 2021 15:34

Zip
Snowflake Royal

This is the crux of it. 3 out of 4 of the defence have been captains FFS. Shocking.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 12 Sep 2021 15:55

yuomi Couple of words on the equaliser.

Morro runs off the pitch and stays there for >5 seconds spectating rather than trying to get back into the thick of it. Could have easily strode inside the post and blocked the final shot. Just stands there like a statue.

Rather than sliding to block, Holmes does some sort of a crazy somersault, taking himself out and opening up space for the shot.

I'm not a defender, but can anyone come up with reasonable explanations for either of these?

The only reason I could come up with for Morrison staying off the pitch is if him coming back on would be playing a QPR player onside?

CavershamRoyal

by CavershamRoyal » 12 Sep 2021 16:09

morganb

The only reason I could come up with for Morrison staying off the pitch is if him coming back on would be playing a QPR player onside?

If you're off the pitch, you're counted as being on the touchline for the purposes of the offside law (so you can't play opponents offside by exiting the field of play).

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 12 Sep 2021 16:10

Yep the Holmes somersault in totally the wrong direction has thrown me as well. Bizarre

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 12 Sep 2021 16:28

Put it down to fatigue and just utter panic. There's no composure or assurance back there. None of them can trust each other to do the right thing or be in the right place

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 12 Sep 2021 19:25

Well I’d have taken a draw before the game and I thought some of our football was pretty good in the second half. However, even when we were 3 - 1 up I had no belief we’d win the game. Our defence looked like the life had been sucked out of them towards the end. I hope Dann can add some much needed calmness when he’s fit.

If we lose to Peterborough Pauno has to go in my opinion.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 12 Sep 2021 20:12

....and the ‘opinions’ were what when at 3-1 up?

QPR are a decent team this season

A point won (two points lost)...chill

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 12 Sep 2021 20:34

It isn’t just about our defence, Midfielders need to be doing a lot better. Ejaria made no effort to track back in the build up to their second goal. As a result the ball reached Adomah far too easily.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 12 Sep 2021 20:35

AthleticoSpizz ....and the ‘opinions’ were what when at 3-1 up?

Sheer surprise that we were two ahead and thinking we would get at least a point but still far from convinced we were going to win.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 12 Sep 2021 21:22

Papering over the cracks with an exceptionally rare Swift hattrick and we still looked like we could concede at any moment and weren't safe until final whistle.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 12 Sep 2021 22:26

Zip
Snowflake Royal

Was Ejaria that totally lost the man for the first goal watching the footage. Ball watching I'd say.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 12 Sep 2021 22:31

Absolutely i've just noticed this studying the replays, didn't see it at the time, and just commented on it on the Pauno Out thread.

Also goal 2 he seemed to be sort of nowhere near the goalscorer somehow... not sure if he's just lost his energy now?

Very odd behaviour. Surely just coming on and standing somewhere on the goalline in that scrap would've been reasonable. Holmes and Moore were running around like headless chickens during that little passage trying to keep the ball out. They couldn't have tried harder. Morro was standing off the pitch texting his mates while picking his nose just waiting for the ball to go in before flapping his arms. Not the sign of someone desperate to keep a winnign score.

Donny Ironside
Hob Nob Regular

by Donny Ironside » 13 Sep 2021 09:21

Really dissapointing but good game to be at

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 13 Sep 2021 10:07

Stefan Johansen was the complete central midfielder that we lack. The engine of their team. Glued the parts together. Never stopped moving. Why they always posed a threat.

Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

by Whore Jackie » 13 Sep 2021 13:00

Surprised no-one's mentioned Moore's ridiculous free kick at 3-2. Just conceded, QPR taken more of a foothold, we're desperate to keep the ball and waste some time and he punts it miles over everyone, straight out for a goal kick. Pauno went absolutely ballistic.

You could perhaps excuse some of his football limitations if he was a decent captain, but that was just piss-poor from every perspective.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 13 Sep 2021 13:04

Lower West

Stefan Johansen was the complete central midfielder that we lack. The engine of their team. Glued the parts together. Never stopped moving. Why they always posed a threat.

he was bit shit when we were pulling them apart all over the place second half tbf

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 13 Sep 2021 14:20

Hound
Lower West

he was bit shit when we were pulling them apart all over the place second half tbf

This really - thought he only looked decent in the last 10 after we decided to sit back - if he hadn't have scored not sure anyone would even have mentioned him.