BFTG - QPR

104 posts
John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

BFTG - QPR

by John Madejski's Wallet » 11 Sep 2021 17:44

Where to start other than saying I've had it with this sodding manager. His in game management is baffling. Taking off a very dangerous Puscas, leaving no'one up front and sitting back. Fukk off

That said, three very good goals today and I was really pleased at Puscas' performance and boy have we missed Ejaria.

Zonal marking. Pffffft.

Took a friend today and it's depressing that as QPR got that free kick I said that we keep conceeding from crap, floated crosses that are knocked back across the goal. Lo and behold. :| :| :|

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: BFTG - QPR

by Brogue » 11 Sep 2021 17:53

Pauno out.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 11 Sep 2021 17:53

40 minute walk home gave me the chance to cool down but I'm still fcuking fuming , that second half was the best we`ve played this season, power energy pressing , deserved 3-1 lead . step forward Pauno you fcuking dick, Puscas was playing well occupying their CBs, so take him off and let them have the free run from the back.
Shocking management, I mean SHOCKING!!!

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 11 Sep 2021 17:55

I walked back to town to calm down. Currently in the Allied Arms.

Prolly a fair result, but not after being 3-1 up…..
Disagree with JMW, or at least re Puskas and Ejaria. I love Ejaria but he was dead on his feet second half. At 3-1 we need Rihonmota to replace him.

Puscas did his best, but needs to score.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 11 Sep 2021 17:57

Swift was constantly coaching and directing Puscas.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 11 Sep 2021 17:57

WE WERE GOOD!
Excellent display I thought, really really enjoyed watching that!
Ok yes yes disappointing ending, AWFUL flipping substitution, totally defies belief. Hal was utter SHITE since his assist and Puscas was arguably the best player and was putting them on the backfoot. Just unbelievably inept from Pauno.

BUT

What a game! High flying QPR against lowly Reading and in fairness we should have won. Ridiculous defending for 1st 2 goals – no one taking the guy running behind the defence, and no one picking up their scorer for the second – wtf was Morro doing?? If it wasn’t for that we were just more dangerous overall IMO.

Rafa – 6. Good saves, couldn’t do much about the goals. As ever he’s an average keeper overall. Average score.

Yiadom – 6. Difficult one – should range from 4-8. Some excellent efforts but also some real shite. I’m hoping as he settles in that position now we've got a LB he’ll get his confidence and form back.

Moore – 6. Seemed actually quite solid but when you’re in the heart of a defence that leaks 3 I’m sorry you’re not getting more than 6.

Morro – 6. Tempted to give 5 as I felt he was nowhere for their second goal (might feel differently when I see replays) but did some good stuff too so 6 alongside Moore, I'm not going to scapegoat any particular defender as it's the system that's the problem.

Rahman – 7.5 Yes I think he was brilliant. Defensively and going forward nicking the ball off them and rushing forward. Actually putting in a great cross or two. Reminds of the impact Matty Robinson had when Parj brought him in when we crying out for a LB.

Laurent – 8 Really very good all over the pitch. Great stuff

Bashiru – 7. I’d have given him a 9 for his phenomenal attacking threat but dropping down to 7 because he also seemed to give the ball away a few times with some sloppiness, which put huge pressure on us.

Swift – 7.5 How can he get less than Laurent after the hat trick? I dunno, I didn’t even notice him in the game until he got that first goal. Laurent was just class the whole game for me.

Ejaria – 7.5 Love the guy. We’ve really missed him. Not just attacking, but even his daddy longlegs sticking out and nicking balls as usual. As ever usual issues with hesitancy but I see QPR felt the need to have 3-4 men swarming in on him asap freeing up Swift to score his hat-trick.

Hal – 6. I started off thinking he was great then an AMAZING ball to swift for the first and I thought we have a real good player on our hands. Some brilliant energy, doing some great things, reminds me a bit of Hunt. BUT then he fell apart. No testicles, no pace. Great ball aside I’ve not seen enough to want him to start again, sorry.

Puscas – 8. He was just great. Yeah his finishing was just off, but he really did start growing into the game and was looking very dangerous.

Holmes -n/a, did alright I guess. Although we didn’t hold onto the lead did we.

Pauno – meh. Happy with the starting lineup, happy generally with his signings under tough circumstances. A MUCH MUCH better performance and we’re looking dangerous now. Almost/should have beaten high flying QPR quietening the gobby London pcunts? Come on! But I don’t know really… that substitution was literally the worst thing you could possibly do short of perhaps bringing on an outfield player for a keeper. Absolutely mind-boggling, which is what we’ve come to expect now from Pauno. How is he persistently unable to see what everyone else can? Defending – two ridiculous goals to concede. What has he done to fix this ? Ok so we’ve got Dan now, so I won’t be too harsh. I won’t echo everyone’s thoughts on the zonal bullshit. Just heard his post match interview and he's stubbornly sticking to it. Hope that works out well for you Pauno good luck buddy! Food for thought - we (me included) knock Pauno for the ridiculous substitution, that's on him, but who do you think talked to them at half time turning them from a team on the backfoot to a team going 3-1 up against a very good QPR side? Pauno did that. Give him a bit more of a chance.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 11 Sep 2021 17:57

Three wonderful goals from Swift, thank god we have him.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 11 Sep 2021 18:01

Surprised at the Puscas ratings tbh. I do want him to do well, and, for yet another home game, he was feeding off scraps, but he had the chances to score.

MoM can only be Swift.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 11 Sep 2021 18:03

Thought Hal was very good tbh.
There was enough there today to suggest we will soon be climbing the table.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 11 Sep 2021 18:06

Millsy WE WERE GOOD!
Ok yes yes disappointing ending, AWFUL flipping substitution, totally defies belief. Hal was utter SHITE since his assist and Puscas was arguably the best player and was putting them on the backfoot. Just unbelievably inept from Pauno.

BUT

What a game! High flying QPR against lowly Reading and in fairness we should have won. Ridiculous defending for 1st 2 goals – no one taking the guy running behind the defence, and no one picking up their scorer for the second – wtf was Morro doing?? If it wasn’t for that we were just more dangerous overall IMO.

Rafa – 6. Good saves, couldn’t do much about the goals. As ever he’s an average keeper overall. Average score.

Yiadom – 6. Difficult one – should range from 4-8. Some excellent efforts but also some real shite. I’m hoping as he settles in that position now we've got a LB he’ll get his confidence and form back.

Moore – 6. Seemed actually quite solid but when you’re in the heart of a defence that leaks 3 I’m sorry you’re not getting more than 6.

Morro – 6. Tempted to give 5 as I felt he was nowhere for their second goal (might feel differently when I see replays) but did some good stuff too so 6 alongside Moore, I'm not going to scapegoat any particular defender as it's the system that's the problem.

Rahman – 7.5 Yes I think he was brilliant. Defensively and going forward nicking the ball off them and rushing forward. Actually putting in a great cross or two. Reminds of the impact Matty Robinson had when Parj brought him in when we crying out for a LB.

Bashiru – 7. I’d have given him a 9 for his phenomenal attacking threat but dropping down to 7 because he also seemed to give the ball away a few times with some sloppiness, which put huge pressure on us.

Swift – 7.5 How can he get less than Laurent after the hat trick? I dunno, I didn’t even notice him in the game until he got that first goal. Laurent was just class the whole game for me.

Ejaria – 7.5 Love the guy. We’ve really missed him. Not just attacking, but even his daddy longlegs sticking out and nicking balls as usual. As ever usual issues with hesitancy but I see QPR felt the need to have 3-4 men swarming in on him asap freeing up Swift to score his hat-trick.

Hal – 6. I started off thinking he was great then an AMAZING ball to swift for the first and I thought we have a real good player on our hands. Some brilliant energy, doing some great things, reminds me a bit of Hunt. BUT then he fell apart. No testicles, no pace. Great ball aside I’ve not seen enough to want him to start again, sorry.

Puscas – 8. He was just great. Yeah his finishing was just off, but he really did start growing into the game and was looking very dangerous.

Pauno – meh. Happy with the starting lineup, happy generally with his signings under tough circumstances. A MUCH MUCH better performance and we’re looking dangerous now. Almost/should have beaten high flying QPR quietening the gobby London pcunts? Come on! But I don’t know really… that substitution was literally the worst thing you could possibly do short of perhaps bringing on an outfield player for a keeper. Absolutely mind-boggling, which is what we’ve come to expect now from Pauno. How is he persistently unable to see what everyone else can? Defending – two ridiculous goals to concede. What has he done to fix this ? Ok so we’ve got Dan now, so I won’t be too harsh. I won’t echo everyone’s thoughts on the zonal bullshit. Just heard his post match interview and he's stubbornly sticking to it. Hope that works out well for you Pauno good luck buddy! Food for thought - we (me included) knock Pauno for the ridiculous substitution, that's on him, but who do you think talked to them at half time turning them from a team on the backfoot to a team going 3-1 up against a very good QPR side? Pauno did that. Give him a bit more of a chance.

You must be on a wind up :|

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 11 Sep 2021 18:08

As soon as Puscas went off you just knew we would throw that oxf*rd lead away. As I've said previously, and been called an idiot for saying, Swift would walk into a good number of Prem teams. Think him and Hal could be something special. Great to have Ejaria back.

Puscas much better. Could/should have got 2 or 3 really but much improved. Still all 3 goals related to attacks down the left wing though :?

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 11 Sep 2021 18:11

Don’t think even seen many worse debuts than what I witnessed from Rahman today. Lost out to the equally woeful Moses Odubajo look good. Absolutely horrifying.

Halitosis was good.

CavershamRoyal

by CavershamRoyal » 11 Sep 2021 18:18

Millsy WE WERE GOOD!

BUT

Swift scores a hattrick from midfield and gets less than a striker that didn't have a shot on target? :|

Thought we looked good today apart from the first and last 10 minutes. Bad game management from Pauno - fear for him if we don't win on Tuesday. Rahman and Halilovic looked pretty good, especially going forwards, and Puscas at least tried pretty hard. Thought Ovie was good in parts, but still flatters to deceive fairly often and slowed down breaks for the sake of taking on another player rather than releasing it to someone else.

The less said about the defence, the better - pretty shambolic. How many times are we going to concede from a set piece where it's nodded back across goal?

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 11 Sep 2021 18:44

CavershamRoyal
Millsy WE WERE GOOD!

BUT

Swift scores a hattrick from midfield and gets less than a striker that didn't have a shot on target? :|

Thought we looked good today apart from the first and last 10 minutes. Bad game management from Pauno - fear for him if we don't win on Tuesday. Rahman and Halilovic looked pretty good, especially going forwards, and Puscas at least tried pretty hard. Thought Ovie was good in parts, but still flatters to deceive fairly often and slowed down breaks for the sake of taking on another player rather than releasing it to someone else.

The less said about the defence, the better - pretty shambolic. How many times are we going to concede from a set piece where it's nodded back across goal?

:lol: oxf*rd hell. Anything less than a 10 for swift is harsh. To say you didn't notice him is mind boggling.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 11 Sep 2021 18:48

Not loads to add. 3 fantastic finishes from Swift which will add a couple of million to the money we won’t get for him when he moves for free in the summer

Looked generally good to great coming forward, esp in the second half. Looked like being 4 or 5 and we were all over them at 2-1. AH and Swift work well, Puscas back on form and looked good, Ejaria excellent until he tired. TDB and Laurent good coming forward but still concerned they are leaving gaps

Rafael, Morrison and Moore fill me with no confidence whatsoever. Yiadom and Rahman great coming forward but leaving space at the back

Pauno needs to fix it at the back. The amount of goals conceded is absolutely unacceptable. I’d make Swift captain, drop Moore and try Holmes at CB. Something has to change

And yep the Puscas/Holmes sub was a shocker. Puscas didn’t look especially tired and was playing his best game for 12 months. Minutes before almost put us 4-2 up. Very poor.

JR

by JR » 11 Sep 2021 18:49

Bloody loved that game.

So brilliant to be back in that stadium and to celebrate 3 goals.

It’s such a pleasure to have Swift fit, on form and firing them in all over the place.

Yes, it’s gutting to draw, but that was proper entertainment. Two teams going hard and showing what the championship is about.

Try not to be gloomy tonight, cherish those 3 moments of delight.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 11 Sep 2021 18:49

New players. Same tactics. Same formation. Same problems. Same insipid post match interview.

Who is the defensive coach now?

Once in the drop zone the pressure will intensify.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 11 Sep 2021 18:52

ZONAL IS NOT THE PROBLEM.

We only use it at corners and we haven't conceded from one.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 11 Sep 2021 18:53

Another good performance and a great game.

Swift took three chances. I did think he played a few loose passes which would cause me to knock him down from a 10, but still clear MOTM.

Would like some better defending (whoever lost his man at the free kick needs a bollocking and shows the flaws of man marking) and a bit more width, but overall it’s difficult not to be happy.

I thought Puscas did reasonably well in difficult circumstances but it’s definitely a performance with an asterisk rather than an outright good game from him.

Thought Dickie was excellent for QPR. Made up for their dodgy keeper.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 11 Sep 2021 18:56

Lower West New players. Same tactics. Same formation. Same problems. Same insipid post match interview.

Who is the defensive coach now?

Once in the drop zone the pressure will intensify.

Er, we are in the drop zone.

Ps Lower West, that is where I was today.

I was the youngest one in there ( apart from a few grandkids). And I’m 60.

104 posts