Goalkeeper situation now Rafael injured

166 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Goalkeeper situation now Rafael injured

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Sep 2021 17:15

NathStPaul
Brogue
Stranded If him and Morrison had an argument that ended up in a punch being thrown then despite the injury to Rafael, good, shows frustration and a want to be better. Will likely serve us well over time.

Interesting take, would your manager/HR have the same opinion if you did that to a colleague in the workplace?

It has already been explained that a football changing room is a lot different to a normal workplace. Try and compute that.

Totally with Woodley.

Yeah it's great the players are trying to punch each other. :|

You all have a really warped sense of what's acceptable and positive if you think team mates swinging at each regularly all over the country is healthy. Bugger me.

Reads like a bunch of dinosaurs saying sexual harassment is fine in a factory because its lockeroom banter and good for morale

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 15 Sep 2021 17:23

Snowflake Royal
NathStPaul
Brogue
Interesting take, would your manager/HR have the same opinion if you did that to a colleague in the workplace?

It has already been explained that a football changing room is a lot different to a normal workplace. Try and compute that.

Totally with Woodley.

You all have a really warped sense of what's acceptable and positive if you think team mates swinging at each regularly all over the country is healthy. Bugger me.

Reads like a bunch of dinosaurs saying sexual harassment is fine in a factory because its lockeroom banter and good for morale

You've never played football, have you?

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 15 Sep 2021 17:35

Snowflake Royal
NathStPaul
Brogue

Totally with Woodley.

Lolwut. No one is saying that or anything close to it.

Who says everyone is doing it regularly? I'd be more worried if this just happened randomly out of the blue, but when you consider a) the run the team have been on b) that everyone is trying their hardest and it isn't coming off c) they've just conceded 2 goals after leading a game that no one really gave them a chance of winning and d) they've all got massive egos, it is more understandable.

Shit boils over, I pushed someone against a wall once after I got out for something like my 5th duck in a row playing cricket, he made a snarky comment about it and I just snapped as a simple "oxf*rd off" didn't do it justice. He didn't say anything of the sort again and he actually tried to help me on my batting after that, it is just one of those things that can and does happen.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 15 Sep 2021 19:11

Be pretty annoyed if he came straight back in. Southwood was pretty good whilst Rafael has been pretty dire this season

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 15 Sep 2021 19:33

It would be totally unjustified dropping Southwood. I wouldn't be surprised if it happened though especially as Rafael had a cracking game at Craven Cottage last time around.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 15 Sep 2021 19:47

Zip It would be totally unjustified dropping Southwood. I wouldn't be surprised if it happened though especially as Rafael had a cracking game at Craven Cottage last time around.

Think Saturday will come too soon for Rafael but I'd fully expect him to be back for the one after. Southwood will need to have a blinder to keep his place imo.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 16 Sep 2021 09:48

Snowflake Royal
NathStPaul
Brogue

Totally with Woodley.

You've never worked in a factory, have you?

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 16 Sep 2021 09:58

I have no issue with our players punching each other but I dont agree with that in the workplace

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Sep 2021 10:07

NathStPaul
Zip It would be totally unjustified dropping Southwood. I wouldn't be surprised if it happened though especially as Rafael had a cracking game at Craven Cottage last time around.

Think Saturday will come too soon for Rafael but I'd fully expect him to be back for the one after. Southwood will need to have a blinder to keep his place imo.

He shouldn't have to, he's already played better, but I fear he'll be dropped anyway.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 16 Sep 2021 10:11

Snowflake Royal
NathStPaul

He shouldn't have to, he's already played better, but I fear he'll be dropped anyway.

Fully agree. Southwood should keep his place, think he will for Saturday but I can see Rafael coming back for Middlesbrough.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 16 Sep 2021 10:13

Simon's Church I have no issue with our players punching each other but I dont agree with that in the workplace

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 16 Sep 2021 10:28

NathStPaul
Snowflake Royal
NathStPaul Think Saturday will come too soon for Rafael but I'd fully expect him to be back for the one after. Southwood will need to have a blinder to keep his place imo.

Fully agree. Southwood should keep his place, think he will for Saturday but I can see Rafael coming back for Middlesbrough.

Southwood is on a lose lose situation if that`s the case, we are very likely to lose but if he has a worldy and keeps the score down how do you drop him?

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 16 Sep 2021 10:30

windermereROYAL
NathStPaul
Snowflake Royal He shouldn't have to, he's already played better, but I fear he'll be dropped anyway.

Southwood is on a lose lose situation if that`s the case, we are very likely to lose but if he has a worldy and keeps the score down how do you drop him?

Paunovic has a small group of players that he would appear to see as undroppable. Moore is one of them and I think you can throw Laurent and Rafael into it too. I guess we shall see next Saturday, if Rafael comes back despite Southwood having a blinder on Saturday (if he does) then he may as well put in a transfer request.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 16 Sep 2021 10:34

Brogue
NathStPaul
Brogue

Not in the eyes of employment law it isn't, try and compute that.

No point arguing with stupid mate

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 16 Sep 2021 11:39

windermereROYAL
NathStPaul
Snowflake Royal He shouldn't have to, he's already played better, but I fear he'll be dropped anyway.

I suspect / hope the defenders (not put under pressure once by Southwood’s distribution, unlike with Rafael week in week out) will make it clear to Paunovic that they felt far more comfortable on Tuesday.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 16 Sep 2021 12:34

It will be a positive if Rafael has recovered quickly but Southwood deserves to start for the time being. Will be disappointed if he gets dropped after a good game on Tuesday.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 16 Sep 2021 13:11

Just watched the goals back and while Southwood was good on Tuesday night, if Rafael concedes that goal, he gets no end of pelters.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Sep 2021 17:59

Hendo Just watched the goals back and while Southwood was good on Tuesday night, if Rafael concedes that goal, he gets no end of pelters.

Nonsense.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 16 Sep 2021 18:06

Snowflake Royal
Hendo Just watched the goals back and while Southwood was good on Tuesday night, if Rafael concedes that goal, he gets no end of pelters.

Nonsense.

No it isn’t.

I’m not saying Southwood should’ve saved it, I’m just saying that if Rafael had conceded it, he’d be getting loads of shit for it as seems to be the agenda with some fans at the moment.

The ball in is very good and has absolutely done Southwood as he comes for it and then back pedals, but it’s a slightly weak header and Southwood almost pushes it into the net.

It’s a bit moot as Ejaria shouldn’t really be on the guy at the back post, but I’m just calling it as I see it.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 16 Sep 2021 23:01

Hound Be pretty annoyed if he came straight back in. Southwood was pretty good whilst Rafael has been pretty dire this season

It would be unjustified because Southwood played relatively well on Tues. Although didn’t exactly have that much to do at all against a poor Peterborough side.

Has Rafael really been dire? our fans do have short term memories - Rafael’s saves were the reason we got the 3pts in the only other game we’ve won (Preston)

166 posts