Points Deduction Incoming!

776 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Points Deduction Incoming!

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Nov 2021 12:07

windermereROYAL The club cannot pay transfer fees, compensation or loan fees in excess of a level agreed by the EFL.

Nobody has said what this figure is.

And I looks like there maybe a significant hike in ST prices next season after being frozen for some time, assuming of course we retain our championship status.

Looks like we may be unable to sack Pauno.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 20 Nov 2021 12:49

Snowflake Royal
windermereROYAL The club cannot pay transfer fees, compensation or loan fees in excess of a level agreed by the EFL.

And I looks like there maybe a significant hike in ST prices next season after being frozen for some time, assuming of course we retain our championship status.

why? Would only be due money to the end of his contact anyway which isnt that far away

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Nov 2021 12:50

Hound
Snowflake Royal

why? Would only be due money to the end of his contact anyway which isnt that far away

Well it's dependent on the limit the FL set isn't it.

JR

by JR » 20 Nov 2021 13:21

morganb
ayjaydee Not quite sure of the veracity of the information but read an article recently which had details of premier players on less than £10k per week. Some staggeringly low figures e.g.

Pukki £8k
Curtis Jones £4K
Both Longstaffs at Newcastle are on less than a grand a week :shock:

So, there may be decent players within our limited budget.

That's quite surprising as you'd expect Premier League players to be on big bucks.

The trick will be to find players like the examples given who are either:

- going to become free agents in the summer (can they be approached in the January window like Laurent was?) and be willing to join Reading on a reasonable wage

or

- to find a club like Chelsea who are willing to loan us players with no loan fee and still pay the majority of their wages.

I guess a lot of the business will be done towards the back-end of the window as players will likely hold out for better options, though now the club know the rules they have can get their feelers out in plenty of time plus the business done this summer has been excellent given the constraints already in place.

Does the plan mention contract length as this season it was limited to 1 year?

Also, does 'A maximum of 25 “permitted players” (players with 3+ starts in Championship or PL)' mean for any club or just for Reading? If any club I guess we look to the lower leagues/abroad.

What happens when a new signing or an academy player gets to 3? Does automatically mean we are in breach? If so then looking for lower leagues/abroad doesn’t help.

JR

by JR » 20 Nov 2021 13:36

WestYorksRoyal Long read on our plight by the Athletic this morning, but doesn't really say anything we didn't already know. Glosses over the role of Gourlay, and seems to attribute the decline solely to 2017 and the Dai era, whereas I'd really say it goes back to 2013 and AZ going AWOL.

Was interested to read Madesjki’s comments. Hadn’t realised he was still living in the penthouse in the hotel and going to games.

JR

by JR » 20 Nov 2021 13:38

As an aside I would seriously recommend subscribing to The Athletic.

Fantastic in-depth articles that aren’t all big club focussed.

Plus great podcasts - Football Cliches is very funny and FPL podcast fantastic for anyone in to fantasy.

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 20 Nov 2021 13:49

Snowflake Royal

Why would we want to ? with the hand he's been dealt he's doing as well as could be expected.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 20 Nov 2021 13:53

>than

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 25 Nov 2021 19:45

http://bit.ly/STAR-EFL-Decision

Link to STAR’s assessment of the EFL decision following discussions with the club

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 25 Nov 2021 21:19

3points http://bit.ly/STAR-EFL-Decision

Link to STAR’s assessment of the EFL decision following discussions with the club

So we need to get through this season and 2022/23 adhering to the EFL imposed restrictions before being in a position to break free. We really need to offload Moore and maybe Joao in the summer. Swift will leave anyway and Rafael will be released. That would take four big wages off the books.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 25 Nov 2021 22:41

Zip

So we need to get through this season and 2022/23 adhering to the EFL imposed restrictions before being in a position to break free. We really need to offload Moore and maybe Joao in the summer. Swift will leave anyway and Rafael will be released. That would take four big wages off the books.

Maybe we should have some sort of unpleasant campaign against him to encourage Moore to choose a big pay cut to get away.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 25 Nov 2021 23:43

Snowflake Royal
Zip

Maybe we should have some sort of unpleasant campaign against him to encourage Moore to choose a big pay cut to get away.

I still think we cut a deal in the summer whereby we effectively sell him for nothing with the buyer taking over the final year of his contract.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 26 Nov 2021 00:00

Snowflake Royal
Zip

No, perhaps we should all get behind and support Liam so he is encouraged to play better and regain his form. That way he might attract interest from other clubs.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 26 Nov 2021 00:09

Zip
Snowflake Royal
Zip

I still think we cut a deal in the summer whereby we effectively sell him for nothing with the buyer taking over the final year of his contract.

That’s a very long winded way of saying “free transfer” :wink:

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 26 Nov 2021 00:20

SCIAG
Zip
Snowflake Royal Maybe we should have some sort of unpleasant campaign against him to encourage Moore to choose a big pay cut to get away.

That’s a very long winded way of saying “free transfer” :wink:

Yeah I suppose.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 26 Nov 2021 10:33

Snowflake Royal
Zip

:|

Lovely.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 26 Nov 2021 10:51

Zip
Snowflake Royal
Zip

I'm sure we'd be well keen for that to happen

Puscas will prob go I reckon rather than Joao. But yeah getting Moore of the wage book must be THE priority in the summer.

Wonder if Bowen would fancy a return, he seemed pretty intent on doing that

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 26 Nov 2021 10:52

Hendo
Snowflake Royal
Zip

Lovely.

think Ian started that long ago tbh

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 26 Nov 2021 10:58

read it as pretty positive really. Guess we'll need to be a bit careful about giving starts to academy lads this season - but we should have the squad to do that.

Could certainly do with a player sale or two. If we can say sell puscas for a couple of million and lose Swift, Moore, Rafael plus a few others from the wage bill should be fine.

Actually quite looking forward to having a reset, clearing out the overpaid lot and going again fresh in a year or two. Just hope we are still in the champ to do that.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Nov 2021 11:56

Hound
Hendo
Snowflake Royal Maybe we should have some sort of unpleasant campaign against him to encourage Moore to choose a big pay cut to get away.

Lovely.

think Ian started that long ago tbh

I know you do, that's why I said it.

776 posts