Points Deduction Incoming!

776 posts
Zip
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Points Deduction Incoming!

by Zip » 18 Nov 2021 17:03

Stranded Ok that makes more sense, so taking a 3 year cycle then - for P&S we will have lost 26m over the first 2 seasons, so this season we must not lose more than 13m and the salary budget has been set to give us the best chance (but not ensure) possible to do so. Same for next year.

Once an old year drops off the calculations, it is replaced by that years actual losses.

That makes much more sense.

This still worries me. So if we exceed £13 million in loses this season we are scuppered? If so we really need to sell the likes of Swift and Moore in January.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 18 Nov 2021 17:51

paultheroyal
Stranded
Snowflake Royal I think its reiterating that the normal limits still apply, not that our loss will be considered as if it was £13m now we've been penalised.

If that is the case (and I'm not 100% convinced, as why set parameters that it is impossible for us to meet), it would suggest to me if we don't go up next year that an additional penalty is pretty much nailed on next season and one that will make relegation close to impossible to avoid.

think you are reading way to much into this. Our wage bill has been slashed this season. We probably have gone from being at the very top to pretty much middle of the road. Wage bill for next season will be minimal and probably one of the cheapest in the division. It is basically a total reset.

The fact the business plan allows for £21.1m this season and ~£16m next shows we've made good strides from the £30m to £40m odd of a couple of seasons ago, makes slashed look rather over exuberant though when looking at our circa £15m income.

And the only way we'll get far below the £16m next season, which is still likely to around the 100% mark compared to income, is if virtually everyone ooc leaves and we replace conservatively.

Moore is still contracted to us on about £1.5m a year next season, which is almost 10% of our entire permitted wage budget. On ONE player. Hitting £16m while remaining competitive will be challenging.

Who on earth is going to take him off our hands early?

Linden Jones' Tash

by Linden Jones' Tash » 18 Nov 2021 18:19

Hang on, I've got an idea!

We could sign a load of good but low cost players from eastern EU countries....

Oh.... :D

Nope, next season is gonna be a tough one, unless we miraculously go up this season... :wink:

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 18 Nov 2021 19:26

Linden Jones' Tash Hang on, I've got an idea!

We could sign a load of good but low cost players from eastern EU countries....

Oh.... :D

Nope, next season is gonna be a tough one, unless we miraculously go up this season... :wink:
it’s still on

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 18 Nov 2021 19:38

Don’t be ridiculous Spizzeria.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 18 Nov 2021 19:39

Don’t be so anally serious wee fellah

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 18 Nov 2021 19:45

I ain’t being serious you delicious little donut.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 18 Nov 2021 19:50

Donny Ironside
Kitsondinho Staying in the Champ over the next two years, as we steady the ship, should be our only goal. Build from that base and smash the 106 record in 2023/24…

:lol:

Awful post

8)

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 18 Nov 2021 21:40

cople of things to consider when linking different bits of the ruling together. The Player budget is £21m and £16m. Therefore coaching staff and other employees sit outside of this. Assuming revnue is c. £19m as per previous seasons, then we will be at -£2m just on playing costs. All other running costs can then total £11m to ensure we stay within the permitted £13m loss for the year. Probably means Pauno's job is safe as we won't be able to afford to sack him! But it could be important to get a decent cup run to add to the coffers with additional TV money etc.

The reported £8.5k max wages for a player in the summer was clearly calculated to allow us to operate at the £21m level for this season.

Expect the academy players will be quite ruthlessly kicked out if they don't think they will make it, rather than being kept on the books until they are 22/23 like Tennai Watson was

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 18 Nov 2021 22:15

Isn’t Pauno and I’d assume, his coaching set up also out of contract at the end of this season?

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 18 Nov 2021 22:27

royalp-we Isn’t Pauno and I’d assume, his coaching set up also out of contract at the end of this season?

Correct.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 19 Nov 2021 08:44

Don't think it'll be too difficult to shed 5m from the wage bill. Rafael and Swift will both go - thats prob 2.5-3m. We'll be very keen to shift Puscas and Moore I suspect - top priority - and thats probably us there. McNulty will obviously be off the books. Morrison unlikely to get another deal. I'd hope we'd be sensible with Moore and just give him a free for anyone who wants to pick up his wage. Reckon someone would bite.

If we can do that, I suspect we should have a fair bit of freedom to release and re-sign the others depending on needs. We do actually have a pretty big squad - its just most of them are injured.

other clubs like Preston and Coventry seem to manage pretty well just by scouting the lower leagues and picking up players like Laurent along with some good loans - which we've been pretty good at this year.

I'm pretty happy with the outcome. As long as we can stay up this year, a good chance to reset next year and go again.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 19 Nov 2021 09:48

Hound Don't think it'll be too difficult to shed 5m from the wage bill. Rafael and Swift will both go - thats prob 2.5-3m. We'll be very keen to shift Puscas and Moore I suspect - top priority - and thats probably us there. McNulty will obviously be off the books. Morrison unlikely to get another deal. I'd hope we'd be sensible with Moore and just give him a free for anyone who wants to pick up his wage. Reckon someone would bite.

If we can do that, I suspect we should have a fair bit of freedom to release and re-sign the others depending on needs. We do actually have a pretty big squad - its just most of them are injured.

other clubs like Preston and Coventry seem to manage pretty well just by scouting the lower leagues and picking up players like Laurent along with some good loans - which we've been pretty good at this year.

I'm pretty happy with the outcome. As long as we can stay up this year, a good chance to reset next year and go again.

Absolutely this. Fans should unite and get behind the team for the next two seasons, every game must win, to stay in the division.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 19 Nov 2021 09:56

Long read on our plight by the Athletic this morning, but doesn't really say anything we didn't already know. Glosses over the role of Gourlay, and seems to attribute the decline solely to 2017 and the Dai era, whereas I'd really say it goes back to 2013 and AZ going AWOL.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 Nov 2021 09:57

Hound Don't think it'll be too difficult to shed 5m from the wage bill. Rafael and Swift will both go - thats prob 2.5-3m. We'll be very keen to shift Puscas and Moore I suspect - top priority - and thats probably us there. McNulty will obviously be off the books. Morrison unlikely to get another deal. I'd hope we'd be sensible with Moore and just give him a free for anyone who wants to pick up his wage. Reckon someone would bite.

Easy to get there without replacing anyone yeah... :wink:

I don't see anyone taking Moore, but if he does go it becomes a whole host easier with Swift and Cabral also going.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 19 Nov 2021 09:59

Snowflake Royal

I don't see anyone taking Moore, but if he does go it becomes a whole host easier with Swift and Cabral also going.

Loads of clubs will take Moore. He is highly rated outside our idiotic fan base.

If any club were to take him their fan base be cockahoop.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 19 Nov 2021 10:01

paultheroyal
Snowflake Royal

Loads of clubs will take Moore. He is highly rated outside our idiotic fan base.

Why does calling him out on his terrible displays equate to idiocy? It is honesty, not idiocy. In relation to his wage he is extremely poor value, should have been sold when Brighton came in with the big money.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 19 Nov 2021 10:07

NathStPaul
paultheroyal
Snowflake Royal Easy to get there without replacing anyone yeah... :wink:

Why does calling him out on his terrible displays equate to idiocy? It is honesty, not idiocy. In relation to his wage he is extremely poor value, should have been sold when Brighton came in with the big money.

I agree that he should of gone to Brighton when opportunity arose, but the berating of our club captain is an utter embarrassment. Grown men frothing at the mouth on twitter and on here when clearly the bloke is passionate and busting a gut for this club.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 19 Nov 2021 10:09

Snowflake Royal

But think the point is we have the squad so don't need to replace

Jokull can replace Rafael, we've enough there to replace Swift, McNulty not an issue obvs, McIntyre/Holmes replace Moore with maybe Dorsett stepping up as back up. Clarke/Azeez to replace Puscas.

If we can shed those named high earners, and renew everyone else within reason, I'd be both delighted and confident of doing fairly well next year

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 19 Nov 2021 10:17

paultheroyal
NathStPaul
paultheroyal

I agree that he should of gone to Brighton when opportunity arose, but the berating of our club captain is an utter embarrassment. Grown men frothing at the mouth on twitter and on here when clearly the bloke is passionate and busting a gut for this club.

I would agree anything personal being said about him is way out of line and should be dismissed as idiocy. Pointing out his mistakes and calling him out for shoddy displays is just part of the game imo.
With Moore it seems you either love him or loathe him, not seen many on the fence about him. When on form he is certainly a very good defender but I think his high salary means that we expect more from him, we expect consistency. He will have a run of 5 good games in a row and then play like a donkey for a month which leads to him being called out on social media etc. When you way it all up he is poor value for money but thats just my opinion, I can see why he has his backers.

776 posts