Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Points Deduction Incoming!

by Stranded » 22 Sep 2021 10:39

Lower West
NathStPaul
RG30
Derby’s points deduction due to be announced today so I would say we won’t be far behind

Theirs is more cut and dry though isn't it? Administration is a straight up -12 deduction. I think ours is slightly more complex as the club are probably arguing that we did all we could to rectify the situation and worked with the EFL etc. We are likely trying to barter them down from a -9 deduction to a -6.

Be additional penaties on top I suspect. Suspended points deduction at least. Wouldn't be surprised if we receive the same given our owners total disregard for the financial rules.

If there are I would expect it to be in line with the business plan i.e. we agree to X and if we breach that by Y then we get another 6pts deducted.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 22 Sep 2021 10:40

genome

Ron Gourlay

Gourlay's on fire, your financers are terrified.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 22 Sep 2021 10:41

tidus_mi2
genome

Ron Gourlay

Gourlay's on fire

The dream right here.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 22 Sep 2021 10:41

There must be other clubs surely operating like us?
It's not like we have been blowing tens of millions on players like other clubs.
Yeah Puscas and João were big signings for us, but compared to other some players transfer fees....surely there are more teams. SJM on talkshite shortly.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 22 Sep 2021 10:45

Ascotexgunner There must be other clubs surely operating like us?
It's not like we have been blowing tens of millions on players like other clubs.
Yeah Puscas and João were big signings for us, but compared to other some players transfer fees....surely there are more teams. SJM on talkshite shortly.

There are other clubs, we won't be alone. Stoke, Forest, Swansea to name a few could be in trouble soon.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 22 Sep 2021 10:46

NathStPaul
tidus_mi2
genome

Ron Gourlay

Gourlay's on fire

The dream right here.

Same thought popped into my head as I was writing the sentence.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 22 Sep 2021 10:50

Got to feel sorry for SJM

hughsies no.1

by hughsies no.1 » 22 Sep 2021 10:55

Taken some time to think this through, and as a fair few are saying - we simply just need to suck it up and get on with it. Truth of the matter is we rolled the dice (like a lot of club have e.g. Bournemouth and Wolves) to try and gain promotion and it didn't work. We now have to deal with the punishment.

Now whether it is 6 or 9 points, I'm none the wiser and there is an element where you get the sense the EFL just make it up as they go along.

I do feel confident that with either of those points deductions we will stay in the league, it is just such a blow to get this grim news so soon after the highs of Saturday.

End of the day, the most important think is the club doesn't go under. At the end of this coming season we are going to lose a lot of players and be very reliant on youth. I see a fire sale in January coming (Swift, Laurent, Rino)...

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 22 Sep 2021 10:55

NathStPaul

There are other clubs, we won't be alone. Stoke, Forest, Swansea to name a few could be in trouble soon.

Forest seem to be involved with so many transfer bids recently....and those managers they have paid off can't be cheap.

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 22 Sep 2021 11:20

The club have been worried about a points deduction from the end of last season. I think potentially because we delayed sending in our 20/21 accounts that this has come around now rather than at the start of the season.

This is hangover from huge deals the club have given out under Gourlay and the spending on wages in the last few years. Remember McClearys new contract is still in FFP calcs so shows how far back FFP goes and there’s been a lot of new deals in there too. The club have already submitted a business plan to the EFL to allow for signings this year but, simply put, we’ve been promising the EFL we’d sort out our financial issues for the last few seasons and then gone against our word so hardly surprising that we’ve now got a points deduction.

What I don’t understand is that in recent years we’ve been under a “soft” embargo and submitted business plans to allow for signings so no idea what’s changed now for a points deduction to the EFL monitoring the situation 18 months a go.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 22 Sep 2021 11:29

hughsies no.1
End of the day, the most important think is the club doesn't go under. At the end of this coming season we are going to lose a lot of players and be very reliant on youth. I see a fire sale in January coming (Swift, Laurent, Rino)...

Probably not. Relegation isn't an option. The owners appear set in their ways. The Chinese hate to lose face. All about keeping up with the Jonses i.e. their football club owning mates. We've unfortunately got the clueless one. We need an owner that's visible to the fans. Not hides away.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 22 Sep 2021 11:31

Lower West
hughsies no.1

Probably not. Relegation isn't an option. The owners appear set in their ways. The Chinese hate to lose face. All about keeping up with the Jonses i.e. their football club owning mates. We've unfortunately got the clueless one. We need an owner that's visible to the fans. Not hides away.

I give you Birmingham city.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 22 Sep 2021 11:33

Lower West
hughsies no.1

It is annoying that some of our supporters think we have no money, we do and lots of it. We are being punished for spending too much money in line with the regulations, not administration or anything like that. We do not need to sell, we need to spend less. We aren't going to sell anyone in January if there is a real threat of us being relegated, what would be the point?

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 22 Sep 2021 11:53

Winston Biscuit
Millsy And herein lies the bitter resentment at Pauno spectacularly cocking up last season

genuinely didn't know anyone was even annoyed at him, let alone resentment towards him and thinking we 'c*cked up spectacularly'

Are you new?

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 22 Sep 2021 12:06

Millsy
Winston Biscuit
Millsy And herein lies the bitter resentment at Pauno spectacularly cocking up last season

genuinely didn't know anyone was even annoyed at him, let alone resentment towards him and thinking we 'c*cked up spectacularly'

Are you new?

To the TB yes

Horsham Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Horsham Royal » 22 Sep 2021 12:26

Elm Park Kid Heard this morning about some additional punishments from the EFL:

1. We have to play "They call us the Royals" before every game.
2. We can only have one member of bar staff on at the Jazz Cafe at any one time.
3. Kingsley to be replaced by the 'Go Compare' man - who contractually gets to sign his song every 5 minute intervals during every game.

So long as we still have the prerogative to use our home kit at away matches, all is well.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 22 Sep 2021 12:27

Hendo
karbota
Simmops This club is a joke, the owners have ruined us and before long there will be no more RFC

We should boycott the club and protest

Should never have been sold to such unfit improper foreign owners.

Maybe someone domestic like Mel Morris would’ve been better?

Should have been offered to the fans.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 22 Sep 2021 12:31

karbota
Hendo
karbota
Should never have been sold to such unfit improper foreign owners.

Maybe someone domestic like Mel Morris would’ve been better?

Should have been offered to the fans.

Because, of course, the 10,000 regular supporters would be perfectly able to raise £18+ million to buy it, as well as all the extra millions required to pay off the debt surrounding it.

776 posts