What do you think of the owners? Poll

What are your feelings towards the owners currently?

delighted with them
7%
happy with them
48%
ambivalent
25%
Pissed off with them
8%
Leave now
12%

Total votes: 73
andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

Re: What do you think of the owners? Poll

by andrew1957 » 23 Sep 2021 16:03

They might have gambled and failed but at least they have ploughed money into the Academy and Women's football.

We are lucky to have them IMO. I just hope they are not put off by the points deduction and are willing to play the long game.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 23 Sep 2021 17:52

Brogue not sure I get the lack of assets thing. Dai owns them, doesn't he? why would he sell the club and keep the assets? You couldn't build anything else on the land on where the stadium is or the training ground. So what would he do with them? keep them and get the club to pay him rent? A billionaire. Seems a bit small fry to me, i mean how much could he get back on rent for the two? he would surely be better off in including them in the sale.

Dai Yongge is no different to Jack Ma. The party could remove him at a stroke......... Not as if he is rumour free personally. Makes you wonder if his movements are now restricted. Given the absence of any visibility.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 23 Sep 2021 18:04

Dirk Gently Gambled the club on getting promotion last year - and failed.

Also way too remote and anonymous - a club in lots of ways takes on the personality and ethics of its owners. is it any wonder RFC is now faceless and characterless?

I think the gambling was done the previous 2 seasons, last season we just got loanees in aside from Laurent who was a free anyway.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 23 Sep 2021 18:40

Lower West
Brogue not sure I get the lack of assets thing. Dai owns them, doesn't he? why would he sell the club and keep the assets? You couldn't build anything else on the land on where the stadium is or the training ground. So what would he do with them? keep them and get the club to pay him rent? A billionaire. Seems a bit small fry to me, i mean how much could he get back on rent for the two? he would surely be better off in including them in the sale.

Dai Yongge is no different to Jack Ma. The party could remove him at a stroke......... Not as if he is rumour free personally. Makes you wonder if his movements are now restricted. Given the absence of any visibility.

Yeah but isn’t the money here in the uk with his sister who has British residency? I may be completely wrong don’t quote me on that :lol:

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 23 Sep 2021 19:00

Brogue
Lower West

Yeah but isn’t the money here in the uk with his sister who has British residency? I may be completely wrong don’t quote me on that :lol:

I reckon she's the major shareholder in the listed property company. She's the financier, as was the original entrepreneur that created the empire. Though her personal wealth appears to be slipping as the worth of the business falls. Her brother is the CEO, the front man.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 23 Sep 2021 19:32

They have gotta go ASAP, then we need to sell the plastic soulless shite hole and move back closer to home. I reiterate we should never have left Elm Park.
Last edited by karbota on 23 Sep 2021 20:04, edited 1 time in total.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 23 Sep 2021 19:56

Hound
Ascotexgunner
RG30 They’ve delivered on an amazing training facility at Bearwood. They have supported the team in every possible aspect. Ticket prices remain among the lowest in the division and they’ve laid on free coach travel for those that wanted it.

Naive at times with the advice they‘ve taken but it’s not as bad as some would have you believe.

Yep...this. Perfectly summed up.

Yeah pretty much. Impt now they learn from the mistakes though. Signs are there that they are but we need to be better at selling players and far more sensible with wages and fees for those incoming

And contracts in general. If Swifts form carries on and his contract isn't signed soon we could lose millions.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 23 Sep 2021 20:57

How about a poll of where would we be without them? I`ll wait.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 23 Sep 2021 22:08

windermereROYAL How about a poll of where would we be without them? I`ll wait.

The bigger question is now where we are heading. As during their tenure they have proved themselves not to be good custodians of a community asset. We have gone backwards not forwards.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 23 Sep 2021 22:25

Lower West

The bigger question is now where we are heading. As during their tenure they have proved themselves not to be good custodians of a community asset. We have gone backwards not forwards.

You didn`t answer the question, the previous two owners were a Russian that didn`t have a pot to piss in and a couple of Thais that were more interested in the land (and a song that made us a laughing stock)
Dai Yonnge has ploughed a fortune into this club, he`s built a state of the art training complex, of course he`s made some bad decisions by spending too much thus incurring big losses but the same could be said of John Madejski for selling to the proceeding frauds.

I`ll ask again, where would we be now if the Chinese hadn`t bought the club?
Last edited by windermereROYAL on 23 Sep 2021 22:55, edited 2 times in total.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 23 Sep 2021 22:36

^ power post

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 23 Sep 2021 23:10

I like that they are so engaged. You always see grainy pictures of a random Chinese bloke, which is really important. To have that presence is definitely reassuring.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 23 Sep 2021 23:11

windermereROYAL

At the Madejski instead of the SCL for a start..

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 23 Sep 2021 23:45

windermereROYAL
Lower West

You didn`t answer the question, the previous two owners were a Russian that didn`t have a pot to piss in and a couple of Thais that were more interested in the land (and a song that made us a laughing stock)
Dai Yonnge has ploughed a fortune into this club, he`s built a state of the art training complex, of course he`s made some bad decisions by spending too much thus incurring big losses but the same could be said of John Madejski for selling to the proceeding frauds.

Chinese banks have funded their activities I'd suggest. All the trails lead back to Chinese companies listed in Hong Kong. Including the sale of the residential land at Bearwood for £5m. Reckon they've covered their backsides. Complex web of companies is only created to create opaqueness.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 24 Sep 2021 09:04

I`m astounded that there are 7 who voted leave now, f/king good idea, administration and a distinct possibity of us going out of business altogether.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 24 Sep 2021 09:19

Millsy
windermereROYAL

We’re still at the Madejski.
We’re just allowed a different person to name it temporarily in return for much needed cash,
Just like it was named Madejski because someone lent us some much needed cash.
Of course a bonus is the SCL guys are Reading fans....

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 24 Sep 2021 09:58

Nameless
Millsy
windermereROYAL

We’re just allowed a different person to name it temporarily in return for much needed cash,

Supposedly so, but Mel Morris also claims to be a Derby fan so we can see how much that can mean to someone.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 24 Sep 2021 10:37

Nameless
Dirk Gently Gambled the club on getting promotion last year - and failed.

Also way too remote and anonymous - a club in lots of ways takes on the personality and ethics of its owners. is it any wonder RFC is now faceless and characterless?

Not sure that's a verdict that holds much weight if you don't live in the country or go to games !
RFC isn't faceless or characterless and clubs don't take on the attributes of their owners,

I don't know why but for some reason Dirk seems to be confusing football clubs with dogs

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 24 Sep 2021 11:57

tidus_mi2
Nameless
Millsy

Supposedly so, but Mel Morris also claims to be a Derby fan so we can see how much that can mean to someone.

The SCL guys have just given us money, not taken control of the club !

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 24 Sep 2021 16:46

Clowns who've continued the destruction of the identity and quality of the club, overseeing some dire appointments, budgeting and performance. And got away with scapegoating that on a chief exec they employed, directed and oversaw. Then continued to oxf*rd things after he'd gone.