BFTG - Cardiff (A)

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFTG - Cardiff (A)

by Zip » 04 Oct 2021 21:25

I want Pauno to have more faith in Puscas. He needs a goal. There have been a number of times this season when Puscas was in a great position but the ball wasn’t played into him,
Being dropped, subbed early etc is not going to do him a lot of good.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 05 Oct 2021 09:01

Zip I want Pauno to have more faith in Puscas. He needs a goal. There have been a number of times this season when Puscas was in a great position but the ball wasn’t played into him,

It's not but, and I say this as someone who thinks there is quality there, he still is not really getting the service. At some point, it makes you wonder if the rest of the team currently trust him to score and are not playing him in. There have been more than the odd occasion where he is in an excellent position and a simple pass would present him with a chance but the player has either taken a shot themselves or taken another option.

I'm not saying that is happening but the longer he goes without even getting a chance the harder it is to say we keep going with him.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 05 Oct 2021 13:02

Stranded
Zip I want Pauno to have more faith in Puscas. He needs a goal. There have been a number of times this season when Puscas was in a great position but the ball wasn’t played into him,

It's not but, and I say this as someone who thinks there is quality there, he still is not really getting the service. At some point, it makes you wonder if the rest of the team currently trust him to score and are not playing him in. There have been more than the odd occasion where he is in an excellent position and a simple pass would present him with a chance but the player has either taken a shot themselves or taken another option.

I'm not saying that is happening but the longer he goes without even getting a chance the harder it is to say we keep going with him.

Totally agree, he does make the right runs, but either the run is ignored / the player doesn't see the run or the pass doesn't come - for a striker you lose faith that the ball will be played to you where / when you want it.
Hiding behind the excuse he doesn't fit into our style of football is a poor reason. You have to be mental to think that not playing in your striker is the correct pass to play.
Yes playing nice little one twos is great to watch but i would rather see a 1 on 1 than us stringing together 25 passes.