BFTG - Barnsley

148 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFTG - Barnsley

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Oct 2021 11:53

NewCorkSeth is France, didn’t think you were Nameless?

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 17 Oct 2021 11:55

Nameless
Brogue
Nameless
Considering your only point was a semantic one your comment is dripping with irony !
Our injuries have been over several months, not just yesterday. We won yesterday so no excuses are required.
If you looked at the actual situation rather than trying to be clever with words you might not look such a fool....

Remind where you live again? France isn’t it? and when the last time you attended a reading game was? Did you ever buy Paul Clements mum some flowers?

I see you’ve stopped fighting a lost cause.....

Absolutely, you are a lost cause there is little point in trying to change your mind. You seem to be getting first team players mixed up with squad players. That’s ok, I’m sure you’ll work it out one day.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 17 Oct 2021 12:03

Royal Ginger That 10-15 minute period about a third of the way into the second half where they couldn’t put two passes together was about as frustrating a period of football as I’ve seen in a long while. Ejaria didn’t cover himself in glory.

Side note: walked past Meite pre game today in the car park. Had failed to notice just how much of a solid mountain of human being he is.

Thought the same-usually players look so much smaller and slimmer off the pitch but he looks like at least a light-heavy if not a heavyweight boxer.
My mate also pointed out McIntyre who I thought was one of the U18s.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 17 Oct 2021 12:10

Brogue
Nameless
Brogue
Remind where you live again? France isn’t it? and when the last time you attended a reading game was? Did you ever buy Paul Clements mum some flowers?

I see you’ve stopped fighting a lost cause.....

Absolutely, you are a lost cause there is little point in trying to change your mind. You seem to be getting first team players mixed up with squad players. That’s ok, I’m sure you’ll work it out one day.

You continue to embarrass yourself.
It’s great fun !

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 17 Oct 2021 12:15

Snowflake Royal NewCorkSeth is France, didn’t think you were Nameless?

Same poster.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 17 Oct 2021 12:19

Pepe the Horseman

Same poster.

:shock:

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 17 Oct 2021 12:19

Southwood, Yiadom and Dann excellent.
I like the interchanges between all the midfielders who are all comfortable on the ball and are good to watch.
With a proper striker this could be a top 6 side based on yesterday's starting set-up and I kind of agree with Brogue that yesterday's , apart from Joao, would now not be far off our best starting eleven.

What a difference an experienced steady-Eddie central defender makes and Scott Dann with us and Cahill at Bournemouth have both shown how experience can make up for lack of pace in that position.
Rahman looks a typical modern full-back-not great at defending but very comfortable on the ball and fairly quick going forward-he'll do.

A well-earned 3 points yesterday and you can see why Barnsley are relegation candidates with their very high defensive line and powder-puff strikers.

Lastly, Azeez looked more dangerous IMHO in his short appearance than Puscas did in his 70 minutes or so and actually looks stronger when the ball is played up to him.
His long-term future may well not be as a lone front man but I would play him there ahead of Puscas now.
He has a future with us but I suspect that Puscas doesn't.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 17 Oct 2021 12:43

Zip I thought Barnsley played some nice stuff. Haven’t seen the foul count but it felt like we were giving away a number of free kicks in dangerous positions.

Pauno said that TDB wasn’t offside for the ruled out goal.

Confirmed by the Quest coverage (bizarrely Sky didn't bother to show it in 10 minutes of highlights!), including a replay. Dele-Bashiru was miles onside (quite clear from the stripes on the pitch) when Ejaria played the ball. Quest commentator stated that goal was wrongly disallowed.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 17 Oct 2021 12:44

Pepe the Horseman

Same poster.

That surprises me, and probably Seth too !

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 17 Oct 2021 12:46

Royalwaster
John Madejski's Wallet scrappy game, but happy with the result. And what a lovely goal to win it.
Thought Barnsley looked decent at times, but our sloppy passing kept inviting pressure.

Ejaria back to his worst today, thankfully Drinkwater, Yaidom and Dann stood tall.
Azeez should be chewing himself up with that miss

What is it with Swift? He used be a scrawny bloke with little movement who was easily bullied off the ball. Now he's fast, bulky and strong, a completely different player

Re. Azeez miss don't think anyone has mentioned so far that he is left-footed and the reason he made it look so bad was that the ball was on his right foot, so once he came inside on his left foot the defender was able to close him down ...

Not just a criticism of Azeez but all professional footballers who pocket thousands of pounds a week but seem to have one foot that they can only use for standing on!

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 17 Oct 2021 12:53

RoyalBlue
Zip I thought Barnsley played some nice stuff. Haven’t seen the foul count but it felt like we were giving away a number of free kicks in dangerous positions.

Pauno said that TDB wasn’t offside for the ruled out goal.

Confirmed by the Quest coverage (bizarrely Sky didn't bother to show it in 10 minutes of highlights!), including a replay. Dele-Bashiru was miles onside (quite clear from the stripes on the pitch) when Ejaria played the ball. Quest commentator stated that goal was wrongly disallowed.

Thanks for that RB. So TDB denied a perfectly good goal and Ovie an excellent assist.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 17 Oct 2021 13:04

Nameless
Pepe the Horseman

Same poster.

Then explain the name. If I know Seth like I think I know Seth - and I think I know Seth! - I know he lacks the creativity and imagination to come up with a second username.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 17 Oct 2021 13:13

I like both personas, but I think I prefer the ambiguously homosexual, Irish-simpleton character.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 17 Oct 2021 13:17

Just saw the disallowed goal. Bloody hell, Championship officials are dire, aren't they? :lol:

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 17 Oct 2021 14:16

Pepe the Horseman
Nameless
Pepe the Horseman Same poster.

Then explain the name. If I know Seth like I think I know Seth - and I think I know Seth! - I know he lacks the creativity and imagination to come up with a second username.

Explain which name ?
I can’t explain Seth’s handle but mine originates from a character in a US crime fiction series which is totally unknown over here but has been going since 1971. It kind of fits the anonymity of a message board....

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Oct 2021 15:34

Zip
Pepe the Horseman

Same poster.

:shock:

What!?

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 17 Oct 2021 16:29

Thought this was common knowledge :?

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 17 Oct 2021 16:50

Pepe the Horseman

Same poster.

Neither of them own a breadmaker, at least.

Tbh I am becoming increasingly convinced that Brogue's join date is also his date of birth.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 17 Oct 2021 16:56

SCIAG
Pepe the Horseman

Same poster.

Neither of them own a breadmaker, at least.

Tbh I am becoming increasingly convinced that Brogue's join date is also his date of birth.

How so? Because I said tetek and Holmes are not first team players and are squad players? You even said on the first xi thread Holmes is 5th choice centre back. And tetek isn’t a first team midfielder :| please tell what exactly have I said here that is controversial? Please don’t tell me you don’t get the difference between a squad player and a first team player either? Just because a player has played in the first team does make them a first team player. Not sure why people don’t get that.

Jack Celliers
Hob Nob Regular

by Jack Celliers » 17 Oct 2021 17:17

Southwood is great, it was a brilliant goal, and I thought Azeez stretched the Barnsley the defence enough to forgive him for the miss. These are good times - we are seventh and playing nicely.

148 posts