148 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFTG - Barnsley

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Oct 2021 17:21

Brogue
SCIAG
Pepe the Horseman Same poster.

Neither of them own a breadmaker, at least.

Tbh I am becoming increasingly convinced that Brogue's join date is also his date of birth.

How so? Because I said tetek and Holmes are not first team players and are squad players? You even said on the first xi thread Holmes is 5th choice centre back. And tetek isn’t a first team midfielder :| please tell what exactly have I said here that is controversial? Please don’t tell me you don’t get the difference between a squad player and a first team player either? Just because a player has played in the first team does make them a first team player. Not sure why people don’t get that.

Whats up Wooders, you seem very mardy lately.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 17 Oct 2021 19:09

Nameless
Pepe the Horseman
Snowflake Royal NewCorkSeth is France, didn’t think you were Nameless?

Same poster.

That surprises me, and probably Seth too !

Why is my name being brought up so much in this thread? I'm very confused.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 17 Oct 2021 19:09

Why would I own a breadmaker? I live in the land of bread.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 17 Oct 2021 19:29

NewCorkSeth Why would I own a breadmaker? I live in the land of bread.

You have serious questions to answer Sethmondo.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 17 Oct 2021 19:30

Brogue
SCIAG
Pepe the Horseman Same poster.

Neither of them own a breadmaker, at least.

Tbh I am becoming increasingly convinced that Brogue's join date is also his date of birth.

How so? Because I said tetek and Holmes are not first team players and are squad players? You even said on the first xi thread Holmes is 5th choice centre back. And tetek isn’t a first team midfielder :| please tell what exactly have I said here that is controversial? Please don’t tell me you don’t get the difference between a squad player and a first team player either? Just because a player has played in the first team does make them a first team player. Not sure why people don’t get that.

You picked a fight over the definition of "first team", then said we should be doing better against teams like Barnsley, then said you don't know what Rinomhota offers. This is part of a pattern which goes back to you calling for the manager to be sacked after we finished seventh, and then demanding people apologise for mocking you after we drew a match.

I dunno, seems like all your opinions make more sense if you were born in March, and it also explains your petulance.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 17 Oct 2021 19:30

NewCorkSeth Why would I own a breadmaker? I live in the land of bread.

mmm... the land of bread...

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 17 Oct 2021 19:46

SCIAG
Brogue
SCIAG Neither of them own a breadmaker, at least.

You picked a fight over the definition of "first team", then said we should be doing better against teams like Barnsley, then said you don't know what Rinomhota offers. This is part of a pattern which goes back to you calling for the manager to be sacked after we finished seventh, and then demanding people apologise for mocking you after we drew a match.

I dunno, seems like all your opinions make more sense if you were born in March, and it also explains your petulance.

:| If saying ‘I’m not sure I agree with the comments about 10+ First team players being out’ is picking a fight then I really don’t think the internet is for you.

And yes we were sloppy yesterday, and had pretty much had our strongest team out. We could have done better. Again if your taking umbrage with that then i would suggest you stay away from football forums.

And yes I said rino is overrated and wouldn’t get into the team ahead of the current incumbents. Which is hardly revolutionary and also more importantly true. And you don’t have him in your starting xi either :|

And of course I was calling for the manager to be sacked like 80% of the other fans on here according to the poll I ran. Not only were we in shocking form he wasn’t doing anything to change it making the same mistakes over and over. Had we lost to Peterborough he would have been gone, and rightly so.

You seem to think that your opinion is more valid than anyone else’s on here because you’ve been and watched a few youth games. Football is about opinions, just because someone has one different to yours doesn’t mean they are petulant. If anyone is showing themselves to be ‘born in March’ it’s you. I really don’t think the internet is for you.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 17 Oct 2021 20:03

Snowflake Royal
Brogue
SCIAG Neither of them own a breadmaker, at least.

Whats up Wooders, you seem very mardy lately.

I’m all good thanks Ian. Just playing spot the pcunt on the team board.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 17 Oct 2021 20:17

Rogue Brogue.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 17 Oct 2021 20:29

Zip Rogue Brogue.
nah it’s Vogue Brogue sporting a trendy man bag on the catwalk tonight

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 17 Oct 2021 20:43

AthleticoSpizz
Zip Rogue Brogue.

Vogue Rogue Brogue.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 17 Oct 2021 21:08

Zip
AthleticoSpizz
Zip Rogue Brogue.

Vogue Rogue Brogue.

Time to prorogue this now.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 17 Oct 2021 21:21

Can we stop picking on the chap for no reason. Like so many things, both are correct in my opinion, just depends how you look at it.

Someone somewhere asked what Tetek and Holmes did wrong? I used to like both but they have room for improvement. Tetek was dodgy in last game after a very good game previoiusly. And so was Holmes, who gave the ball away dangerously just before he got injured. They're both promising and great squad players to have, but I wouldn't be starting with either of them if I had first choice players fit. Bring it, oxf*rd!

:wink:

JC
Hob Nob Regular

by JC » 17 Oct 2021 21:28

windermereROYAL
Snowflake Royal
windermereROYAL First half disallowed goal not even close, where do they did up these incompetent officials?

Played onside by the defender in the middle who stepped up quickly wasn’t he?

Yes, i paused it the exact moment it left Ejaria`s boot, at least a yard onside.

Did nobody see EFL on Quest last night? They paused the action as Ejaria passed and it was significantly more than a yard that he was onside

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 17 Oct 2021 22:20

Brogue
SCIAG
Brogue

:| If saying ‘I’m not sure I agree with the comments about 10+ First team players being out’ is picking a fight then I really don’t think the internet is for you.

And yes we were sloppy yesterday, and had pretty much had our strongest team out. We could have done better. Again if your taking umbrage with that then i would suggest you stay away from football forums.

And yes I said rino is overrated and wouldn’t get into the team ahead of the current incumbents. Which is hardly revolutionary and also more importantly true. And you don’t have him in your starting xi either :|

And of course I was calling for the manager to be sacked like 80% of the other fans on here according to the poll I ran.

That's quite a bit of 'rounding up' to turn circa 60-65% (according to that poll you ran) into 80%!

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 17 Oct 2021 22:23

RoyalBlue
Brogue
SCIAG You picked a fight over the definition of "first team", then said we should be doing better against teams like Barnsley, then said you don't know what Rinomhota offers. This is part of a pattern which goes back to you calling for the manager to be sacked after we finished seventh, and then demanding people apologise for mocking you after we drew a match.

And of course I was calling for the manager to be sacked like 80% of the other fans on here according to the poll I ran.

That's quite a bit of 'rounding up' to turn circa 60-65% (according to that poll you ran) into 80%!

Yes I hadn’t checked it in a while. It’s a open poll that can still be voted in to this day. At the time just before the Peterborough game it was up at 80%.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 17 Oct 2021 22:26

genome Just saw the disallowed goal. Bloody hell, Championship officials are dire, aren't they? :lol:

The only thing I'd say in their defence is that having been press ganged into 'running the line' for many years when my kids were playing, I found it incredibly hard. At times you pretty much need eyes pointing in two different directions (or more) when it comes to judging offsides. That having been said, the Dele-Bashiru one yesterday wasn't even a close call and he was still onside some time after Ejaria made contact with the ball.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 17 Oct 2021 22:28

Brogue
RoyalBlue
Brogue

Yes I hadn’t checked it in a while. It’s a open poll that can still be voted in to this day. At the time just before the Peterborough game it was up at 80%.

If you say so but personally I don't recall it ever reaching that high. But then I was one of the 20%.

Bigtimmeh

by Bigtimmeh » 18 Oct 2021 00:42

RoyalBlue
genome Just saw the disallowed goal. Bloody hell, Championship officials are dire, aren't they? :lol:

The only thing I'd say in their defence is that having been press ganged into 'running the line' for many years when my kids were playing, I found it incredibly hard. At times you pretty much need eyes pointing in two different directions (or more) when it comes to judging offsides. That having been said, the Dele-Bashiru one yesterday wasn't even a close call and he was still onside some time after Ejaria made contact with the ball.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 18 Oct 2021 09:22

Bigtimmeh
RoyalBlue

I really hope like the rest of us officials have some sort of appraisal system where cockups like this are noted and they have to explain them? One or two cockups like this from the linesman (when it's pretty much his main job!) and you drop down a league. Surely this must happen?

148 posts