288 posts
karbota
Hob Nob Regular

Re: MATCHWATCH : Blackpool (h)

by karbota » 20 Oct 2021 22:10

karbota
Simmops
karbota
Good to see Puscas having a good game and refusing to Kowtow. Simps go to Specsavers.

He did kneel hth

Who were the rest?

Simps please rewind then you can apologise.

Silence was the bold reply!

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 20 Oct 2021 22:10

Millsy
CountryRoyal
Millsy
I can't disagree here. More often than not outdone by oppo manager.

Millsy when it comes to Pauno you are basicslly HNA?!’s Italy.

No idea what that means.

Have I suddenly gone Pauno out? He is often outdone by oppo manager at half time, can't respond well to what's happening in a game. Do I still want him to stay? Of course I do but I'll point out his flaws for sure. On the plus side he's done fantastically well with the squad he has.

Only thick pcunts choose a view and stick to it and only see good/bad based on their chosen viewpoint.

I agree but you were OUT then IN based on one or two decent performances and then a lot of shit, now OUT again because we’ve lost?

I lost faith in him a while ago and despite our good results, I saw very little in the games to think he’s learnt much or developed an ability to change his approach and react positively. We’ve been fortunate with the results.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 20 Oct 2021 22:11

Pepe the Horseman
CountryRoyal
Pepe the Horseman I took 33s at HT.

:lol: I respect your level of pessimism Pepe. Only a true Reading fan would have that level of foresight. 8)

We let them in so many times in the first half, just knew it was coming.

Love that for you, spot on too.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 20 Oct 2021 22:12

karbota
karbota
Simmops He did kneel hth

Who were the rest?

Simps please rewind then you can apologise.

Silence was the bold reply!

Just don't talk to racists who lie

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 20 Oct 2021 22:21

CountryRoyal
Millsy
CountryRoyal
Millsy when it comes to Pauno you are basicslly HNA?!’s Italy.

No idea what that means.

Have I suddenly gone Pauno out? He is often outdone by oppo manager at half time, can't respond well to what's happening in a game. Do I still want him to stay? Of course I do but I'll point out his flaws for sure. On the plus side he's done fantastically well with the squad he has.

Only thick pcunts choose a view and stick to it and only see good/bad based on their chosen viewpoint.

I agree but you were OUT then IN based on one or two decent performances and then a lot of shit, now OUT again because we’ve lost?

I lost faith in him a while ago and despite our good results, I saw very little in the games to think he’s learnt much or developed an ability to change his approach and react positively. We’ve been fortunate with the results.

And maybe you're right to be OUT, but I'm still IN.

Don't worry I haven't forgotten or forgiven the monumental cockup last season and was one of the only ones apart from you to realise it, it seems. But this run has been excellent despite injuries. I guess I'm just able to be critical even though I'm still in, as I come from an out position. I'll point out his flaws because he sure has them and they worry me.

To be honest... it's a real tricky one with Pauno. Some amazing runs. Some tough circumstances with embargoes and injuries. F**k knows if he's an unlucky good manager or a lucky shit manager.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 20 Oct 2021 22:24

Scutterbucketz
Pepe the Horseman
CountryRoyal
:lol: I respect your level of pessimism Pepe. Only a true Reading fan would have that level of foresight. 8)

We let them in so many times in the first half, just knew it was coming.

How much did you put on?

Only a fiver.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 20 Oct 2021 22:34

Millsy
CountryRoyal
Millsy
No idea what that means.

Don't worry I haven't forgotten or forgiven the monumental cockup last season and was one of the only ones apart from you to realise it, it seems. But this run has been excellent despite injuries. I guess I'm just able to be critical even though I'm still in, as I come from an out position. I'll point out his flaws because he sure has them and they worry me.

If we weren't in financial dire straits he'd have been sacked by now by our impatient owners. At the end of the season he'll walk away with his head held high.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 20 Oct 2021 22:47

Lower West
Millsy
CountryRoyal

If we weren't in financial dire straits he'd have been sacked by now by our impatient owners. At the end of the season he'll walk away with his head held high.

We aren't in financial dire straits. We have plenty of money, the anti competition ffp rules prevent us from spending it.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 20 Oct 2021 23:03

Orion1871
Lower West
Millsy

We aren't in financial dire straits. We have plenty of money, the anti competition ffp rules prevent us from spending it.

The money is tied up in Chinese real estate...........

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 20 Oct 2021 23:09

One for those who say Pauno should’ve changed it/bought players on.

Who exactly? What else could he have done?

His hands are incredibly tied at the moment.

Yes, if Rhino or Halilovic or Hoilett or even Tetek were on the bench, granted. But are you really looking at someone like Ashcroft coming off the bench and trying to stem the tide at 2-1 or 2-2? I don’t think he’s even played any first team minutes yet?

Thought we played well in the first half but just invited so much pressure in the second half, it was inevitable.

A couple of other points - one for DD and Karboot - Puscas was the only player who didn’t take the knee from the starting XI of both teams.

Regards to the pitch - there was a point in the first half that if the rain had stayed at that level for the rest of the game, I did think an abandonment was on the cards, it was absolutely hammering it down. And I wasn’t the only one who was thinking it either. Eased off at half time and after that it was fine.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 20 Oct 2021 23:12

Just seen the pen, very harsh, looks like the ref evened it up or rejecting two earlier appeals.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 20 Oct 2021 23:18

windermereROYAL Just seen the pen, very harsh, looks like the ref evened it up or rejecting two earlier appeals.

That's what it seemed like to me At the time. But without the benefit of replays

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 20 Oct 2021 23:20

Hendo One for those who say Pauno should’ve changed it/bought players on.

Yes, if Rhino or Halilovic or Hoilett or even Tetek were on the bench, granted. But are you really looking at someone like Ashcroft coming off the bench and trying to stem the tide at 2-1 or 2-2? I don’t think he’s even played any first team minutes yet?

Thought we played well in the first half but just invited so much pressure in the second half, it was inevitable.

A couple of other points - one for DD and Karboot - Puscas was the only player who didn’t take the knee from the starting XI of both teams.

Regards to the pitch - there was a point in the first half that if the rain had stayed at that level for the rest of the game, I did think an abandonment was on the cards, it was absolutely hammering it down. And I wasn’t the only one who was thinking it either. Eased off at half time and after that it was fine.

I take it you were there?
What was the feeling at half time?

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 20 Oct 2021 23:26

bcubed

That we were lucky to be 2 up and needed to go up about 5 gears….

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 20 Oct 2021 23:37

leon
bcubed

That would have been fairly accurate then!

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 20 Oct 2021 23:38

leon
bcubed

Pretty much this. When we actually got the ball and pushed forward, we looked decent but there were too many individual errors and there was never a real urgency to try to win the ball back - it was like we were just expecting them to give it back to us.

It’s a big miss from Puscas at 2-0. He puts that in and I think it’s game over. They aren’t coming back from that.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 20 Oct 2021 23:47

windermereROYAL Just seen the pen, very harsh, looks like the ref evened it up or rejecting two earlier appeals.

I thought Yiadom clattered into him from behind.

I'm sure we had two handballs in the box too. But their dives looked like dives.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 20 Oct 2021 23:47

Better prepare the players that were available.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 21 Oct 2021 00:52

I wonder if Puscas not taking the knee has caused friction within the squad.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 21 Oct 2021 01:26

His hands are incredibly tied at the moment

Don’t think anyone could disagree his hands are tied but there’s pretty much always an opportunity to change things up

The entire midfield were a shambles the second half (poss Swift excluded). I’m not sure it could have got worse. Could have used Holmes as a third CB with the persistent crossing in from them. Doesn’t mean you have to be ultra defensive, adjust to the system. Could have given Puscas a strike partner, press from the front, stop the flow of Blackpool’s pressure. Push Yiadom further forward and play a wider game, try and give the opposition something else to think about rather than an insistence on cramming through the middle all game. None particularly ideal but persevering with something that clearly wasn’t working was daft and ultimately didn’t work

Anyway, it was evident last season that Paunovic didn’t change things up quickly enough when it wasn’t going our way (even with perceived “poor” first team players - they weren’t a bunch of kids). In game tactical decisions a big part of the game. Seem to struggle with it

288 posts