Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Blackpool (h)

by Pepe the Horseman » 20 Oct 2021 20:29

Huddersfield game sounds a bit dull.

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

by Greatwesternline » 20 Oct 2021 20:37

If Swift was fit we would have been promoted last season, perhaps automatically. I thought that during the 2nd half against Bournemouth last season, and i see nothing that convinces me otherwise this season.

I personally think this team is better for the replacements we have made, having removed Olise and Richards. Olise's attitude stunk. Richards was criusing from January, and while Joao had a wonder run of form, his stroppiness cost us points galore towards the back end.

Drinkwater is a huuuuge improvement on Semedo, Dann is a significant improvement on whoever he will come to replace once all are fit.

If it wasn't for the points deduction i would be getting very excited.

And yes, my knees are jerking uncontrollably while looking at the in play league table.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 20 Oct 2021 20:37

Snowflake Royal
Simmops No they didn't

Yes, 1 is an interesting number to use some for. And I didn’t see a Blackpool player stay standing.

But racists see what they want and struggle with things like facts and numbers.

Good to see Puscas having a good game and refusing to Kowtow. Simps go to Specsavers.
Last edited by karbota on 20 Oct 2021 20:55, edited 1 time in total.

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 20 Oct 2021 20:40

Anyone got a link for this?

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 20 Oct 2021 20:41

What a block.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 20 Oct 2021 20:41

It’s a good thing Blackpool are atrocious, been in a few times now.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 20 Oct 2021 20:43

We've been awful yet somehow find ourselves two up.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 20 Oct 2021 20:43

Orion1871 We've been awful yet somehow find ourselves two up.

Don’t think we’ve been bad. Too open at the back but playing some neat stuff in the middle and going forward.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 20 Oct 2021 20:45

CountryRoyal It’s a good thing Blackpool are atrocious, been in a few times now.

Think they've passed it neatly and quickly. Just haven't finished it off yet

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 20 Oct 2021 20:46

Will be amazed if we don't concede tonight.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 20 Oct 2021 20:46

karbota
Snowflake Royal
Simmops No they didn't

Yes, 1 is an interesting number to use some for. And I didn’t see a Blackpool player stay standing.

Good to see Puscas having a good game and refusing to Kowtow. Simps go to Specsavers.

He did kneel hth

Who were the rest?

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 20 Oct 2021 20:48

Ady saying the game might be called off with a flooded pitch if this rain continues. Can anyone there confirm how is the pitch holding up?
Last edited by Brogue on 20 Oct 2021 20:48, edited 1 time in total.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 20 Oct 2021 20:48

Greatwesternline If Swift was fit we would have been promoted last season, perhaps automatically. I thought that during the 2nd half against Bournemouth last season, and i see nothing that convinces me otherwise this season.

I personally think this team is better for the replacements we have made, having removed Olise and Richards. Olise's attitude stunk. Richards was criusing from January, and while Joao had a wonder run of form, his stroppiness cost us points galore towards the back end.

Drinkwater is a huuuuge improvement on Semedo, Dann is a significant improvement on whoever he will come to replace once all are fit.

And yes, my knees are jerking uncontrollably while looking at the in play league table.

Certainly seems to be more of a togetherness and better balance to this side. The new signings have hit the ground running which has been a huge plus. Our midfield going forward has looked delicious at times and tonight the passing and movement is wonderful at times. Everyone seems to be chipping in.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Oct 2021 20:49

Brogue Ady saying the game might be called off with a flooded pitch if this rain continues. Can anyone there confirm how is the pitch holding up?

Absolutely fine. Ady looking for the reaction as usual.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Oct 2021 20:51

Ascotexgunner
Greatwesternline If Swift was fit we would have been promoted last season, perhaps automatically. I thought that during the 2nd half against Bournemouth last season, and i see nothing that convinces me otherwise this season.

Certainly seems to be more of a togetherness and better balance to this side. The new signings have hit the ground running which has been a huge plus. Our midfield going forward has looked delicious at times and tonight the passing and movement is wonderful at times. Everyone seems to be chipping in.

I'll happily watch any players whose attitude stinks if they score 7 goals with 12 assists, or 19 goals with 7 assists. :roll:

Bristol Paul

by Bristol Paul » 20 Oct 2021 20:55

Snowflake Royal
Ascotexgunner

I'll happily watch any players whose attitude stinks if they score 7 goals with 12 assists, or 19 goals with 7 assists. :roll:

I wouldn’t.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 20 Oct 2021 20:56

I don't think the pitch is that bad despite all the rain. There's good drainage facilities and I wouldn't say it's dangerous. Nothing like the conditions at Plymouth last night :lol:

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

by Greatwesternline » 20 Oct 2021 20:57

Snowflake Royal
Ascotexgunner

Not for me. I take pleasure in seeing people enjoying playing in a team. Joao's contribution post penalty and open goal missing sequence was close to nothing. It was awful to watch. What those stats also hide is the very low contribution from any other players on the pitch.

Its very possible that a game plan that involves give it to Olise or Joao and see what happens may have contributed to other players not contributing in goals. What was the opportunity cost of trying to work the ball to joao every attack when he was shot.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 20 Oct 2021 21:01

Simmops
karbota
Snowflake Royal Yes, 1 is an interesting number to use some for. And I didn’t see a Blackpool player stay standing.

He did kneel hth

Who were the rest?

Simps please rewind then you can apologise.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 20 Oct 2021 21:03

Royal_jimmy I don't think the pitch is that bad despite all the rain. There's good drainage facilities and I wouldn't say it's dangerous. Nothing like the conditions at Plymouth last night :lol:

Amazing how far the game has come. We worry about a bit of water on the pitch, yet I remember games in the 70s where players literally vanished in the penalty area and you couldn't even work out if they were your own player at times.

288 posts