Adrian Durham - TalkSport

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

Adrian Durham - TalkSport

by Barney » 19 Oct 2021 17:48

Not sure where to post this, but wanted to bring it to everyone's attention.

I don't listen to Talkcrap, but I have been forwarded a piece from some cnut called Adrian Durham that absolutely rips us (RFC) to shreds.
Again, as someone that doesn't listen to this dreadful station, I am advised that Adrian Bellend is a very much "look at me, look at me" anus
that says stuff to wind folks up.

Talkbollox is an awful station if I recall, and they rely on antagonistic comments to try and raise their listener numbers into double figures.

So, Adrian Durham, remember the name.....a twat of the highest degree.

Mods - please move to wherever appropriate. I just get hacked off when someone that knows nothing about our club, slags us off.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Adrian Durham - TalkSport

by Nameless » 19 Oct 2021 17:53

What were the things about us that got him wound up ?

Freddy
Hob Nob Regular

by Freddy » 19 Oct 2021 17:57

Barney Talkbollox is an awful station if I recall, and they rely on antagonistic comments to try and raise their listener numbers into double figures.

So best to just ignore it then?

Good. Let's move on.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 19 Oct 2021 18:06

They ran through a handful of Championship teams, talking about their results at the weekend. A Reading fan took exception and asked why they weren't talking about Reading. Goughy and Durham then pointed out a 1-0 win at home to Barnsley by a team in 7th, sandwiched between Huddersfield and QPR, wasn't of much interest to the average fan. Think they've got a point tbf.

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

by Barney » 19 Oct 2021 18:14

Pepe the Horseman They ran through a handful of Championship teams, talking about their results at the weekend. A Reading fan took exception and asked why they weren't talking about Reading. Goughy and Durham then pointed out a 1-0 win at home to Barnsley by a team in 7th, sandwiched between Huddersfield and QPR, wasn't of much interest to the average fan. Think they've got a point tbf.

So you didn't hear the whole thing then ?? He said "Who are Reading, what have they ever done, who cares about them". etc etc

If you want me to post the evidence, I will.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 19 Oct 2021 18:15

Long gave up giving a shit what the media think about us. Never given a shit what Talksport think about anything.

I'll be honest, I dont think I know a single person who listens to TalkSport.
Last edited by From Despair To Where? on 19 Oct 2021 18:17, edited 1 time in total.

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

by Barney » 19 Oct 2021 18:16

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

by Barney » 19 Oct 2021 18:17

From Despair To Where? Long gave up giving a shit what the media think about us. Never given a shit what Talksport think about anything.

Totally agree with you fella.....it is just that this twat really wound me up. Never heard of the muppet before.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 19 Oct 2021 18:23

It's radio for taxi drivers with a less than 2% share of the national radio audience. It's an irrelevance.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 19 Oct 2021 18:32

He`s a Peterborough fan and he says we are a nothing side, you couldn`t make that up.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 19 Oct 2021 18:36

Barney
Pepe the Horseman They ran through a handful of Championship teams, talking about their results at the weekend. A Reading fan took exception and asked why they weren't talking about Reading. Goughy and Durham then pointed out a 1-0 win at home to Barnsley by a team in 7th, sandwiched between Huddersfield and QPR, wasn't of much interest to the average fan. Think they've got a point tbf.

So you didn't hear the whole thing then ?? He said "Who are Reading, what have they ever done, who cares about them". etc etc

Evidence lol
What a crime :|

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 19 Oct 2021 19:06

Barney

Yeh, I was listening to it live. He called us boring, and asked Goughy if he'd thought about Reading at all this week. Funnily enough he said no. Would be like asking you if you'd thought of Preston this week. Think people are being a bit too sensitive about this.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 19 Oct 2021 19:13

The point he was making was that after a 1-0 win at home to Barnsley, sitting just outside the POs, alongside other non-glam teams like Huddersfield and QPR, we're simply not a talking point for anyone other than Reading fans. Can anyone argue with that? I expect this time last year they were talking about us and maybe once the points deduction kicks in, or if we carry on sneaking up the league we might be worth discussing.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 19 Oct 2021 19:40

Pepe the Horseman The point he was making was that after a 1-0 win at home to Barnsley, sitting just outside the POs, alongside other non-glam teams like Huddersfield and QPR, we're simply not a talking point for anyone other than Reading fans. Can anyone argue with that? I expect this time last year they were talking about us and maybe once the points deduction kicks in, or if we carry on sneaking up the league we might be worth discussing.

He's not wrong with that point but the whole "have you thought about Reading this week?" point was really stupid, how many teams does anyone think about a week, especially outside the Premier League.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 19 Oct 2021 19:43

Pepe the Horseman The point he was making was that after a 1-0 win at home to Barnsley, sitting just outside the POs, alongside other non-glam teams like Huddersfield and QPR, we're simply not a talking point for anyone other than Reading fans. Can anyone argue with that? I expect this time last year they were talking about us and maybe once the points deduction kicks in, or if we carry on sneaking up the league we might be worth discussing.

Agree with you that fans are being over-sensitive.
We are a fairly non-descript team from a non-descript town like Swindon, Bournemouth, Milton Keynes, Gillingham,Huddersfield, Peterboro etc.

If we weren't from Reading or Reading fans we might well feel the same way.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 19 Oct 2021 19:53

tidus_mi2

He's not wrong with that point but the whole "have you thought about Reading this week?" point was really stupid, how many teams does anyone think about a week, especially outside the Premier League.

Yup. Unless you're in a promotion/relegation fight, or you happen to be playing them.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 19 Oct 2021 20:19

I doubt any Championship fans are that interested in other Championship teams (other than the local hate festa like in S Wales or the East Midlands)
I don’t care about Fulham, Bristol City or Boro unless they are our next opponents .
And the division is pretty much entirely populated by teams with not much to write home about in the last two decades other than brief forays in the PL folliwed by relegation.

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

by Barney » 19 Oct 2021 20:20

Simmops
Barney

Evidence lol
What a crime :|

Just a brilliant retort. Love it :D :D :D :D

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 Oct 2021 21:23

Barney

Really couldn't give a shit. And I suspect if he could see your reaction he'd be delighted.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 19 Oct 2021 21:37

Whatever.

Yeh I'll add him to my twat list but at the end of the day who cares.

The only way we'll get recognition is if we do something. We've been basically shit for ages. Last season was more embarrassing than anything else as we squandered a huge lead, best forgotten about.

Until then, whatevs. Just take the punches