Adrian Durham - TalkSport

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Adrian Durham - TalkSport

by SCIAG » 19 Oct 2021 22:39

Radio shock jock exaggerates a point for laughs.

In other news, I got caught in the rain today and the water was wet.

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 20 Oct 2021 00:08

We’ve been getting this for years I don’t know why people still get wound up by people making silly comments. Far bigger issues both within football and in general to worry about than what one tosser thinks.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 20 Oct 2021 03:00

I genuinely couldn't give less of a shit what people think about us.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 20 Oct 2021 07:05

Anyone really care what one guy on the radio says about a club to wind up its fans and get a reaction when that is actually the nature of his job on the station anyway? Well used to Reading being written off and/or ignored by the mainstream media, and given their track record that can only be a good thing overall. Long may it continue.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 20 Oct 2021 08:13

Barney Not sure where to post this, but wanted to bring it to everyone's attention.

I don't listen to Talkcrap, but I have been forwarded a piece from some cnut called Adrian Durham that absolutely rips us (RFC) to shreds.
Again, as someone that doesn't listen to this dreadful station, I am advised that Adrian Bellend is a very much "look at me, look at me" anus
that says stuff to wind folks up.

Talkbollox is an awful station if I recall, and they rely on antagonistic comments to try and raise their listener numbers into double figures.

So, Adrian Durham, remember the name.....a twat of the highest degree.

Mods - please move to wherever appropriate. I just get hacked off when someone that knows nothing about our club, slags us off.

LOL looks like he has succeeded

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 20 Oct 2021 08:17

Isn't Goughy a Barnsley fan? Surely we were in his thoughts a bit?

Anyway, if Durham could see this he'd be cock-a-hoop

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 20 Oct 2021 09:09

Silver Fox Isn't Goughy a Barnsley fan? Surely we were in his thoughts a bit?

Anyway, if Durham could see this he'd be cock-a-hoop

Part time Barnsley fan, and also a Spurs fan, which says all you need to know really. Adrian Durham aka the self styled “Ginger Numpty”, has become a parody of himself in recent years. As previously said, he will take a polar opposite view to someone, not necessarily because he really believes in the point he is making, but to froth up his mainly cab driving audience in to a frenzy of high cholesterol and blood pressure so they phone in to the “show” which is the radio equivalent of The Sun newspaper.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 20 Oct 2021 09:26

I love Adrian Durham. I believe that's who Ian's character is based on.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 20 Oct 2021 09:27

Barney Not sure where to post this, but wanted to bring it to everyone's attention.

I don't listen to Talkcrap, but I have been forwarded a piece from some cnut called Adrian Durham that absolutely rips us (RFC) to shreds.
Again, as someone that doesn't listen to this dreadful station, I am advised that Adrian Bellend is a very much "look at me, look at me" anus
that says stuff to wind folks up.

Talkbollox is an awful station if I recall, and they rely on antagonistic comments to try and raise their listener numbers into double figures.

So, Adrian Durham, remember the name.....a twat of the highest degree.

Mods - please move to wherever appropriate. I just get hacked off when someone that knows nothing about our club, slags us off.

He was more or less 100% correct though. It might hurt your feelings but he is factually accurate.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 20 Oct 2021 11:02

I didn't even know Talksport covered anything outside the Prem. TBH I would rather not have serial nob heads spout anything about Reading - good or bad. Happy the irrelevant to the media.
Even the local media are usually quiet about Reading as well however if someone done a big fart near Fratton Park they would be the main sports story on Meridian :lol:

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 20 Oct 2021 11:10

One thing for those with a hang-up about recognition of our club-I reckon that when the blue and white hoops are seen it is Reading rather than QPR that other clubs' fans think of whereas go back 20 years and it was firmly the other way round.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 20 Oct 2021 11:55

Reading are usually a good answer to any league football questions on Pointless

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 20 Oct 2021 12:00

What is Talksport?

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 20 Oct 2021 12:04

leon What is Talksport?

I think it's a radio station where they have talks half the time and the rest of the time they discuss port wines or towns with harbours.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 20 Oct 2021 12:10

morganb Reading are usually a good answer to any league football questions on Pointless

Quite funny the other day actually, the contestants were asked to name any city in the UK with an odd number of letters, one woman said Reading.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 20 Oct 2021 12:16

Millsy
leon What is Talksport?

I think it's a radio station where they have talks half the time and the rest of the time they discuss port wines or towns with harbours.

Zeebrugge that.

hughsies no.1

by hughsies no.1 » 20 Oct 2021 14:33

Perfect PR storm for Durham where he's played a blinder. You really think he cares if he winds up Reading fans? Tbf he has a point, we probably are an irrelevant club to anyone who doesn't support us - but why should we care!? But it has bothered people more than it should have and just given them the PR they need to promote the show within football fans.

The more people that talk about him and TS the more relevant they become. The Club official Twitter account tweeting about it too just adds to it - no idea why they had to do that. Basics.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 20 Oct 2021 15:08

leon What is Talksport?

It's a radio station that broadcasts adverts for building suppliers interspersed with calls from Clive in Southend who can't believe that Ronaldo was given offside last night.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 20 Oct 2021 15:09

Stranded
leon What is Talksport?

It's a radio station that broadcasts adverts for building suppliers interspersed with calls from Clive in TalkSport towers who can't believe that Ronaldo was given offside last night.

Corrected for you :wink:

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 20 Oct 2021 16:04

leon What is Talksport?

It's a retirement home for washed up Sky Sports pundits who can't get work anywhere else.