BFTG - Forest

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFTG - Forest

by Hound » 20 Nov 2021 20:00

Really enjoyable game I thought - a proper match with two half decent if flawed teams both trying to go for the win

ref was annoyingly shit - obvs biased but seem to give Forest any number of 50/50s their way, which again stopped our momentum a number of times. A couple of horrifically poor decisions towards the end.

Thought generally nearly everyone did pretty well. Puscas looked sharp and hungry and was a goal away from an 8 or 9/10 performance. Like him up front in a 2. Though did think there was a lot of space for Forest to exploit in our midfield when we did that though. Esp as TDB didn't do too much right when he came on.

Moore is a pain in the backside. He does plenty of good stuff, but you can't make the errors he does at this level. the first goal was a horrendously weak challenge, and far too often giving the ball away with a poor pass. Not good enough really. Holmes had a good day bar the rubbish defending when Grabban almost scored.

Dann didn't have his best day but a nice goal. Swift likewise with the assist. Ejaria was fine and did a good job both attacking and defending. DD did pretty well but came off at the right time. Laurent an improved showing. Yiadom and Baba did some good stuff but tired. Baba does worry me with his positioning - they were targeting that ball over him today. We're still far too easy to run at at the back.

Not really buying the forest will make the POs. They played some nice stuff, but mixed in with some appalling playing out from the back at times. Really seem to think they are a lot better than they are. Mid table at best i suspect.

Anyway, overall a positive. Nice to see Pauno be flexible.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 20 Nov 2021 20:10

Yes I thought Pauno got his subs right today. Taking off Moore and bringing on Carroll when we were behind was a good call as was taking of a Drinkwater. Both Moore and Drinkwater were on yellows too
After a really poor start Drinkwater really improved and his tackling was excellent. .
Last edited by Zip on 20 Nov 2021 20:13, edited 1 time in total.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 20 Nov 2021 20:12

Zip Yes I thought Pauno got his subs right today. Taking off Moore and bringing on Carroll when we were behind was a good call as was taking of a Drinkwater. Both Moore and Drinkwater were in yellows too
After a really poor Drinkwater really improved and his tackling was excellent. .

I was amazed when he took Moore off but 100% the right call

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 20 Nov 2021 20:13

Hound
Zip Yes I thought Pauno got his subs right today. Taking off Moore and bringing on Carroll when we were behind was a good call as was taking of a Drinkwater. Both Moore and Drinkwater were in yellows too
After a really poor Drinkwater really improved and his tackling was excellent. .

I was amazed when he took Moore off but 100% the right call

Yep I was expecting it to be Puscas.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 20 Nov 2021 20:15

Pepe the Horseman
NathStPaul
Pepe the Horseman Fair enough. Maybe a convoy next time then.

Yes please. Maybe invest in a CB radio.

10-4 good buddy.

Can I please join?

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 20 Nov 2021 20:18

Very fun game.

Moore is a shadow of the player he was even a few months ago, I think he has to be fifth choice when everyone is fit and on current form I'd prefer to give Abbey a game.

On the flip side, Holmes is looking better than ever, and Carroll gives us the option of two up-top which is nice.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 20 Nov 2021 20:24

SCIAG Very fun game.

Moore is a shadow of the player he was even a few months ago, I think he has to be fifth choice when everyone is fit and on current form I'd prefer to give Abbey a game.

On the flip side, Holmes is looking better than ever, and Carroll gives us the option of two up-top which is nice.

I thought Dann was just as poor as Moore today. Good to have some decent bench options today but disappointing we still have so many out.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Nov 2021 20:33

Zip
SCIAG Very fun game.

I thought Dann was just as poor as Moore today. Good to have some decent bench options today but disappointing we still have so many out.

Dann's been a bit of a disappointment for me. Looks like he used to be a good player but doesn't really have it anymore.

McIntyre and Holmes should have the two slots locked up when they're fit, unless Morro makes a huge recovery.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 20 Nov 2021 20:36

Simmops
Pepe the Horseman
NathStPaul Yes please. Maybe invest in a CB radio.

10-4 good buddy.

Can I please join?

Not unless you've moved to Maidenhead.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 20 Nov 2021 20:38

Pepe the Horseman
Simmops
Pepe the Horseman 10-4 good buddy.

Can I please join?

I can move to maidenhead

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 20 Nov 2021 20:38

Simmops
Pepe the Horseman
Simmops Can I please join?

I can move to maidenhead

Ok, you're in.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 20 Nov 2021 20:39

Snowflake Royal
Zip
SCIAG Very fun game.

Dann's been a bit of a disappointment for me. Looks like he used to be a good player but doesn't really have it anymore.

McIntyre and Holmes should have the two slots locked up when they're fit, unless Morro makes a huge recovery.

I think we would both like to see a TMac/Holmes cb partnership but TMac is so injury prone. He really needs to stay fit for a good while.
Drinkwater impressed me today. Very poor passes early on but really improved as the game wore on and his ball-winning was top notch.

royalstevep68

by royalstevep68 » 20 Nov 2021 20:44

Pepe the Horseman HATED the Forest kit.

Good game between two good teams. Draw was a fair result.

Holmes MoM. Carroll a hell of a lot more mobile than I was expecting - he runs like a stallion.

Ref was shite, can't believe he gave a foul for that lovely tackle by Rahman after he put Forest in.

Colback had a very good game. Reckon Forest will be in the POs.

Forest in the playoffs. Haha. No chance. Weird, thought it was a poor game with two poor sides. One of the worst performances of the season. Why? I thought forest were awful and there for the taking, but we were dreadful today.

Bournemouth, qpr, Blackpool we’re far better than forest. Think reading deserved a point but we’re very lucky. With two clearances off the line.

royalstevep68

by royalstevep68 » 20 Nov 2021 20:48

Moore was terrible today. Carroll better than expected as a real handful for their defence. Ejaria ffs sort it out as doesn’t want to take on any more

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 20 Nov 2021 20:50

royalstevep68
Pepe the Horseman HATED the Forest kit.

Good game between two good teams. Draw was a fair result.

Holmes MoM. Carroll a hell of a lot more mobile than I was expecting - he runs like a stallion.

Ref was shite, can't believe he gave a foul for that lovely tackle by Rahman after he put Forest in.

Colback had a very good game. Reckon Forest will be in the POs.

Forest in the playoffs. Haha. No chance. Weird, thought it was a poor game with two poor sides. One of the worst performances of the season. Why? I thought forest were awful and there for the taking, but we were dreadful today.

Bournemouth, qpr, Blackpool we’re far better than forest. Think reading deserved a point but we’re very lucky. With two clearances off the line.

Do you mean there were 2 goal line clearances, 1 each ? Because they cleared one off the line too. Their keeper made more genuine saves too...

download

by download » 20 Nov 2021 21:11

Do we need to discuss what on the face of it appeared to be sh*thousery from Lowe in the first half. Was injured but was initially off the field of play. The ref made sure he was ok, only for him to request attention once he had walked back onto the field of play. Although to be fair he did end up being substituted so it was a genuine injury.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 20 Nov 2021 21:16

Dunno if it's been mentioned, but worth noting we've now come from behind to take some points in our last two games. Up until B'ham going behind meant certain defeat, so nice to see a bit of belief creeping in.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 20 Nov 2021 21:24

I really don't enjoy knocking refs but today's referee was the perfect storm of both smug and completely wrong about 95% of the time. Constantly trying to even things up, almost alternating who he'd award free kicks to.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 20 Nov 2021 21:27

NathStPaul I really don't enjoy knocking refs but today's referee was the perfect storm of both smug and completely wrong about 95% of the time. Constantly trying to even things up, almost alternating who he'd award free kicks to.

I need to see Rahman's tackle because it looked absolute perfect and it was so infuriating when he judged it as a foul.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 20 Nov 2021 21:27

This one's for Ian and CountryRoyal.

Let's talk about Moore.

Before anyone calls me a bedwetter or scapegoater look back at the Brum thread and see how I was the first to stick up fiercely for Moore after that howler.

Admittedly I'm no central defender so am not the one to critique CBs (I was shit when I tried age 10, never again!).

But today his cockup was almost IDENTICAL to the second goal we let in against Bournemouth. Tried but FAILED to show attacker onto his weaker foot, who then just waltzed passed him and he rather pathetically just kneels, totally defeated, hoping his back leg would do something magical. For Bournemouth I guessed he was just shattered but this is after 3 mins FFS.

Ok there were many shite in defence for that goal. No idea what Dann was up to.
Drinkwater shite as usual.Butt still... To see the same thing twice in 3 games from Moore and I'm beginning to wonder...

And while I mention Drinkwater apart from the shit initial challenge for the goal, he showed his utter shiteness 9 seconds into the game with an unpressurized ball to Rahman that cocked up and put us immediately under pressure. Another shortly after to Yids in the box that was very dangerous and thanks to a shit ref he thought Yids was fouled otherwise likely goal. Then at about 25mins a total cockup gifting Grabban the ball. 3 X liability moments at least then I stopped counting.

BUT to be fair he also did a LOT of good in the game so I will give him a pass.

10/10 to Pauno for taking off Moore AND going 442 keeping Puski on. Totally changed the game for the better. He's learning!

Could have/should have won that.