150 years in pictures

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

150 years in pictures

by Brogue » 28 Nov 2021 22:32

150 year anniversary picture thread. if you have any old pictures post them in here. Players, team photos, old programme pictures, fights, stadium pictures, action pictures, if you have or find a picture of interest online post them in here. Here are a few to start.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: 150 years in pictures

by Franchise FC » 29 Nov 2021 08:12

I think there’s a good chance I’m in the second one … with Lux

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 29 Nov 2021 10:26

Brings a tear to my eye. How much I miss the terraces! :(

Dave the rave

by Dave the rave » 29 Nov 2021 13:03

Millsy Brings a tear to my eye. How much I miss the terraces! :(

The second photo down, I could've taken that shot from where I used to stand.
Happy memories.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 29 Nov 2021 13:44

Found this pic of Kingsley at Elm Park which surprised me. I thought Kingsley was a only introduced after we moved to the mad stad. So how old is Kingsley? Did we have a mascot before him? If so what was it?

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 29 Nov 2021 13:54

Brogue 150 year anniversary picture thread. if you have any old pictures post them in here. Players, team photos, old programme pictures, fights, stadium pictures, action pictures, if you have or find a picture of interest online post them in here. Here are a few to start.

How do I see the pictures then? I can't see the links above, although I can see the links when I am typing this reply, but links go nowhere.

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 29 Nov 2021 13:57

Brogue 150 year anniversary picture thread. if you have any old pictures post them in here. Players, team photos, old programme pictures, fights, stadium pictures, action pictures, if you have or find a picture of interest online post them in here. Here are a few to start.

How do I see the the pictures then? The links are not on view in the first post, but I can see them as I type this reply, but the links go nowhere.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 29 Nov 2021 14:24

The Royal Forester

How do I see the the pictures then? The links are not on view in the first post, but I can see them as I type this reply, but the links go nowhere.

im not sure what you are asking me. The pictures are there. What device are you using? mobile phone? laptop? work laptop? are you a work? sometimes pictures dont show for me if im using my corporate laptop or if im in the office. Probably a proxy server somewhere blocking them.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 29 Nov 2021 14:28

Good thread given the imminent anniversary.

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 29 Nov 2021 14:51

Brogue
The Royal Forester

im not sure what you are asking me. The pictures are there. What device are you using? mobile phone? laptop? work laptop? are you a work? sometimes pictures dont show for me if im using my corporate laptop or if im in the office. Probably a proxy server somewhere blocking them.

I'm at home om my PC (using Opera). there are no links to the the photos, just a blank area.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 29 Nov 2021 14:55

The Royal Forester
Brogue
The Royal Forester

I'm at home om my PC (using Opera). there are no links to the the photos, just a blank area.

In the User Control Panel (can get there by clicking your user name in top right), click on "Board Preferences at the top, then "Edit Display Options" on the left.

Make sure "Display images within posts:" is marked yes, then click submit.

If this doesn't work, I would suggest trying a different browser.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 29 Nov 2021 14:59

Brogue Found this pic of Kingsley at Elm Park which surprised me. I thought Kingsley was a only introduced after we moved to the mad stad. So how old is Kingsley? Did we have a mascot before him? If so what was it?

Kingsley was mascot at Elm Park for 2 or 3 seasons before the club moved. Think he may have started appearing as the Thames Valley Jets faded away.

He was given a makeover when the club moved too!

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 29 Nov 2021 15:00

Good aerial view of EP sometime in its final years. Hard to believe players did some of their training in the car park behind the away end at some point.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 29 Nov 2021 15:18

Found the ground shot below from around 1973, note the official capacity of EP then!

John Hulme was a central defender who arrived from Bolton in 1972 and returned “oop north”, to Bury, after just a couple of seasons, John sadly passed away in 2008 aged just 63.

Anyone buy a new house from Cooks?

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 29 Nov 2021 15:25

I decided to try Firefox and could see all the pictures there, so looks like it is something to do with Opera, although I haven't tried the above suggestion yet. Interestingly, though, the only pictures I can see on Opera are from Sutekh. I will have to look and see if I can find some of my old photos or scrap book from the 60's.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 29 Nov 2021 15:26

Anyone know the backstory here?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 29 Nov 2021 15:30

The Royal Forester I decided to try Firefox and could see all the pictures there, so looks like it is something to do with Opera, although I haven't tried the above suggestion yet. Interestingly, though, the only pictures I can see on Opera are from Sutekh. I will have to look and see if I can find some of my old photos or scrap book from the 60's.

In that case if it’s working fine with single pics, but not with a shed load of them, I’d presume the issue is probably the amount of data in that particular post.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 29 Nov 2021 15:33

Sutekh
The Royal Forester I decided to try Firefox and could see all the pictures there, so looks like it is something to do with Opera, although I haven't tried the above suggestion yet. Interestingly, though, the only pictures I can see on Opera are from Sutekh. I will have to look and see if I can find some of my old photos or scrap book from the 60's.

In that case if it’s working fine with single pics, but not with a shed load of them, I’d presume the issue is probably the amount of data in that particular post.

How are you hosting your pictures sut? Most of my pics were taken from a Facebook group so couldn’t link the image url. So I down loaded them and uploaded to an image hosting site and copied the irl from there. Perhaps the opera browser doesn’t like https://imgbb.com/

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 29 Nov 2021 15:47

Franchise FC I think there’s a good chance I’m in the second one … with Lux

Our regular spot was about 10 yards to the right of the goal at the back and earlier our kids sat on the back wall.
For one night game (March 28th 1979) my son and his mate sat almost to the end of the South Stand (Tilehurst End) on the back wall where you had to be little to squeeze in.

The match was against Grimsby and John Alexander scored all 4 in a 4-0 win and we were Div 4 champions.
The reason I could get the right date was because my son's mate ( it was the only game he ever saw at Elm Park) adopted Alexander as his favourite player and not being familiar with the division thought that he would definitely end up playing for England.
Such can be the naivety of childhood.

A few years later my son thought that Neil Webb and Kerry Dixon would play for England-that could never happen, could it ? :wink:

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 29 Nov 2021 15:48

Brogue
Sutekh

How are you hosting your pictures sut? Most of my pics were taken from a Facebook group so couldn’t link the image url. So I down loaded them and uploaded to an image hosting site and copied the irl from there. Perhaps the opera browser doesn’t like https://imgbb.com/

I’m using Firefox on Windows 10. No issues at all, pics are perfectly visible from this site.

I’ve also tried it on Safari and again no issues, therefore its presumably some glitch within Opera when it’s trying to download the volume of data contained within the OP.