BFTG Hull (H)

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

Re: BFTG Hull (H)

by WestYorksRoyal » 04 Dec 2021 20:32

Are refs held to account? If a player is consistently shit, they get dropped. If a manager loses too many games, they get sacked. But it seems the quality of refereeing in this division is consistently shit and nothing happens

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 04 Dec 2021 20:36

Langford wasn’t held to account for our game v Sheff Wed last season so I guess nothing will happen here.

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 04 Dec 2021 20:48

The pens I will give d the ref the swift one as swift went down far too easily and gave the ref a reason not to give it. Take the contact.

What I will call out today is Liam Moore and Michael Morrison. I was sat a few seats away from them in the upper west and neither of them acknowledged the minutes applause for Arthur. Meite who was sat with them did. Club captain and senior player can both do one for me after that. Appalling

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 04 Dec 2021 20:50

AthleticoSpizz ...having a covert dig at someone here Ian?

Yeah what a petty comment.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 04 Dec 2021 21:21

Swift was utterly shit today, and nothing to do with his one on one miss except possibly never recovered from it. 4/10

But overall what a thoroughly exciting match. Should have won against a team who'd won several on the bounce.

This is a good team and we are NOT going down, although there will still be some who won't believe,

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 04 Dec 2021 21:24

Snowflake Royal Only an arsehole would be one.

I don't think you mean that the way it sounds.

Decent chaps go into reffing receiving loads of abuse.

We just have to trust he'll get performance reviewed.

I actually think he's generally quite a sensible ref so quite surprised by today.

Henley Royal 1

by Henley Royal 1 » 04 Dec 2021 21:42

Zip I don’t know how any fan of a Championship football team can justify not having VAR at this level.
It’s just ridiculous to see decisions like those today. It’s cost us dearly and resulted in two dropped points.
I thought we played pretty well. Dele-Bashiru was excellent and showed strength on the ball. Drinkwater also good. Swift was terrible in the first half.
Halilovic can do one. His pathetic attempts at tackles for a professional footballer were embarrassing.

The Hull number 11 was superb and the sort of wide player we desperately lack.

Both Yids and Azeez with knocks so it wouldn’t surprise me if we had 12 out for the WBA game. The injury crisis just won’t go away.

Yes Lewis Potter he was very impressive.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 04 Dec 2021 21:42

WestYorksRoyal Are refs held to account? If a player is consistently shit, they get dropped. If a manager loses too many games, they get sacked. But it seems the quality of refereeing in this division is consistently shit and nothing happens

Things do happen.
But what do you want to happen ?
Refs get promoted on merit. To get to the top you have to have performed well starting at park level.
There is a massive shortage of refs at all levels. Even at youth level you have to have very thick skin and get heaps of aggro.
So if you sack a ref you have to be able to replace him. There isn’t a huge pool of ready made replacements. You need to make the ones we have better, which you do by reviewing their performances, looking at stuff they get wrong or could have done better,and that happens. It doesn’t happen publically and I think that is right.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 04 Dec 2021 21:47

Henley Royal 1
Zip I don’t know how any fan of a Championship football team can justify not having VAR at this level.
It’s just ridiculous to see decisions like those today. It’s cost us dearly and resulted in two dropped points.
I thought we played pretty well. Dele-Bashiru was excellent and showed strength on the ball. Drinkwater also good. Swift was terrible in the first half.
Halilovic can do one. His pathetic attempts at tackles for a professional footballer were embarrassing.

Both Yids and Azeez with knocks so it wouldn’t surprise me if we had 12 out for the WBA game. The injury crisis just won’t go away.

He kept switching sides and caused problems down both flanks

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 04 Dec 2021 21:55

Just seen the highlights. The nerve of the Hull manager to say it was outside the box and Swift dived. :lol:

Second is even more blatant than when I saw it at the time. The arm movement is so obviously deliberate.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 04 Dec 2021 22:02

leon

Ians’ a bit of a “bad toad” but he”s our “bad toad”

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 04 Dec 2021 22:13

WestYorksRoyal Are refs held to account? If a player is consistently shit, they get dropped. If a manager loses too many games, they get sacked. But it seems the quality of refereeing in this division is consistently shit and nothing happens

Yes, referees are assessed at every match and their performance determines what level they get asked to referee at.

Sacking managers doesn’t seem to be improving the overall level of management.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 04 Dec 2021 23:12

Zip
Henley Royal 1

Where do you sit Zipper Sniffer? Is it the ED stand? It’s just I might have notched a Zip spotted today. But it might have been Steve Strange.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 05 Dec 2021 00:13

What I will say is just how much of an impact Carroll seems to have had on this team. Every minute he’s been on the field has been largely incomparable to anything else we’ve produced this season. Should have done better with some of his shots but the lift his signing seems to have given the players is huge.

Bigtimmeh

by Bigtimmeh » 05 Dec 2021 00:22

Yup agree carrol has had a massive impact that is clear to see during the last 3/4 games felt we could have done better today and probably deserved a win but we were wasteful with the chances we got. Yes we all know the ref was poor but Carroll goal against Swansea was offside..it comes and it goes in the championship, ther are 1.5 clear pens for us this match, but when we are dominating we should score and not have to rely on the ref for that. Still, it was a good draw against an in form side - if we can keep this up then no need to worry about relegation

Donny Ironside
Hob Nob Regular

by Donny Ironside » 05 Dec 2021 05:04

Millsy
Snowflake Royal Only an arsehole would be one.

I don't think you mean that the way it sounds.

Decent chaps go into reffing receiving loads of abuse.

We just have to trust he'll get performance reviewed.

I actually think he's generally quite a sensible ref so quite surprised by today.

Don't defend Ian

Hes the biggest pcunt on the board. Gives sly and not so sly digs at people and is the most abusive member on here. Hes called me a retard , and abused me for mental health problems and trying to end it all

Looking at him he has nothing going for him though.

Donny Ironside
Hob Nob Regular

by Donny Ironside » 05 Dec 2021 05:05

AthleticoSpizz
leon

Ians’ a bit of a “bad toad” but he”s our “bad toad”

Hes a pcunt. Dont defend him

The Green Programme

by The Green Programme » 05 Dec 2021 08:29

Agree with most comments; we played reasonably well and a combination of two rare mistakes (Southwood & Swift), other missed chances and appalling refereeing (the latter, just totally infuriating) cost us dear.

On another day a 4-1 or even a 4-2 (as per my prediction).

We seem to do well when coming up against the form teams in the league;
We have stopped the winning runs of a few.

Drinkwater was very good today as he has been consistently since he arrived.

Carroll is a right handful and it’s great to see after Puscas’ (through no lack of effort) tepid lack of threat for so long.

Scott Dann; his passing and reading of the game is Premier League quality; he’d still be there if he had any semblance of pace.

Big game Saturday against the modern day version of Wimbledon in the late ‘80s. Horrible ‘football’.

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 05 Dec 2021 09:03

gazzer, loyal royal The pens I will give d the ref the swift one as swift went down far too easily and gave the ref a reason not to give it. Take the contact.

What I will call out today is Liam Moore and Michael Morrison. I was sat a few seats away from them in the upper west and neither of them acknowledged the minutes applause for Arthur. Meite who was sat with them did. Club captain and senior player can both do one for me after that. Appalling

That is particularly disgusting from Morrison given the fact he is a former captain of Birmingham City and played over 150 times for them.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 05 Dec 2021 10:34

leon
Zip
Henley Royal 1 Yes Lewis Potter he was very impressive.

Where do you sit Zipper Sniffer? Is it the ED stand? It’s just I might have notched a Zip spotted today. But it might have been Steve Strange.

Yep ED Stand....high up in row GG...B16 occasionally heard singing Fade to Grey during quiet times in matches.