BFTG Hull (H)

scumbag

BFTG Hull (H)

by scumbag » 04 Dec 2021 18:06

A pretty decent performance but one we really should be taking three points from.

Southwood 5 - looked shaky after smashing his head against the post - possible concussion q reason for their goal?

Rahman 7 - played some good stuff, we'll miss him in January

Dann 6.5 - played some nice passes and provides good leadership at the back

Holmes 6.5 - he had an awful first half until that goal but looked alot more solid second half

Yiadom 6 - positioning always seems a bit suspect, caught him a few times completely losing his man

Laurent 6.5 - decent game, looking better than be did earlier this season

Drinkwater 7 - sprayed it around well, impressed with his commitment

Dele-Bashiru 7 - MOTM for me, our most dangerous player on the pitch. Kept creating until the final whistle

Swift 6 - Worked hard but it's difficult when you're swarmed by the opposition. Should've put us 1 up with his one on one.

Halilovic 6 - some bright stuff and will be good to have him back fully fit in the coming weeks

Carroll 6 - not a classic performance but my god what a workhorse and even on a off day he does make stuff happen - instrumental in what should've been a last minute penalty.

Subs:

Tetek 6 - solid performance to be thrown in after an injury out of position. Hope we keep hold of him.

Azeez 6 - some brilliant touches and hope we get to see some more of him over the Christmas period

Steve Martin (Referee) 0 - incompetent pcunt

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFTG Hull (H)

by Hound » 04 Dec 2021 18:18

Nice to see the penalty non decisions looked every bit as ridiculous on the highlights as they did in real time. That handball? Come on referee, that's utterly appalling not to give that. The Swift foul could have at least looked a bit like the defender got the ball from some angles (though he clearly got nowhere near)

Anyway, probably the best I've seen us generally at home this year. Actually dominated much of the second half, and a good number of shots and efforts on goal. Still overplay a bit in their area, and it still seems a little odd how few decent crosses we get in when you have Carroll in there. But nice to see us get forward quickly at pace and not take our foot off the pedal like we normally do.

Carroll should have scored a number of times but seemed to want to smash the ball too hard. Definitely causing problems though

Azeez looked pretty tasty (though got injured again), TDB had a good game, Dann thought was good. Laurent/DD strong games. Swift had a bit of a shocker as did Halilovic and obvs a dreadful keeping error for their goal

looks like 2 more injuries with Yiadom and Azeez to add to the collection

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 04 Dec 2021 18:31

I too have just watched the Highlights, Southwood`s clanger doesn`t get any better, but those two penalty shouts...wow, disgusting decisions.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 04 Dec 2021 18:36

Gutted or Southwood but keepers make errors.

Stunned by the pen not given for handball, the Swift one you can see why from his angle he doesn't give but the handball. Man.

We were robbed if a chance to win the game but more positives in the performance and another point clear of the drop/jump over Cardiff. Which is all that really matters at the mo.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 04 Dec 2021 18:48

I'm absolutely fuming still. 2 of those 3 were blatant penalties and Hull were gifted a point that they didn't deserve. The referee really should be apologising for 2 shocking decisions that have cost us the game. The championship needs VAR as we seem to be hard done by more than most in this league.

Southwood looked like he had a lapse in concentration for that equaliser for me. Keepers make mistakes, he'll learn from it.

Pretty good performance overall especially second half though. Cant fault it.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 04 Dec 2021 18:54

2pts dropped. We really should have won that. First half two great chances to score before we did, the second half two pretty good penalty shouts that we'd of expected to get at least one if not both. To me the time to head to the exit was when the ref gave a free kick to Hull for a lesser foul than he decided was no foul at all for a pen. We were never going to get the decisions this time.

It was surprisingly cold for 6 degrees, a biting wind in the East Stand. But I'll lament the missed chances from Swift and Carroll blasting over the bar when he should have scored.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 04 Dec 2021 19:10

I don’t know how any fan of a Championship football team can justify not having VAR at this level.
It’s just ridiculous to see decisions like those today. It’s cost us dearly and resulted in two dropped points.
I thought we played pretty well. Dele-Bashiru was excellent and showed strength on the ball. Drinkwater also good. Swift was terrible in the first half.
Halilovic can do one. His pathetic attempts at tackles for a professional footballer were embarrassing.

The Hull number 11 was superb and the sort of wide player we desperately lack.

Both Yids and Azeez with knocks so it wouldn’t surprise me if we had 12 out for the WBA game. The injury crisis just won’t go away.
Last edited by Zip on 04 Dec 2021 20:16, edited 1 time in total.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 04 Dec 2021 19:29

Southwood 5 Good saves first half but a poor error for the goal
Yids 5 Struggled with their winger
Dann 6 Shaky first half but improved
Holmes 6 Dodgy first half but what a goal
Rahman 5 Really struggled against their winger
Drinkwater 8 Really showed his class today pinging some great passes
Laurent 7 Loads of movement and runs. Much better
Swift 4 Dire first half and should have scored
Halilovic 3 Pathetic defensively. Feeble attempts at tackles
Dele Bashiru 8 MoTM Showed great strength on the ball and caused lots of problems
Carroll 6 Had several chances and should have scored but was a handful

Tetek 6 Solid and competent
Azeez 6 Some good moments but didn’t bury a great chance in the final minutes

Referee and linesman 1 Utterly embarrassing and influenced the outcome
Last edited by Zip on 04 Dec 2021 19:44, edited 1 time in total.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 04 Dec 2021 19:32

Agree completely with the first two posts. Good summaries, no point in adding anything else from me as they've already covered my thoughts well.

Ark Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Ark Royal » 04 Dec 2021 19:35

I will give the ref - and lino - a very generous sliice of benefit of doubt for the first, but under the exisitng handball laws a more blatatnt penalty I have never seen. There are now two versions of the game: VAR and non-VAR, because if VAR was there, the decision would have been made for him. I was in the ED and everyone, bar everyone was up. You could tell from the ref's body language that he absolutely saw it. I cannot even begin to contemplate what made him think that it was not a pen. A staggeringly inept decision that cost us the three points.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 04 Dec 2021 19:37

Ark Royal I will give the ref a very generous benefit of doubt for the first, but under the exisitng handball laws a more blatatnt penalty I have never seen. There are now two versions of the game: VAR and non-VAR, because if VAR was there, the decision would have been made for him. I was in the ED and everyone, bar everyone was up. You could tell from the ref's body language that he absolutely saw it. I cannot even begin to contemplate what made him think that it was not a pen. A staggeringly inept decision that cost us the three points.

He looked across to the linesman straight away perhaps looking to be bailed out for the handball but the lino’s flag stayed down. Total dereliction of his duties.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 04 Dec 2021 19:41

Crazy (non) decision

No guarantees that a penalty is a nailed-on goal mind.....two penalties? more than likely win.

Seen it all before...hang your head Ref.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 04 Dec 2021 19:42

Zip
Ark Royal I will give the ref a very generous benefit of doubt for the first, but under the exisitng handball laws a more blatatnt penalty I have never seen. There are now two versions of the game: VAR and non-VAR, because if VAR was there, the decision would have been made for him. I was in the ED and everyone, bar everyone was up. You could tell from the ref's body language that he absolutely saw it. I cannot even begin to contemplate what made him think that it was not a pen. A staggeringly inept decision that cost us the three points.

He looked across to the linesman straight away perhaps looking to be bailed out for the handball but the lino’s flag stayed down. Total dereliction of his duties.

Do you mean a lino that was 40 yards away giving advice to a ref that was no more than 10 yards away?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 04 Dec 2021 19:45

windermereROYAL
Zip

Do you mean a lino that was 40 yards away giving advice to a ref that was no more than 10 yards away?

The Lino was just as gutless. He was perfectly placed to see Swift fouled in the penalty box.

Ark Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Ark Royal » 04 Dec 2021 19:47

windermereROYAL
Zip

^This. The Swift incident warranted input from the lino, but with the handball, he was literally staring right at it. Unfathomable.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 04 Dec 2021 19:49

Ark Royal
windermereROYAL
Zip

^This. The Swift incident warranted input from the lino, but with the handball, he was literally staring right at it. Unfathomable.

Agreed. I’m not defending him but noticed he was looking across to the Lino straight after the handball. Almost as if he knew he had got it wrong and wanted the Lino to help him out.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 04 Dec 2021 19:53

Ark Royal I will give the ref - and lino - a very generous sliice of benefit of doubt for the first, but under the exisitng handball laws a more blatatnt penalty I have never seen. There are now two versions of the game: VAR and non-VAR, because if VAR was there, the decision would have been made for him. I was in the ED and everyone, bar everyone was up. You could tell from the ref's body language that he absolutely saw it. I cannot even begin to contemplate what made him think that it was not a pen. A staggeringly inept decision that cost us the three points.

I can only think that he thought
he saw the ball hit the arm when it was low and then both flew up in the air. There's no other explanation

And that's crazy.

Sadly we already know from the Wednesday debacle that the authorities will do nothing about it, happy to perpetuate the zero consequences shameful refereeing we see all too often.

But then who'd be a referee. No respect, afforded, criticised by muppets even when they make a right call, endless abuse.

Only an arsehole would be one.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 04 Dec 2021 19:55

...having a covert dig at someone here Ian?

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 04 Dec 2021 19:58

AthleticoSpizz ...having a covert dig at someone here Ian?

Or maybe he's contemplating a career change.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 04 Dec 2021 20:07

.....some might say, he”d fit in nicely

etc etc