MATCHWATCH : Fulham (h)

690 posts
Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Fulham (h)

by Simmops » 12 Jan 2022 10:52

NathStPaul
Simmops
Orion1871 Probably another Double Dunce persona.

Funny.

OMA also used those exact words.....

No he didn't. Please find one post where those words were used.

Why are you saying he like it wasn't you? I apologise though I was reading a quote wrong

Ian has been exposed!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

The only person using it is snowflake royal and Orion

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 12 Jan 2022 10:53

Simmops
NathStPaul
Simmops
Funny.

OMA also used those exact words.....

No he didn't. Please find one post where those words were used.

By OMA I meant Snowflake Royal

Oh yeah, he is going to spend the day throwing a hissy fit like he does after Reading defeats.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 12 Jan 2022 10:54

Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99
Sanguine
Found this disappointing. He is trying. He might not be up to it, but failing at a job doesn't command the disrespect that he was shown.
Albeit that's not to say I expect any better of football fans.

Agree with this really. I do feel sorry for him and I genuinely wanted him to succeed but the situation is clearly unprecedented now. Boos are obvious but I've seen a lot of flack for him over the last few days, some justified, some not so.

He's full of excuses and no responsibility. He's overseen the worst week in our history. He's running training and the medical team in such a way we have absolutely unprecedented levels of injuries. His team literally just gave up at 0-3 last night. He's complained about the players not being match fit and then rested half of them. He's regularly moving people all over the pitch and out of position. His tactics put us under unnecessary pressure and are negative. He's dropped 14 points from winning positions including surrendering three 2 goal leads.

It's surprising he's getting off as light as he is.

You reckon he isn't taking any responsibility? I reckon you're lashing like a teenage football fan who isn't getting their own way. The vitriol that comes out of you, a supposed adult, is pathetic.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 12 Jan 2022 10:54

NathStPaul
Simmops
NathStPaul No he didn't. Please find one post where those words were used.

By OMA I meant Snowflake Royal

Oh yeah, he is going to spend the day throwing a hissy fit like he does after Reading defeats.

+1

He regulary throws abuse at people and attacks them

He must have forgotton to log out of his Orion1871 account and back onto Snowflake Royal

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 12 Jan 2022 10:55

Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99
Sanguine
Found this disappointing. He is trying. He might not be up to it, but failing at a job doesn't command the disrespect that he was shown.
Albeit that's not to say I expect any better of football fans.

Agree with this really. I do feel sorry for him and I genuinely wanted him to succeed but the situation is clearly unprecedented now. Boos are obvious but I've seen a lot of flack for him over the last few days, some justified, some not so.

He's full of excuses and no responsibility. He's overseen the worst week in our history. He's running training and the medical team in such a way we have absolutely unprecedented levels of injuries. His team literally just gave up at 0-3 last night. He's complained about the players not being match fit and then rested half of them. He's regularly moving people all over the pitch and out of position. His tactics put us under unnecessary pressure and are negative. He's dropped 14 points from winning positions including surrendering three 2 goal leads.

You say it in a way that makes it out like he is completely clueless at what he is doing, he obviously isn't otherwise he wouldn't be in the position he is in and has had for nearly 18 months.

It's just another occasion where it hasn't worked out, but made worse given our last 2 results and the club's overall situation. As I say, there is justified criticism, but it's not solely down to Pauno that we've had arguably our worst week in history. It reflects on the club just as much as it does the manager, probably more so I'd say.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 12 Jan 2022 10:57

Sanguine
Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99

You reckon he isn't taking any responsibility? I reckon you're lashing like a teenage football fan who isn't getting their own way. The vitriol that comes out of you, a supposed adult, is pathetic.

No, he's not.

Blamed Tuesday on Araruna's injury. Blamed last night on Dann's.

Nothing in that list is vitriolic.

I'll add that he ignored concussion protocols and left a teenager on for the rest of the half.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 12 Jan 2022 10:59

Snowflake Royal
Sanguine
Snowflake Royal He's full of excuses and no responsibility. He's overseen the worst week in our history. He's running training and the medical team in such a way we have absolutely unprecedented levels of injuries. His team literally just gave up at 0-3 last night. He's complained about the players not being match fit and then rested half of them. He's regularly moving people all over the pitch and out of position. His tactics put us under unnecessary pressure and are negative. He's dropped 14 points from winning positions including surrendering three 2 goal leads.

No, he's not.

I'll add that he ignored concussion protocols and left a teenager on for the rest of the half.

He didn't blame the whole result on Scott Dann's injury. Any manager would be correct however to cite the injury of our most experienced defender as a contributor to a poor defensive performance. And I'd certainly expect any manager to mention it, when they have already lost countless centre-backs to injury this season.

Paunovic isn't in charge of concussion protocols. I look forward to you writing to RFC asking for the removal of the club doctor, who will have made the decision on the field.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 12 Jan 2022 11:00

tidus_mi2 Any twat who thinks we can just go down, reset and come back needs to look at the oxf*rd clubs in League One and how long they've been there.

I do not think anybody thinks like that?

I have been saying for over a year if we go down to League1 we will probably end up falling down even further and getting oxf*rd

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 12 Jan 2022 11:05

Sanguine
Snowflake Royal
Sanguine

No, he's not.

He didn't blame the whole result on Scott Dann's injury. Any manager would be correct however to cite the injury of our most experienced defender as a contributor to a poor defensive performance. And I'd certainly expect any manager to mention it, when they have already lost countless centre-backs to injury this season.

Paunovic isn't in charge of concussion protocols. I look forward to you writing to RFC asking for the removal of the club doctor, who will have made the decision on the field.

Exactly this.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 12 Jan 2022 11:07

Simmops
tidus_mi2 Any twat who thinks we can just go down, reset and come back needs to look at the oxf*rd clubs in League One and how long they've been there.

I have been saying for over a year if we go down to League1 we will probably end up falling down even further and getting oxf*rd

The table is sobering reading. Sunderland, Wigan, Portsmouth, Sheffield Weds, Ipswich, Charlton, Bolton. And most of those 'bigger' clubs than us.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 12 Jan 2022 11:08

Sanguine
Simmops

The table is sobering reading. Sunderland, Wigan, Portsmouth, Sheffield Weds, Ipswich, Charlton, Bolton. And most of those 'bigger' clubs than us.

Yeah we are in League 1 for a long time if we go down, we'd also have an issue in that I think the owner would likely want to sell too. It would be the end of the club as we currently know it.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 12 Jan 2022 11:16

NathStPaul
Sanguine
Simmops

Yeah we are in League 1 for a long time if we go down, we'd also have an issue in that I think the owner would likely want to sell too. It would be the end of the club as we currently know it.

we could genuinly end up like Chesterfield

Horsham Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Horsham Royal » 12 Jan 2022 11:26

windermereROYAL Didn`t do Blackburn too much harm when the lost 7-0 at home to Fulham, the difference being they are a decent side.

And they were down to 10 men in the first half.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 12 Jan 2022 11:26

Chesterfield haven't been in the Championship for 70 years. None on that list truly comparable to us to be honest as they have all had more sustained success at the top level.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 12 Jan 2022 11:33

Save for a couple of defeats to Man City in the cup and league, Southampton went on a really good run after that 9-0 home defeat a couple of years back, winning 8 out of 13 matches.

Point being - clearly some professional pride kicked in with their players after that. You'd hope our squad can do the same...

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 12 Jan 2022 11:34

Sanguine Chesterfield haven't been in the Championship for 70 years. None on that list truly comparable to us to be honest as they have all had more sustained success at the top level.

My bad, I meant back to back relegations by that. Suppose Bradford could me more apt, now cannot get out of L2.

I do not think this current team would really fare well in L1 tbh, that league is very hard these days,

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 12 Jan 2022 11:35

genome Save for a couple of defeats to Man City in the cup and league, Southampton went on a really good run after that 9-0 home defeat a couple of years back, winning 8 out of 13 matches.

Point being - clearly some professional pride kicked in with their players after that. You'd hope our squad can do the same...

I think it can go that way for sure but it can also go the other way and just send us on a horrific winless run, it will be up to the manager to get the players firing for Middlesbrough.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 12 Jan 2022 11:40

tidus_mi2
genome Save for a couple of defeats to Man City in the cup and league, Southampton went on a really good run after that 9-0 home defeat a couple of years back, winning 8 out of 13 matches.

I think it can go that way for sure but it can also go the other way and just send us on a horrific winless run, it will be up to the manager to get the players firing for Middlesbrough.

The trouble is we simply don’t have a squad. We will have something like 14 out for Saturday’s game. I just cannot see where the next positive result is coming from.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 12 Jan 2022 11:41

Simmops
Sanguine Chesterfield haven't been in the Championship for 70 years. None on that list truly comparable to us to be honest as they have all had more sustained success at the top level.

My bad, I meant back to back relegations by that. Suppose Bradford could me more apt, now cannot get out of L2.

I do not think this current team would really fare well in L1 tbh, that league is very hard these days,

Yeah Bradford probably as good a peg as any - only a brief flirtation with the top division around the turn of the century, but in the lower two divisions for the last 20 years.

Agree this squad (without its various loanees plus the likes of Swift) would struggle in League One, mainly for lack of overall experience.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 12 Jan 2022 11:42

Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99

Whilst he could be blamed for many things, it is, IMO, absolute nonsense to suggest he is running the medical and sports science part of the club.

690 posts