Who realistically replaces Paunovic…?

328 posts
McDermolenko

Who realistically replaces Paunovic…?

by McDermolenko » 08 Jan 2022 20:59

The subject is more than likely a shot in the dark given how random the appointment of Paunovic was in the first place but assuming that the ownership wishes to bring somebody in we have no need to open the Wikipedia page of… Who would you like to see?

I am personally gutted that we didn’t look towards Serhiy Rebrov back when Paunovic joined. Unlike Pauno he’s got an incredibly successful track record basically winning every league title/cup wherever he has gone, with quite a few of the clubs joined not dominating their leagues at that time, has prior experience in English football (albeit playing rather than managing) and was the one who led Ferencváros to this seasons Champions League, having seen off the likes of Celtic and Slavia Prague in qualification. Someone like that would have surely jumped at the opportunity to manage in a more successful league.

Anyway, with that being far less realistic now, I’d expect someone like McAnuff etc to take the role - can’t see any likelihood with successful/developed managers such as Warnock.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Who realistically replaces Paunovic…?

by Royal_jimmy » 08 Jan 2022 21:04

Colin. I think he would come despite the history if we offered him enough of a bonus.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 08 Jan 2022 21:06

Give it to gilkes till the end of the season. See how he does if it hasn’t worked out. Open it up to applications rather than going for a target. Ultimately I’d like a manager that I don’t have to google to find out who he is.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 08 Jan 2022 21:07

Royal_jimmy Colin. I think he would come despite the history if we offered him enough of a bonus.

He would come here like a shot, and take great pleasure in taking us down gien the abuse he has recieved here over the years.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 08 Jan 2022 21:09

They’ll likely promote from within. Although rather than Gilkes we’d end up with Fortune.

Or Dayong Pang :lol:

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 08 Jan 2022 21:11

I’d like to see Alex Neil. Think he’s a brilliant wee manager. Would put a rocket up a few of our superstars.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Jan 2022 21:13

Google says these are the out of work contenders for the Championship.

DANIEL FARKE
ALEX NEIL
TONY PULIS
CHRIS HUGHTON
NEIL LENNON
MARK HUGHES
GARRY MONK
NEIL WARNOCK
PAUL LAMBERT
UWE RÖSLER
SOL CAMPBELL
CHRIS COLEMAN

ILoveMoonPig

by ILoveMoonPig » 08 Jan 2022 21:19

Well I'm still supporting the Pauno in side, so I guess I have no right to answer this.

But I'll answer it anyway. I've always wanted Jokanovic to be our manager, even if he needs 6 solid months for teams to get going. I love the way his team's play. And he was sacked by sheff utd after a fairly convincing win at the SCL.

But I severely doubt we can afford him and that he'd even consider coming here.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 08 Jan 2022 21:22

ILoveMoonPig Well I'm still supporting the Pauno in side, so I guess I have no right to answer this.

But I'll answer it anyway. I've always wanted Jokanovic to be our manager, even if he needs 6 solid months for teams to get going. I love the way his team's play. And he was sacked by sheff utd after a fairly convincing win at the SCL.

How are you still Pauno in?

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 08 Jan 2022 21:23

Snowflake Royal Google says these are the out of work contenders for the Championship.

DANIEL FARKE
ALEX NEIL
TONY PULIS
CHRIS HUGHTON
NEIL LENNON
MARK HUGHES
GARRY MONK
NEIL WARNOCK
PAUL LAMBERT
UWE RÖSLER
SOL CAMPBELL
CHRIS COLEMAN

I'd take any of them over Paunovic

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 08 Jan 2022 21:28

All except the bottom 4 of that list.

JR

by JR » 08 Jan 2022 21:32

Brogue Give it to gilkes till the end of the season. See how he does if it hasn’t worked out. Open it up to applications rather than going for a target. Ultimately I’d like a manager that I don’t have to google to find out who he is.

Gilkes is clearly not management material. Can see that from just observing him operate in his current role. We have rose tinted glasses for him

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 08 Jan 2022 21:33

I'd like someone I've never heard of who has managed 12 different sides, never spending more than a season in the same job. Or Brynjar Gunnarsson.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 08 Jan 2022 21:34

JR
Brogue Give it to gilkes till the end of the season. See how he does if it hasn’t worked out. Open it up to applications rather than going for a target. Ultimately I’d like a manager that I don’t have to google to find out who he is.

Gilkes is clearly not management material. Can see that from just observing him operate in his current role. We have rose tinted glasses for him

You’re probably right. I don’t really follow the academy progress.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 08 Jan 2022 21:34

Pepe the Horseman I'd like someone I've never heard of who has managed 12 different sides, never spending more than a season in the same job. Or Brynjar Gunnarsson.

Jose Gomes?

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 08 Jan 2022 21:35

Snowflake Royal Google says these are the out of work contenders for the Championship.

DANIEL FARKE
ALEX NEIL
TONY PULIS
CHRIS HUGHTON
NEIL LENNON
MARK HUGHES
GARRY MONK
NEIL WARNOCK
PAUL LAMBERT
UWE RÖSLER
SOL CAMPBELL
CHRIS COLEMAN

Would rather have Uwe Hartenberger. Who is actually currently managing of SC Idar-Oberstein

JR

by JR » 08 Jan 2022 21:37

Colin is my favourite manager in the game - brilliant passion and talks honestly and with great sense in his interviews and radio roles.

Clearly would be just a short term fix for 18 months, but worth considering.

I imagine a lot of us would want to get someone in with affinity with the club - so maybe it’s the right point in time to get Parky in.

He’s had an up and down career, but enough success to say worth a try given we won’t have much buying power.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 08 Jan 2022 21:40

Chris Hughton for me, see us through until the end of the season the regroup and go again next year

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 08 Jan 2022 21:43

I think my favourite would be pardew to be honest. Think he would be a good long term appointment. Anyone who is still hung up on how he left us needs to give their head a wobble.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Jan 2022 21:43

My money is on Florin Bratu. I hear he is doing great things for Romania U21s and was recently doing brilliantly in the coaching staff for Dinamo Bucharest

328 posts