Who realistically replaces Paunovic…?

328 posts
Rax

Re: Who realistically replaces Paunovic…?

by Rax » 12 Jan 2022 00:25

Once upon a time . Never been keen on Pardew , I remember him playing Cureton in midfield and Upson at right back on one occasion, who can explain that ( not in the same game ) . Has he ever won anything ?
Saw Wycombe on tv a week ago and they certainly put more into the game than we get from Reading .

Don't think I ever forgave Pardew for the Wolves home play off leg - he played Andy Hughes up front and Cureton in midfield - work that one out!

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 12 Jan 2022 00:27

Rax
Once upon a time . Never been keen on Pardew , I remember him playing Cureton in midfield and Upson at right back on one occasion, who can explain that ( not in the same game ) . Has he ever won anything ?
Saw Wycombe on tv a week ago and they certainly put more into the game than we get from Reading .

Don't think I ever forgave Pardew for the Wolves home play off leg - he played Andy Hughes up front and Cureton in midfield - work that one out!

In fairness he lost Forster to injury in the first leg which was a massive blow

Rax

by Rax » 12 Jan 2022 00:30

Zip
Rax

In fairness he lost Forster to injury in the first leg which was a massive blow

Absolutely right Zip - but it seemed bonkers to me at the time to play a striker in midfield!

PATRIQT

by PATRIQT » 12 Jan 2022 00:30

I'd take Warnock. We need a real kick up the arse and some passion in that dressing room.

No more foreign punts please!!

Horsham Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Horsham Royal » 12 Jan 2022 00:35

Millsy
Horsham Royal
Millsy 4 - MY opinion is that even if it costs say £1.5mill to get rid of Pauno and say another £1mill up-front or whatever to bring in a new man and we then risk another 6 point deduction next season so be it ...

The 6 points is for previous years' piss taking ... we'd likely get extra for doing it again.

So, 9? 12?

And would a relatively small offence (£2mill, say) for quite reasonable circumstances be dealt with harshly?

And would it come into play this season as an addition or next?

Even if so, worth it to me (only if next).

We got 6+6 with co-operation.
If we just say f it and do it again I think the EFL will (rightly) be harsh.
I don't think having a crap team/manager/med team is mitigation.

Anyway, likely a moot point, unless he resigns Pauno will be here till July.

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

by URZZZZZZZZ » 12 Jan 2022 06:54

I think managing us would be a fitting ending to Colin’s career given our history, I’m all for it.

One of his most underrated achievements was keeping Rotherham up in 2015/16, let’s hope he’s given a chance to the same for us.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 12 Jan 2022 08:14

#IaINroyal is trending on twitter. The fans have spoken.

JR

by JR » 12 Jan 2022 08:19

This situation screams Warnock on a short term basis.

Suits both parties - not too far from Cornwall for him and not looking for long term commitment - and for us the only way we can get survive relegation this season is an experienced troubleshooter.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 12 Jan 2022 08:28

Millsy
Horsham Royal
Millsy 4 - MY opinion is that even if it costs say £1.5mill to get rid of Pauno and say another £1mill up-front or whatever to bring in a new man and we then risk another 6 point deduction next season so be it ...

The 6 points is for previous years' piss taking ... we'd likely get extra for doing it again.

So, 9? 12?

And would a relatively small offence (£2mill, say) for quite reasonable circumstances be dealt with harshly?

6 plus 9 or 12 probably.

Possibly applied next season depending on how long the investigation took and whether we were relegated without it anyway.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 12 Jan 2022 08:37

Heard a rumour Kia and Dai are lining up an Eastern European manager.

Ima Notgoodenov

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 12 Jan 2022 08:41

Snowflake Royal Heard a rumour Kia and Dai are lining up an Eastern European manager.

Ima Notgoodenov

Nice sig

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 12 Jan 2022 08:53

I’d even take Neil Harris over Pauno at this point.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 12 Jan 2022 08:55

TiagoIlori I’d even take Neil Harris over Pauno at this point.

I’d even take Rolf Harris tbf

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 12 Jan 2022 09:13

Some random bloke i saw at the bus stop on way home told me that Neil Harris was at the match last night.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 12 Jan 2022 09:14

Royals and Racers

Some random bloke i saw at the bus stop on way home told me that Neil Harris was at the match last night.

That was Neil Patrick-Harris. He's a Fulham fan.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 12 Jan 2022 09:41

Snowflake Royal
Millsy
Horsham Royal The 6 points is for previous years' piss taking ... we'd likely get extra for doing it again.

So, 9? 12?

6 plus 9 or 12 probably.

Possibly applied next season depending on how long the investigation took and whether we were relegated without it anyway.

Do we have to sack the manager? Can't they just re-assign him to manage another department e.g. the reserves and continue paying him incrementally instead of a big payoff?
or get creative, do a deal whereby if he agrees to resign one of the owners companies will sign him up as their sports ambassador and pay him a nice sum of money in no way linked to or related to Reading FC?

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 12 Jan 2022 09:56

Forbury Lion
Snowflake Royal
Millsy
So, 9? 12?

6 plus 9 or 12 probably.

Do we have to sack the manager? Can't they just re-assign him to manage another department e.g. the reserves and continue paying him incrementally instead of a big payoff?
or get creative, do a deal whereby if he agrees to resign one of the owners companies will sign him up as their sports ambassador and pay him a nice sum of money in no way linked to or related to Reading FC?

Why don't we promote him to sporting director?

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 12 Jan 2022 10:00

Simon's Church
Forbury Lion
Snowflake Royal 6 plus 9 or 12 probably.

Why don't we promote him to sporting director?
As long as that means no interfering with the new manager, that might work.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 12 Jan 2022 10:01

The problem is I can't see that bringing change will achieve anything with the injuries as they are. Quite honestly Pep/Klopp would struggle with our current squad available.

We have 4 senior centre halves out until no one knows, as no one in the press asks. Add in 30 goals from last season out all season to date and for good measure 3 full backs unavailable/injured.

And we have to sell to be able to buy because of the EFL.

Fezza

by Fezza » 12 Jan 2022 10:02

We need a new DoF far more than a new manager.

If Pauno is to go (and it looks like he has to) then anyone but Colin for me, he's toxic!

328 posts