Liam moore

578 posts
The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Liam moore

by The Royal Forester » 16 Jan 2022 15:01

Just how long has things been "brewing"? Bowen wanted Moore gone before he went himself, do we know why Bowen tried to get rid? Pauno came in and kept Moore as Captain. Moore used to make statements on behalf of the players and club, but they seem to have dried up for a few months now. If the rumours are true, is the fact that Clarke has not been seen on the pitch lately, anything to do with this dispute?

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 16 Jan 2022 15:14

- No problem with a player handing in a transfer request.
- No problem with a player being stripped of the captaincy.
- Moore hasn't offered us value for money for a long time. Happy to see him moved on.

Snowflake Royal Moore couldn't really do anything but play injured party after that statement to be fair.

They've basically said he's a gutless money grubbing ingrate.

I mean, he is... but even I wouldn't say that in a statement.

After considerable discussions over several months between Liam Moore and Veljko Paunovic, a difficult decision has been made to appoint a new club captain. The club is going through a challenging time, both financially and on the pitch.

Liam's career has not progressed as he had hoped, and neither has the club's fortunes. Both parties agree it is time for a change and fresh start. With both the club and Liam looking at his future options elsewhere, it is not ideal for Liam to continue to lead the players, when his focus cannot be 100% on Reading FC.

We would like to join our fans in thanking Liam for all his hard work, and dedication over the years. We know he will continue to contribute his best when called upon, and be an influential figure in the squad.

Yadda yadda. I mean yeah it's fairly transparent there's a much bigger issue at play, but at least there's a degree of professionalism to the lie.

We just come across as a petty and vindicative jilted spouse with our actual statement.

This. Not a great statement, always likely to alienate the player and possibly those who are close to him. A statement should have been crafted with his knowledge, not surprised him.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 16 Jan 2022 15:15

The Royal Forester Just how long has things been "brewing"? Bowen wanted Moore gone before he went himself, do we know why Bowen tried to get rid? Pauno came in and kept Moore as Captain. Moore used to make statements on behalf of the players and club, but they seem to have dried up for a few months now. If the rumours are true, is the fact that Clarke has not been seen on the pitch lately, anything to do with this dispute?

Didn't Clarke stop playing roughly when we got Carroll in?

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 16 Jan 2022 15:30

SCIAG
The Royal Forester Just how long has things been "brewing"? Bowen wanted Moore gone before he went himself, do we know why Bowen tried to get rid? Pauno came in and kept Moore as Captain. Moore used to make statements on behalf of the players and club, but they seem to have dried up for a few months now. If the rumours are true, is the fact that Clarke has not been seen on the pitch lately, anything to do with this dispute?

Maybe, but he has been on the bench after his injury, but other forwards have been brought on (including Puscas) instead of him.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 16 Jan 2022 15:33

No I can't think of a time he'd have been first choice.

Did well, then got injured, then we got Carroll, who deservedly has started where possible.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 16 Jan 2022 15:43

The Royal Forester
SCIAG

Maybe, but he has been on the bench after his injury, but other ineffectual forwards have been brought on (including Puscas) instead of him.

C4Y

Another player frozen out by Paunovic

Is Pauno "the racist"?

King Cnut

by King Cnut » 16 Jan 2022 18:12

Let’s hope it doesn’t turn into a Gunter/ McCleary situation and Moore’s shoved out to under 9s. He deserves respect for what he’s brought to the club.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Jan 2022 18:29

King Cnut Let’s hope it doesn’t turn into a Gunter/ McCleary situation and Moore’s shoved out to under 9s. He deserves respect for what he’s brought to the club.

I'm not sure respect is what you usually give someone who has brought disharmony, failure and financial ruin.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 16 Jan 2022 19:05

Snowflake Royal
King Cnut Let’s hope it doesn’t turn into a Gunter/ McCleary situation and Moore’s shoved out to under 9s. He deserves respect for what he’s brought to the club.

I'm not sure respect is what you usually give someone who has brought disharmony, failure and financial ruin.

You can blame Moore for many things but certainly not financial ruin. As a club Reading FC have brought that on themselves.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Jan 2022 19:06

Zip
Snowflake Royal

You can blame Moore for many things but certainly not financial ruin. As a club Reading FC have brought that on themselves.

I most certainly can. We didn’t force him to take an enormous wage for 4 years. There's no way we just gave him loads more than he wanted. He negotiated that salary.

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

by Barney » 16 Jan 2022 19:06

Simmops Anybody still saying support the club is clueless and the reason why nothing will change.

The time for a boycott is now.

I assume you are having a pop at me, as it was me that said you should still support your club.

If you want to boycott. DO IT. Don't go looking for help. JUST DO IT. My preference is to pop along Wednesday and Saturday,
probably drink too much before the game, but get behind my club. You do what you want to do...just don't call me clueless.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 16 Jan 2022 19:08

Snowflake Royal
Zip
Snowflake Royal I'm not sure respect is what you usually give someone who has brought disharmony, failure and financial ruin.

I most certainly can. We didn’t force him to take an enormous wage for 4 years. There's no way we just gave him loads more than he wanted. He negotiated that salary.

Of course he did. We didn’t have to give it to him though did we?
Had we been sensibly run we would have let him go. We weren’t. Don’t blame him for getting the best deal he could.
The financial ruin was entirely self inflicted.,

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 16 Jan 2022 19:09

Snowflake Royal
Zip
Snowflake Royal I'm not sure respect is what you usually give someone who has brought disharmony, failure and financial ruin.

24000 posts and you are still talking cr&p.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Jan 2022 19:10

Zip
Snowflake Royal
Zip

Had we been sensibly run we would have let him go. We weren’t. Don’t blame him for getting the best deal he could.

You'll notice I've never not also blamed the club management. Or said he was exclusively to blame.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Jan 2022 19:13

Royals and Racers
Snowflake Royal
Zip

But it's varied, unlike your moaning about the club not publicising youth games.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 16 Jan 2022 19:15

Snowflake Royal
Zip
Snowflake Royal I most certainly can. We didn’t force him to take an enormous wage for 4 years. There's no way we just gave him loads more than he wanted. He negotiated that salary.

You'll notice I've never not also blamed the club management. Or said he was exclusively to blame.

That’s good of you! I might go to my employers and ask for an extra £20k a week but I think I know what they will say. His is one of a stack of deals the club have oxf*rd up. At least we didn’t pay a huge transfer fee for Moore and he has made plenty of appearances. Look at Popa, Mannone, Aluko, Edwards, Baldock, McNulty etc. etc
You can blame all of these players and many others for financial ruin too.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 16 Jan 2022 19:17

Barney
Simmops Anybody still saying support the club is clueless and the reason why nothing will change.

I assume you are having a pop at me, as it was me that said you should still support your club.

If you want to boycott. DO IT. Don't go looking for help. JUST DO IT. My preference is to pop along Wednesday and Saturday,
probably drink too much before the game, but get behind my club. You do what you want to do...just don't call me clueless.

I will be there on Wednesday and Saturday supporting the club too. It’s what being a supporter is all about. I want Pauno gone but whilst he is still here I will support him and the team and hope they can turn this around,

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 16 Jan 2022 19:18

Snowflake Royal
Zip

I blame him almost entirely. His high wage that he and his agent negotiated had a knock on effect with existing squad members renegotiated contracts and with new signings. They'll all want to be within a certain range of the top earner. His relationship with the owner who referred to Moore as a "lucky charm" saw him get a ridiculous 35k per week and for what? Him to organise a coach trip to Sheffield Wednesday to butter up the supporters and to knock up multiple Instagram apology posts?

If he wanted to leave that badly he could have done in the last year, pretty sure the club would have sold given the FFP issues. He hasn't gone because he knows he can milk us dry for another couple of years and it is also quite telling that nobody has come knocking. Liam Moore is his own biggest fan and will be a problem wherever he goes next. If him refusing to play at Kidderminster is true then he really is up there with the biggest rats we've ever had at the club.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 16 Jan 2022 19:19

Snowflake Royal
Royals and Racers
Snowflake Royal I most certainly can. We didn’t force him to take an enormous wage for 4 years. There's no way we just gave him loads more than he wanted. He negotiated that salary.

But it's varied, unlike your moaning about the club not publicising youth games.

U23`s are by the way NOT youth- they are Academy :wink:

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 16 Jan 2022 19:31

Barney

Not a pop at you. At anybody who goes to the games.

Next game i will be there with a sign and protesting against the owners. The only way we can be heard is a protest and failure for that to work then its violence.

578 posts