Liam moore

578 posts
NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Liam moore

by NathStPaul » 01 Feb 2022 09:57

Brogue
MR.CYNICAL Don't get all the hate for Liam Moore.
Everyone is saying he can't defend but nor can any of our team, have you noticed the amount of goals we've conceded this last month without him? The results, if anything, have got worse since he's been out.
If anyone has evidence that he's been disruptive, let's here it.
Thought the statement put out by the club the other week was well out of order.

hi dd

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 01 Feb 2022 10:09

WestYorksRoyal
Ascotexgunner
hughsies no.1 Know I’m in the minority here, but this whole Liam Moore saga is a mess and I can’t wait for him to come out with his side of the story - if he ever does.

He’s a decent Championship defender, always rates highly for blocks, clearly respected and liked by his team mates and has been made a scapegoat by the club.

He had his head turned by a move to Brighton, who wouldn’t given where we were and then was offered a bumper deal when being told we are not accepting £8m for him or whatever it was. Why wouldn’t he take that?

In terms of ability I’d certainly rather have him at CB ahead of Holmes at present (I know Holmes has a bright future but his performances of late have been awful).

I don’t think Moore’s performances have been any worse than the golden boy Laurent who gets let off the hook every week by fans just because he gives us a clap or many others tbf.

Good luck to Moore and hope it works out for him - genuinely don’t think he’s the bad egg the club are making him out to be.

Well I know my side of the story. His performances were pathetic, and half hearted, couldn't tackle and some of the worst defensive positioning I've seen. I'd like to see his team mates perspective. And his captaincy was non existant. I think some of his teamates might have been glad to see the back of him. He has let us down so many times recently.

When we signed him, he was a talented young defender who looked like a great bit of business. But he hasn't grown into the leader and defensive organiser we expected; Morrison has taken on that role. He's been too emotional and it affects his performances.

I think he's allowed a victim mentality to grow in his head over time, caused by the Brighton affair and missing his PL opportunity. The only reversal of fortune he's had was during the feelgood Pauno honeymoon period. But he's not a victim, in fact his contract is so great it has hamstrung the club.

The club has been a mess in recent years, but you can largely break the squad into 2 categories. Those trying to make the best of a bad situation, like Morrison, Meite, McIntyre and Carroll for 2 months. And then there are those who are part of the problem. Unfortunately there are too many of them. I don't want to hear Moore moan about his side of the story as he has contributed to the stink around the club. He was our highest paid player and should have been leading efforts to try and drag us through this period.

That's exactly the huge part of what I missed in my comment. The victim mentality. The last thing you need is a captain with that attitude. Great captains take shit and criticism from all angles. But to him it was about him and not the team. I never heard him defend individuals or players.....it always seemed to be about him and fans being unreasonable.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 01 Feb 2022 10:14

Ascotexgunner
WestYorksRoyal
Ascotexgunner
Well I know my side of the story. His performances were pathetic, and half hearted, couldn't tackle and some of the worst defensive positioning I've seen. I'd like to see his team mates perspective. And his captaincy was non existant. I think some of his teamates might have been glad to see the back of him. He has let us down so many times recently.

When we signed him, he was a talented young defender who looked like a great bit of business. But he hasn't grown into the leader and defensive organiser we expected; Morrison has taken on that role. He's been too emotional and it affects his performances.

I think he's allowed a victim mentality to grow in his head over time, caused by the Brighton affair and missing his PL opportunity. The only reversal of fortune he's had was during the feelgood Pauno honeymoon period. But he's not a victim, in fact his contract is so great it has hamstrung the club.

The club has been a mess in recent years, but you can largely break the squad into 2 categories. Those trying to make the best of a bad situation, like Morrison, Meite, McIntyre and Carroll for 2 months. And then there are those who are part of the problem. Unfortunately there are too many of them. I don't want to hear Moore moan about his side of the story as he has contributed to the stink around the club. He was our highest paid player and should have been leading efforts to try and drag us through this period.

That's exactly the huge part of what I missed in my comment. The victim mentality. The last thing you need is a captain with that attitude. Great captains take shit and criticism from all angles. But to him it was about him and not the team. I never heard him defend individuals or players.....it always seemed to be about him and fans being unreasonable.

Let’s not make things up to suit an agenda?

Not too fussed to see him go anyway, although I don’t really think he’s been any worse than some of the others and the fact we’ve conceded 21 goals in January alone sort of backs that up. I have noticed the comparisons made with Moore in/out the team has suddenly stopped recently :idea:

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 01 Feb 2022 10:23

Obviously good riddance. Expensive, crap, problematic.

Not at all interested in Tom Ince (1 goal in 8 for Stoke is it??) but hey better to have him than Moore around, at least he'll be used.

My kids are excited, they literally think we're getting a spider to play football.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 01 Feb 2022 10:28

Millsy Obviously good riddance. Expensive, crap, problematic.

Not at all interested in Tom Ince (1 goal in 8 for Stoke is it??) but hey better to have him than Moore around, at least he'll be used.

My kids are excited, they literally think we're getting a spider to play football.

No. 3 in last 6 games (inc. FA Cup).

3 goals in 11 Championship (442mins) games.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 01 Feb 2022 10:32

Millsy My kids are excited, they literally think we're getting a spider to play football.

After that comment I had to go and look it up on the Web to make sure we hadn't...

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 01 Feb 2022 10:32

To label Ince a bad signing is wrong imo. Evidence suggests in short bursts he is a game changer. He will be motivated to put in good displays and get a move somewhere in the summer, I don't think he will be coming here to go through the motions.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 01 Feb 2022 10:34

He plays well in between not scoring goals.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 01 Feb 2022 10:35

NathStPaul To label Ince a bad signing is wrong imo. Evidence suggests in short bursts he is a game changer. He will be motivated to put in good displays and get a move somewhere in the summer, I don't think he will be coming here to go through the motions.

That's the one thing we can certainly guarantee, Ince definitely will want to put himself in the shop window, he's 30 so it might be one last big payday before he starts a decline.

Moore on the other hand knows he still can mug us off for 35k/wk next season regardless of what happens.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 01 Feb 2022 10:37

Millsy He plays well in between not scoring goals.

Hendo just told you you scores goals using stats, are you saying the stats aren't real? Tom Ince isn't really a striker, I don't expect goals from him. I expect hard work and creativity which he can do over short periods of time.

I know your boyfriend Liam has gone and it must hurt but you will have to stop crying soon.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 01 Feb 2022 10:39

Hendo

Ok, nice cherry-picking of a handful of recent games. Hope it continues.

Going by wiki stats it's:

2018– Stoke City 94 (12)

He scored no goals for Luton in 7 appearances.

Wiki site is clearly quite anti Ince though as it talks about a season where he scored 3 goals in 40 apps for Stoke, but misses out 5 in 15 this season.

So yeah recent form 1 in 3 might not be that bad, and more relevant I guess than looking at the past few years.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 01 Feb 2022 10:42

NathStPaul
Millsy He plays well in between not scoring goals.

Hendo just told you you scores goals using stats, are you saying the stats aren't real? Tom Ince isn't really a striker, I don't expect goals from him. I expect hard work and creativity which he can do over short periods of time.

I know your boyfriend Liam has gone and it must hurt but you will have to stop crying soon.

You seem to have a serious personality problem mate.

Moore my boyfriend? Nah that's Ejaria. Moore can f**k off, good riddance.

I've looked at stats too. You saying stats aren't real? As it happens I think the 5 in 15 for this last season is better than the 12 in 94 I was going by so that's cool.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 01 Feb 2022 10:45

Millsy
Hendo

2018– Stoke City 94 (12)

Wiki site is clearly quite anti Ince though as it talks about a season where he scored 3 goals in 40 apps for Stoke, but misses out 5 in 15 this season.

So yeah recent form 1 in 3 might not be that bad, and more relevant I guess than looking at the past few years.

I didn't cherry pick his totals though, 3 goals in 442mins of Championship football is for this season. 1 goal every 147mins or 1 goal every 2 games.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 01 Feb 2022 10:49

Hendo
Millsy
Hendo

2018– Stoke City 94 (12)

I didn't cherry pick his totals though, 3 goals in 442mins of Championship football is for this season. 1 goal every 147mins or 1 goal every 2 games.

I was just asking the question - brief look at wiki suggests he scored 12 in 94 for Stoke. However that includes some pretty poor seasons (3 in 40 apps).

Thank you I agree that while it's relative cherry-picking to go only by recent games and not look at the whole that I was referring to, your pick is definitely the most relevant and quite impressive.

We can be sure to ruin that here though! :)

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 01 Feb 2022 10:55

Snowflake Royal
hughsies no.1 Know I’m in the minority here, but this whole Liam Moore saga is a mess and I can’t wait for him to come out with his side of the story - if he ever does.

He’s a decent Championship defender, always rates highly for blocks, clearly respected and liked by his team mates and has been made a scapegoat by the club.

He had his head turned by a move to Brighton, who wouldn’t given where we were and then was offered a bumper deal when being told we are not accepting £8m for him or whatever it was. Why wouldn’t he take that?

In terms of ability I’d certainly rather have him at CB ahead of Holmes at present (I know Holmes has a bright future but his performances of late have been awful).

I don’t think Moore’s performances have been any worse than the golden boy Laurent who gets let off the hook every week by fans just because he gives us a clap or many others tbf.

Good luck to Moore and hope it works out for him - genuinely don’t think he’s the bad egg the club are making him out to be.

You think his contract was our idea? He tried to force a move because Gourlay wasn't sorting out a contract for him.

We basically caved and paid him what he demanded.

And he's so high on blocks only because he's never in the right position to mark someone.

There are two signatures on the contract - so yes, it was our idea - we wrote it and offered it!

Paunovic in the last interview said he wanted to play Moore, but was being blocked from above,

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 01 Feb 2022 10:56

another reason Pauno should be sacked

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 01 Feb 2022 11:15

Hound another reason Pauno should be sacked

Definitely should be, but this doesn't provide a reason for it. Seems reasonable to me.

Moore had to go and Ince seems to be a reasonable striking/attacking option if you look at recent form. Killing two birds with one stone (with Puscas going).

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 01 Feb 2022 11:17

Millsy

Definitely should be, but this doesn't provide a reason for it. Seems reasonable to me.

Moore had to go and Ince seems to be a reasonable striking/attacking option if you look at recent form. Killing two birds with one stone (with Puscas going).

the comment was in reference to this

'Paunovic in the last interview said he wanted to play Moore'

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 01 Feb 2022 14:38

Hound
Millsy

Heh, fair enough.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 01 Feb 2022 15:24

Hound
Millsy

Why did he retire then, might he make a better player than manager even at 44?

578 posts